Richard. ....

Richard Pavek
OP Richard Pavek Veteran Member • Posts: 6,969
Re: South Florida Deja Vu

All good, thanks for posting
Richard. ...

Richard Pavek
Re: A first for me....despite the weather!

Good job

Richard. ...

Richard Pavek
Re: My Winter Friends

Very nice!
Richard. ...

Richard Pavek
Re: Winter SongBirds

Like the touch of snow.
Richard. ...

Messier Object Veteran Member • Posts: 6,826
Re: Mine for this Weeks all with the M1 with the ZD300 + EC14

Hi Richard,  glad to hear you finally got some proper rain.
Your shots are excellent as usual. 
I mentioned this once before . . . when I click on view at 100% the image I see has a weird colour change. I've seen this issue mentioned in another forum, and is not dependent on which computer I use to view.

Peter

Messier Object's gear list:Messier Object's gear list
Olympus E-5 Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EOS 7D Mark II Olympus E-M1 II Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50-200mm 1:2.8-3.5 SWD +11 more
Re: A Winter's Day

Terrific results with that combo. I rarely go above ISO400 on my E-30. Your ISO800 shots are very clean (cleaner than many E-M1 shots I see).
The gang of Robins (or is it Robin) is my favourite shot. Always fun to see a close group like that interacting

Peter

Olympus E-5 Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EOS 7D Mark II Olympus E-M1 II Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50-200mm 1:2.8-3.5 SWD +11 more
Re: From New Zealand

Nice catch.
I'm wondering what 'ended' the bird - humans, the sea or a quake

Peter

Re: From NSW...

Wow,  what luck !
And you didn't waste the opportunity - well done Rick
I've never been close enough for any shots.

Peter

Richard Pavek
Re: Mine for this Weeks all with the M1 with the ZD300 + EC14

Don't know what to say , Peter, when I click on anybody's image it seems a bit darker when it's larger but I don't see a color shift.

???
Richard. ...

Re: Mating Tui not looking so pretty

Tough shoot - dark birds in dappled light.
Peter

Re: First shots with the ZD50-200+EC-14

Excellent shooting.
That lens combo punches well above its weight in dollars.

Peter

Re: Australian Robin portrait

Beautiful shot Dharma.
I hope you're enjoying the break from the ice and snow

Peter

Re: My Winter Friends

Outstanding shots Pam.
Very cute birds, especially the wren.
Your framing and presentations are perfect
Peter

Wonderful work ! The subtle lighting adds something to the mood - a very 'natural' look to all of these shots

Andrew, I hope you are not going to tell me that these were also shot through your kitchen window.

Peter

BabuRick
BabuRick Senior Member • Posts: 1,184
and I enjoyed these too.... (n/t)

Rick

DonSC Senior Member • Posts: 1,032
Re: First shots with the ZD50-200+EC-14

Thanks for the helpful summary!

BabuRick
BabuRick Senior Member • Posts: 1,184
I even got two bites at the cherry...

Thanks for your comments. It's days later and I'm still in disbelief about this bird, especially in view of what 'Whynot' and Peter said.

When I first saw him he had just flown onto the top of the rock (see pic1 below), and I took a series of photos approaching obliquely, first below and to the right of the rock and then going round to the higher left side of the rock to get a really close up view from a little below (the first pic in my original post.)

Then I said 'thank you' and went back down to the beach to join my daughter. A few seconds later he took off and disappeared. I started looking at a larger bird of prey (?sea eagle?) well down the beach and then suddenly saw the kestrel hawking back over the beach. I've so far proven useless at BIFs with that camera/lens combination but I pointed the camera at him anyway and took several more. They're not good photos, but in the 100% detail you can see (what I couldn't at the time) the cicada in his left claw.

Next thing he's back on the rock, and allowing me to approach all over again. This time I chose a less close but higher vantage point on the cliff, where I could see what he had caught, and took a a whole lot more photos, including the second one in my original post. Then I left him to finish his meal (my daughter was getting pretty bored and I felt he had earned a bit of peace.)

Rick

Cicada in left claw

19andrew47
19andrew47 Forum Pro • Posts: 28,460

I confess that they were Peter with the 40 -150 mm m4/3 lens I paid $90 for new from Olympus. The nuthatches are difficult because they don't sit still for very long. It is likely about 2 m to the branches they perch on from the window so they are pretty close. It was snowing a fair amount when I took these and bloody cold.

Good to hear the fires are less damaging than I thought.

Andrew

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads