*** This Week Through YOUR m4/3 2014.02.08 ***

Started Feb 8, 2014 | Discussions
OtisMosely New Member • Posts: 4
Re: Recent Chicago Trip

Thanks, I look forward to sharing pictures in the future...

evadim Junior Member • Posts: 41
Re: More mist.

Love color one...

evadim's gear list:evadim's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Panasonic Lumix G 14mm F2.5 ASPH Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-42mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS Samyang 7.5mm F3.5 UMC Fisheye MFT Tokina Reflex 300mm F6.3 MF Macro +3 more
Roberto Angelo
Roberto Angelo Regular Member • Posts: 337
Spooky Carousel in Rome

Taken with an Olympus E-PL1 and the Lumix 14/2.5.

Roberto Angelo's gear list:Roberto Angelo's gear list
Olympus PEN E-PL1 Olympus PEN E-P5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM1 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Panasonic Lumix G 14mm F2.5 ASPH +5 more
Scotsman Senior Member • Posts: 1,447
Re: The fog rolls in

Where were your pics taken? Central FL gets almost no fog?

-- hide signature --

A DSLR is a black hole that you throw money in to, and enjoy every minute of it!!!!

Scotsman's gear list:Scotsman's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus E-M5 II Olympus E-M1 II Sigma 150-500mm F5-6.3 DG OS HSM Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 R +8 more
Florida Nature Photographer Veteran Member • Posts: 8,116
Re: The fog rolls in

Scotsman wrote:

Where were your pics taken? Central FL gets almost no fog?

I took an excursion to Palm Harbor (Central West Coast). Fog is rare here. Partially explaining my lack of experience in capturing it.

Florida Nature Photographer's gear list:Florida Nature Photographer's gear list
Olympus E-M1 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50-200mm 1:2.8-3.5 SWD Olympus 12-40mm F2.8 Topaz Adjust +3 more
19andrew47
19andrew47 Forum Pro • Posts: 30,018
Re: *** This Week Through YOUR m4/3 2014.02.08 *** -- sorry for testing

Very cute!

Andrew

yyr
yyr Veteran Member • Posts: 9,489
Re: A sunny interval

Wormsmeat wrote:

I'd happily trade it for your picturesque snow.

Be careful what you wish for...it affects me too.

You're right, of course! Which would you prefer?

-- hide signature --

Yaelle

yyr
yyr Veteran Member • Posts: 9,489
Re: A couple more

Florida Nature Photographer wrote:

Those are very inspiring. I'm going to have to start taking a more serious look at ordinary objects.

Thanks Florida. That was the theme. I wouldn't normally bother with the inside of my washing machine 

-- hide signature --

Yaelle

Peter Del Veteran Member • Posts: 4,247
Re: Should I have bothered?

Thanks for the interesting comments.

Peter Del

Peter Del's gear list:Peter Del's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus PEN-F Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm F4.0-5.6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 14-150mm 1:4-5.6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm F1.8 +4 more
(unknown member) Senior Member • Posts: 3,010
Re: New Lens 75-300mm

Wormsmeat wrote:

Interesting shots. I think I prefer the mystery of the 2nd. It's a lens I wouldn't mind having in my armoury.

Thank you. The lens is a bit tricky to use at 300mm I have to brace it against something when its zoomed out to 300mm because I only have 2 axis stabilization in my E-PM2. I seems to have a little less contrast than my other Olympus lenses but its much much better than the old Vivitar 75-205mm lens I was using. I hoping to get some shots of birds if they ever decide to make an appearance this year. LOL I have the lens but no subjects..

http://www.flickr.com/photos/90891174@N04/

Bob Tullis
Bob Tullis Forum Pro • Posts: 35,722
Re: Spooky Carousel in Rome

Spooky indeed!

All that comes to mind (besides "eerie") is "Well seen, well exposed, well done!"   Quite captivating.

-- hide signature --

...Bob, NYC
http://www.bobtullis.com
http://www.flickr.com/photos/bobtullis/
"Well, sometimes the magic works. . . Sometimes, it doesn't." - Chief Dan George, Little Big Man

Bob Tullis's gear list:Bob Tullis's gear list
Fujifilm X-Pro2 Fujifilm X-H1 Fujifilm X100F Fujifilm X-T2
Bob Tullis
Bob Tullis Forum Pro • Posts: 35,722
The Cloisters

Geez, you gals and guys are really flexing those eyes and index fingers.  My commendations to all You People!  

Had the time today, not sure what to do with it.   Took a drive, intending to find a place to park and walk about in northern Manhattan, trying to find some new neighborhoods for fodder.   Ended up with a last moment's turn-off into the Cloisters.   I don't get there much, but I recall and found these again to be the favorite two corners of the site.

An interesting finding, for me anyway, about the last one.   With the original exposure/perspective below, in correcting for the verticals  top arch was cropped completely across the top.  Unfortunate, but I figured ht's the best I could expect.   I've never touched the Aspect slider before, just as a lark to put a little crop on the sides I thought to stretch it wider.   That allowed the rim of the arch to be pulled down and revealed as is shown above.  Cool.   I think it makes all the difference, and more so it doesn't look odd for doing so.   Or does it, for you?

I don't say this much, but it's implied for any showing that any critical observations are always invited.

-- hide signature --

...Bob, NYC
http://www.bobtullis.com
http://www.flickr.com/photos/bobtullis/
"Well, sometimes the magic works. . . Sometimes, it doesn't." - Chief Dan George, Little Big Man

Bob Tullis's gear list:Bob Tullis's gear list
Fujifilm X-Pro2 Fujifilm X-H1 Fujifilm X100F Fujifilm X-T2
Florida Nature Photographer Veteran Member • Posts: 8,116
Re: The Cloisters

Bob Tullis wrote:

I've never touched the Aspect slider before, just as a lark to put a little crop on the sides I thought to stretch it wider. That allowed the rim of the arch to be pulled down and revealed as is shown above. Cool. I think it makes all the difference, and more so it doesn't look odd for doing so. Or does it, for you?

I don't say this much, but it's implied for any showing that any critical observations are always invited.

The arch at the top looks great. I took a look and found the aspect slider in Lightroom. I will be trying that in the future because I've run into similar problems with things getting cropped when aligning. Now I have something else to try.

I don't know what it actually looks like but to me the column on the right, closest to the camera, isn't quite straight up and down, making the opening down near the stairs appear to be slightly wider than the opening up near the crucifix. That may just be because of the angle you are shooting from but I wanted to mention that I noticed it.

Florida Nature Photographer's gear list:Florida Nature Photographer's gear list
Olympus E-M1 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50-200mm 1:2.8-3.5 SWD Olympus 12-40mm F2.8 Topaz Adjust +3 more
jeffpix
jeffpix Contributing Member • Posts: 511
Re: *** This Week Through YOUR m4/3 2014.02.08 *** - at the ocean

Wormsmeat wrote:

The first is great - I like the distant lights. Did you catch one where the figure is a little closer? And though bird shorts aren't my thing, the reflections in #6 elevate it.

Hi all,

Many thanks to Yaelle, Florida, and Wormsmeat for your comments.

To answer W, I have included another photo where the person is closer (see below), as you suggest. Maybe it should have waited until the person was lined up with the highlight in the water. Anyway, that's what I've got.

To answer Florida, I am not really into removing objects from my photos -- I should probably learn how to do that, but so far I have just accepted that some things in a picture may not be perfect and it's OK with me. (Life is easier that way.) However, I do agree with your comment about cropping the pelican picture. Thanks for pointing that out!

All the best,

Jeff

This picture is better if you expand it.

jeffpix's gear list:jeffpix's gear list
Olympus TG-5 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus E-M1 II Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm F1.8 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 12mm 1:2 +7 more
jaybp Forum Member • Posts: 81
Re: Royal Botanical Gardens

The main entrance is at Churchill Park. It goes all over. You can reach McMaster from there, or the lake. Maps and info available here http://www.rbg.ca/files/pdf/gardenareas/trails/RBGCootesTG13.pdf

jaybp Forum Member • Posts: 81
Re: Royal Botanical Gardens

And in particular, the second shot is of Ravine Road Trail, shown on the map I linked to in my other reply.

webservants
webservants Contributing Member • Posts: 999
Through a glass darkly

Local view from my street ..

-- hide signature --

blessings,
Steven

webservants's gear list:webservants's gear list
Olympus E-M1 Olympus E-M1 II Olympus 12-40mm F2.8 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 25mm F1.8 Olympus 40-150mm F2.8 Pro +1 more
Roberto Angelo
Roberto Angelo Regular Member • Posts: 337
Re: Spooky Carousel in Rome

Thanks a lot, Bob. Big fan of your photography, even if it provokes near terminal nostalgia. I'm a New Yorker being held prisoner by wife, children, and good wine in Rome.

Roberto Angelo's gear list:Roberto Angelo's gear list
Olympus PEN E-PL1 Olympus PEN E-P5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM1 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Panasonic Lumix G 14mm F2.5 ASPH +5 more
Wormsmeat
OP Wormsmeat Forum Pro • Posts: 16,129
Re: A sunny interval

Snow when I'm at home, rain when I've got to get to work (please).

Wormsmeat's gear list:Wormsmeat's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM5 Olympus PEN-F Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm F1.8 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 12mm 1:2 Samyang 7.5mm F3.5 UMC Fisheye MFT +5 more
Daniel Wee
Daniel Wee Contributing Member • Posts: 537
Re: *** This Week Through YOUR m4/3 2014.02.08 ***

From today:-

Daniel Wee's gear list:Daniel Wee's gear list
Olympus C-2000 Zoom Nikon D70 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1 Sony Alpha a7S Sony Alpha a7R II +10 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads