New A-mount announced..

Started Feb 3, 2014 | Discussions
Ontario Gone
Ontario Gone Senior Member • Posts: 4,183
Re: New A-mount announced..

K E Hoffman wrote:

Hasselblad?

And do you think Hasselblad would be partnering on a mount that was being "dumped" Nope..

The most relevant statement of late. A company of this calibre, albeit small, is a sign that A-mount isn't going anywhere.

As a matter of fact I assume there are contracts etc. That would put Sony in a whole lot of legal hurt of they were to drop support after Hasselblad partnered.

First shoe of the A-mount update cycle drops...

-- hide signature --

"Run to the light, Carol Anne. Run as fast as you can!"

Ontario Gone's gear list:Ontario Gone's gear list
Nikon D7000 Canon EOS 70D Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm F1.8G Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.8G Canon EF 40mm f/2.8 STM
digitalshooter
digitalshooter Forum Pro • Posts: 19,604
OK i'll bite. Maybe but what if it gets sold to Hassle and

the price of a-mount cameras sky rocket!  Pretty much same result, right?

-- hide signature --

Thanks,
Digitalshooter
PS: all posts are just my opinion!

digitalshooter's gear list:digitalshooter's gear list
Sony Alpha DSLR-A700 Canon Pixma Pro9000 Mark II
EinsteinsGhost
EinsteinsGhost Forum Pro • Posts: 11,977
Re: OK i'll bite. Maybe but what if it gets sold to Hassle and

the price of a-mount cameras sky rocket!  Pretty much same result, right?

-- hide signature --

Thanks,
Digitalshooter

What is this result you speak of?

EinsteinsGhost's gear list:EinsteinsGhost's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-F828 Sony SLT-A55 Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sigma 18-250mm F3.5-6.3 DC OS HSM Sony 135mm F2.8 (T4.5) STF +12 more
Allan Olesen Veteran Member • Posts: 3,391

K E Hoffman wrote:

Also I don't remember Sony having Dolby in the video audio...

Improvement to video recording is probably the improvement I would have least expected from Hasselblad.

Brian_Smith
Brian_Smith Senior Member • Posts: 2,977

eastbayrae wrote:

Am I understanding this right? It's an a99 with a new body for nearly 5 times the price?

$11,500 is actually the kit price which includes a CZ 24-70/2.8, extra battery and case.

According to my math that brings the kit within a mere $6,561 of a similar Sony package.

digitalshooter
end of the affordable a mount (nt)
-- hide signature --

Thanks,
Digitalshooter

digitalshooter
Yep you just have to raid your kids college fund (nt)
-- hide signature --

Thanks,
Digitalshooter

Rand 47 Contributing Member • Posts: 676

P.T. Barnum must be laughing his rear end off as he spins in his grave.  Dang, that's funny.  Someone at Hassy is smoking banana peels or something.  First the "Looney" and now this ...  What a hoot.

Rand

Rand 47's gear list:Rand 47's gear list
Sigma DP1 Merrill Sigma DP2 Merrill Sigma DP3 Merrill Fujifilm X-Pro2 Fujifilm X-E3 +10 more
shoevarek Contributing Member • Posts: 518

You are right. When such tytan of photo business as Hasselblad joins forces with Sony it definitly strengthens long term prospects of the system. Together their titanic efforts will create jaggernout able to survive collisions with icebergs of camera market.

What's more important, that partnership adds several (maybe even few dozens) more clients looking for additional lenses to augment their system. Given those clients' deep pockets I would expect used lens prices skyrocket in the near future. I knew there was by design that noone raised interest in my moderately proced sell offers. Now I will have a chance to sell my lenses with profit

tqlla Veteran Member • Posts: 4,047

Hopefully this isn't what "they" meant by Amount being positioned for high end.

tqlla's gear list:tqlla's gear list
Sony Alpha DSLR-A850 Sony Alpha a99 Sony a99 II Sony 16-35mm F2.8 ZA SSM Carl Zeiss Vario-Sonnar T* Sony 24-70mm F2.8 ZA SSM Carl Zeiss Vario-Sonnar T* +9 more
shoevarek Contributing Member • Posts: 518

I can not but think that if such statement was made it was made without any relation to Hasselblad offering. The reason being that I do not think Hasselblad has any long term realistic and profitable strategy of continuing A mount system if it went alone. Overpriced jewelry that also make pictures may be ego statement for some with means but there will be even less buyers for jewelry that weights few pounds. Counting on expanding A mount user base or continuing profitable system by offering it only through Hasselblad is a pipe dream.

Yxa
Yxa Senior Member • Posts: 2,173

Rand 47 wrote:

P.T. Barnum must be laughing his rear end off as he spins in his grave. Dang, that's funny. Someone at Hassy is smoking banana peels or something. First the "Looney" and now this ... What a hoot.

Rand

Victor Hasselblad was the designer of the cameras and the CEO of Hasselblad AB , he died 1978

He must be spinning in his grave

Hasselblad is no longer a Swedish company ( or camera company) but the name sounds better then:

Ventizz Capital Fund IV, LP, wich ownes the company now

"After eight years of ownership by the Hong Kong-based Shriro group, Hasselblad is now moving back to its European roots."

Yeah  right , a Swiss/German holding company instead of the Swedish camera firm

They should have changed the name to The emperors new camera corp or 10cc ( but this was taken)

Jeadm Senior Member • Posts: 1,726
"New A-mount announced.." ... I see what you did there, you sly devil!

The Sony A99 is the Ford Crown Victoria to the Hassleblad HV's Lincoln Town Car.

Sadly, my Lincoln eye collides head-on with my Taurus wallet.

-- hide signature --

-Jeadm
If you're going to worry about something in life, make sure it's life changing and earth shattering, worthy of your time and energy to fret. It's been 5 minutes already; has anybody started a new "Death of A-mount" thread yet?

Jeadm's gear list:Jeadm's gear list
Sony a77 II Tamron SP AF 70-200mm F/2.8 Di LD (IF) MACRO Tokina AT-X Pro 11-16mm f/2.8 DX Sony 85mm F2.8 SAM Sony DT 35mm F1.8 SAM +15 more
Nordstjernen
Nordstjernen Veteran Member • Posts: 6,876
Where is the Hasselblad forum?

I think there should be a seperate Hasselblad forum to avoid that this forum is flooded with new want-to-be photographers using A mount lenses.

Nordstjernen's gear list:Nordstjernen's gear list
Sony Alpha a99 Sony Alpha a7
Re: Where is the Hasselblad forum?

And when a year goes by (maybe even less) that there's no Hassleblad HV2 announced, I would strongly encourage a surge in Hassleblad A-mount death threads there as well.

Sony a77 II Tamron SP AF 70-200mm F/2.8 Di LD (IF) MACRO Tokina AT-X Pro 11-16mm f/2.8 DX Sony 85mm F2.8 SAM Sony DT 35mm F1.8 SAM +15 more
JimmyMelbourne Senior Member • Posts: 2,458
Or sell a kidney (NT)

No text.

JimmyMelbourne's gear list:JimmyMelbourne's gear list
Sony Alpha DSLR-A300 Sony SLT-A77 Sony SLT-A37 NEX-5T Sony Alpha a7 +20 more
Marty4650
Marty4650 Forum Pro • Posts: 14,603
I want a Hassy A3000
 Marty4650's gear list:Marty4650's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus E-M1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM1 Olympus Zuiko Digital 11-22mm 1:2.8-3.5 Panasonic Lumix G 14mm F2.5 ASPH +12 more
Renato1 Veteran Member • Posts: 3,327
Hot Shoe Cover

Do my eyes deceive me, or do I indeed see a hot shoe cover on this camera?
No wonder it's expensive.
But I can't help but feel they are still skimping by leaving off the pop-up flash.
Regards,
Renato

123Mike Veteran Member • Posts: 4,643
Bad news

I think this is bad news. One of the most horrible overpriced products in any shape or form from anyone I've ever seen I think - and that includes real estate agents (which is saying something).

I mean, taking an A99 and throwing around a new shell, and adding case to it, and charging 11 big ones up from 2.5. I think this is serious insult to all. It should be.

So, A-mount is becoming holy now... good grief. I'm not liking this, one single bit.

Re: I want a Hassy A3000

Marty4650 wrote:

Encrusted with jewels, and clad in exotic wood.

I'd pay $10,000 for this beauty!

Isn't it a beauty?

Funniest thing about that is not everyone is certain that such an item exists or not.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads