B&H used E-5 pricing ...

Started Jan 29, 2014 | Discussions
veroman Veteran Member • Posts: 4,838
B&H used E-5 pricing ...

Just took a browse through B&H's used gear department. I see they've bumped up the prices on the used E-5 and E-3 cameras, with a 9+ E-5 going for $1,300. Looks like they're becoming even more scarce and also in demand. Glad I still have mine, 'cause I know if I sold it I'd only want to purchase another. We learn those lessons the hard way ...

-- hide signature --

SteveG
'When love and skill work together, expect a masterpiece.'
— Found in a Chinese Fortune Cookie
www.stephenmichaelgarey.com

veroman's gear list:veroman's gear list
Leica Digilux 2 Olympus E-20 Ricoh GR II Olympus E-5 Fujifilm X-E2
Olympus E-3 Olympus E-5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
JiminDenver Veteran Member • Posts: 5,189
Re: B&H used E-5 pricing ...

Pretty good for some old dino cams.

-- hide signature --

JimB
Bug Whisperer
Join us in The Weekly Close up every weekend

JiminDenver's gear list:JiminDenver's gear list
Olympus C-8080 Wide Zoom Olympus E-3 Olympus E-5 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50mm 1:2.0 Macro Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 12-60mm 1:2.8-4.0 SWD +14 more
19andrew47
19andrew47 Forum Pro • Posts: 27,199

Last week a new open box E-5 was at about $1000 cdn 1 h before the end of the auction.  Not sure where it ended up.  E-3s  with around 10 000 clicks or fewer have been selling at around $300 cdn.  These have been at Henry's ebay store.

Guess I am not likely to get an E-5 in great shape for a bargain price so I have given up on that idea.

Andrew

OP veroman Veteran Member • Posts: 4,838

19andrew47 wrote:

Guess I am not likely to get an E-5 in great shape for a bargain price so I have given up on that idea.

Andrew

Never say "never." As more and more E-5 owners migrate to the E-M1, the prices will come down. And from what I can tell, the majority of E-camera owners take really good care of their gear. I haven't ever seen an E-5 "beater" (although I'm sure they're out there somewhere). Keep the faith. Check KEH often.

-- hide signature --

SteveG

veroman's gear list:veroman's gear list
Leica Digilux 2 Olympus E-20 Ricoh GR II Olympus E-5 Fujifilm X-E2
(unknown member) Veteran Member • Posts: 9,549

My E5, while far from a "beater," has seen over 3 years of  hard outdoor use in Southeast Alaska (lots of rain). It has a pretty fresh shutter, replaced a while back. The only thing I have noticed is some slight corrosion on the flash contacts which led to the ttl not working properly,  but after a little cleaning of the  green stuff all is good.

-- hide signature --

John Krumm
Juneau, AK

Craig from Nevada
Craig from Nevada Veteran Member • Posts: 3,577
The Deals are on the E-30

Not weather sealed, but about one-half the price

Craig from Nevada's gear list:Craig from Nevada's gear list
Olympus Tough TG-4 Olympus E-30 Olympus E-620 Olympus E-5 Fujifilm X-T1 +17 more
drj3 Veteran Member • Posts: 6,507

veroman wrote:

19andrew47 wrote:

Andrew

Never say "never." As more and more E-5 owners migrate to the E-M1, the prices will come down. And from what I can tell, the majority of E-camera owners take really good care of their gear. I haven't ever seen an E-5 "beater" (although I'm sure they're out there somewhere). Keep the faith. Check KEH often.

-- hide signature --

SteveG

I have the E-M1 and just ordered the E-M10 for my wife, however, I have no plans to get rid of the E5 until the mFTs cameras exceed the focusing speed of the E5 with the FTs lenses and focus well on horizontal objects (which may be never).  I think there are a lot of E-M1 + E5 users who will keep their E5 for those situations where the E5 is still the better camera.

-- hide signature --

drj3

drj3's gear list:drj3's gear list
Olympus E-510 Olympus E-5 Olympus E-M1 Olympus OM-D E-M10 Olympus E-M1 II +7 more
Roger Engelken
Roger Engelken Veteran Member • Posts: 5,055

veroman wrote:

Just took a browse through B&H's used gear department. I see they've bumped up the prices on the used E-5 and E-3 cameras, with a 9+ E-5 going for $1,300. Looks like they're becoming even more scarce and also in demand. Glad I still have mine, 'cause I know if I sold it I'd only want to purchase another. We learn those lessons the hard way ...

-- hide signature --

SteveG

If those are higher prices than for the same grade earlier, that is a good thing.  I am glad I have my E-5, only ~ 13,000 shutter count to date.

Roger Engelken's gear list:Roger Engelken's gear list
Olympus PEN E-P5 Olympus E-M1 Olympus OM-D E-M10 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX8 Olympus E-M1 II
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads