*** This Week Through YOUR m4/3 2014.01.25 ***

Started Jan 25, 2014 | Discussions
Florida Nature Photographer Veteran Member • Posts: 8,103
Re: Dated offerings

Bob Tullis wrote:

If I were to do it again, I'd crouch down to narrow the expanse between the two reflecting orbs.

Thanks for adding that comment. It helps me to learn and think. I love the shot as it is, though.

Florida Nature Photographer's gear list:Florida Nature Photographer's gear list
Olympus E-M1 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50-200mm 1:2.8-3.5 SWD Olympus 12-40mm F2.8 Topaz Adjust +3 more
Re: Some processing...

I like the first one.

Olympus E-M1 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50-200mm 1:2.8-3.5 SWD Olympus 12-40mm F2.8 Topaz Adjust +3 more
Wormsmeat
OP Wormsmeat Forum Pro • Posts: 13,691
Re: Bryant Park/Times Square Before and After the Snow

The middle three are pretty cool. Lot of life and colour in #2 whereas #3 seems cold but a tad sharper than those either side of it...then the shot of the police car has great vibrancy.

Wormsmeat's gear list:Wormsmeat's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM5 Olympus PEN-F Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm F4.0-5.6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm F1.8 Samyang 7.5mm F3.5 UMC Fisheye MFT +5 more
murfthesurf Contributing Member • Posts: 634
GO BRONCOS!!

-- hide signature --

- Murf

murfthesurf's gear list:murfthesurf's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM1 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm F1.8 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 17mm 1:1.8 Samyang 7.5mm F3.5 UMC Fisheye MFT +4 more
Wormsmeat
Re: *** This Week Through YOUR m4/3 2014.01.25 ***

#1 is bar far the most interesting to my eyes, good colours, lots to look at with being cluttered and good composition.

Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM5 Olympus PEN-F Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm F4.0-5.6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm F1.8 Samyang 7.5mm F3.5 UMC Fisheye MFT +5 more
FrankS009
FrankS009 Veteran Member • Posts: 5,218

Your comments about the South Street Seaport made me want to see it more clearly and in more detail. It looks like a very interesting building.

F.

-- hide signature --

When no-one else is there, the camera becomes my means...to say to a wider audience, "Did you see that?" David duChemin

Wormsmeat

The tone of the first makes it. I've noticed a few of your images recently have a similar vibe. Unusually you've managed to create a very bright image considering it was (presumably) taken in the dark.

Yes - I've seen and liked the 2nd elsewhere, probably Flickr.

webservants
webservants Contributing Member • Posts: 936
A hike in Whitewater

A few from earlier this week in Whitewater Preserve.

-- hide signature --

blessings,
Steven

webservants's gear list:webservants's gear list
Olympus E-M1 Olympus E-M1 II Olympus 12-40mm F2.8 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 25mm F1.8 Olympus 40-150mm F2.8 Pro
webservants
Re: London wakes up.

Nice shot with the Eye ..

-- hide signature --

blessings,
Steven

Olympus E-M1 Olympus E-M1 II Olympus 12-40mm F2.8 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 25mm F1.8 Olympus 40-150mm F2.8 Pro
webservants
Re: Heritage Buildings in Ballarat, Vic, Australia

Nice set

-- hide signature --

blessings,
Steven

Wormsmeat

Err...they all work IMO. The first is great  - it has a slight kitsch feel which you can get away with in wedding shots - don't like the dark frame for the subject though.

Interested to hear how much of the 2nd image was created by you - did you build up the whole image?

Wormsmeat
Re: Bearskin Airlines Fairchild Metroliner, Sudbury and points north

Hmmm - the first is very blue...intentional?

I was fascinated by the 2nd, it kinda shouldn't work but it does. I spent ages with my finger masking the yellow signs to see if I preferred the shot with or without them.

Wormsmeat
Re: GO BRONCOS!!

I like the 2nd a lot, works better than #1 as it is much sharper.

Michael L NYC 99
Michael L NYC 99 Veteran Member • Posts: 5,038

I'm looking forward to the new Pier 17, but I wonder how long it's really going to take. I think the shot at the zoo is very well composed as is. The separation between the orbs lets each stand out on their own instead and leads the viewer to the background instead of drawing attention to the orb in the foreground.

Michael

-- hide signature --

See my Flickr photostream here Michael.Lee.Pics.NYC

Michael L NYC 99's gear list:Michael L NYC 99's gear list
Olympus E-M5 II Sony Alpha 7R II Nikon AF Nikkor 85mm f/1.8D Panasonic Leica D Summilux Asph 25mm F1.4 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 100-300mm F4-5.6 OIS +15 more
Wormsmeat
Re: A hike in Whitewater

Looks a great spot - I'd love to have a crack at it with a super wide angle.

inorogNL
inorogNL Regular Member • Posts: 171
and the winter came

sigma 70-210  Om lens

sigma 70-210 OM lens sigma

inorogNL's gear list:inorogNL's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Nikon D600 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM1 Nikon AF Nikkor 135mm f/2D DC Nikon AF-S Micro-Nikkor 105mm f/2.8G IF-ED VR +2 more
Trying stuff

All of these were taken last night. As you will see I am exploring ideas. I'd really appreciate it if you told me what works for you and what doesn't. Anything I can do to improve would be welcome.

Too many distractions in the middle?

The bridge really was this color

Can you tell what is going on here?

Trying to be artsy

Don't know if this is interesting

These colors moved. I don't know if it works as a photo

Spotted this and had to try

What to do about the lights in the left background? Other angles were worse.

Abrak Veteran Member • Posts: 3,624

Wormsmeat wrote:

Err...they all work IMO. The first is great - it has a slight kitsch feel which you can get away with in wedding shots - don't like the dark frame for the subject though.

Interested to hear how much of the 2nd image was created by you - did you build up the whole image?

Arguably the first is the most interesting from an M43 point of view. The couple were having engagement shots in front of the propaganda monument in Hanoi. I took 2 shots - one in focus and one 'totally out of focus' - the large circles are car lights. I then merged the 2 in PS. As you say very kitsch but what is more kitsch than standing in central Hanoi having engagement photos?

The second image is pretty easy to put together given I started with this photo....

Mostly a levels adjustment + cutout filter in PS.

Wormsmeat

Gotcha - was this one of yours too? If so, I hope it was staged

FrankS009
FrankS009 Veteran Member • Posts: 5,218
Re: Bearskin Airlines Fairchild Metroliner, Sudbury and points north

I hadn't realized how blue the first one is until someone said they liked the blue and orange combination. Will look at the white balance. And think more about the yellow sign in the second one - which did not bother me until you mentioned it but will now make me wonder! Maybe the 16:9 dimension helps the shot.

Thanks for your comments.

F.

When no-one else is there, the camera becomes my means...to say to a wider audience, "Did you see that?" David duChemin

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads