What can -5° F to -10° F do?

Started Jan 23, 2014 | Discussions
Norman B Regular Member • Posts: 300
Re: -5° F to -10° F = -20°C to -23°C -- a sidenote for us in, say, Europe (N/T)

I have heard from a source of unknown reliability that an ice cube tray filled with water out of the tap will freeze faster left outside at that temp. in F or C than a tray put in the freezer.

Just something to keep in mind if the SB is on and the need arises. Not that I would know anything like that but that's what I heard.

VisionLight
OP VisionLight Veteran Member • Posts: 4,688
Re: Ivan - Thanks for the conversion. (NT)

No text.

VisionLight's gear list:VisionLight's gear list
Samsung NX1 Canon EOS M5 Samsung 16-50mm F2.0-2.8 Samsung 50-150mm F2.8 S Canon EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS USM +5 more
VisionLight
Re: Norman

Take out a child's Bubble Blower (the one's where you dip the circular end in a soapy liquid then blow through the circle) and see what happens.

Samsung NX1 Canon EOS M5 Samsung 16-50mm F2.0-2.8 Samsung 50-150mm F2.8 S Canon EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS USM +5 more
I2K4 Contributing Member • Posts: 655
Re: What can -5° F to -10° F do?

Thanks for picturesque natural images.  Here in Toronto, while I have few shots of icicles, what the ice storm did was take down tree branches everywhere and create skateless rinks on pedestrian walks.  I had a couple of slips to my rump and one bounce off the back of my head from a half inch of snow camouflaging an ice sheet on what should have been urban civilization.  Here in Toronto, ordinary photography has become "do not try this at home".

I2K4's gear list:I2K4's gear list
Canon PowerShot S5 IS Canon PowerShot SX10 IS Canon PowerShot SD4000 IS +1 more
VisionLight
Re: I2K4

Sorry to hear the hidden ice has not been kind to your backside and head. When I saw that the dock looked like an ice skating rink from the frozen spray of the river, I at first hesitated. But spreading the legs of my tripod slightly made it a very effective walking stick (the camera was hung around my neck). So I gave it a go and was rewarded with an unhindered view of the river looking downstream.

Thanks for looking and please stay safe in your icy weather.

Ed

Nibbio Junior Member • Posts: 41
Re: What can -5° F to -10° F do?

Great photos indeed!

VisionLight
Re: Nibbio

Thanks Nibbio. I'm glad you liked them.

Ed

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads