Nikon SB-800 Shoe Base Unit

Started Jan 18, 2014 | Questions
Markrl New Member • Posts: 4
Nikon SB-800 Shoe Base Unit

I had an accident with my D7100 and SB-800 flash when it fell off my tripod when I did not know the quick release clamp had become loose. D7100 totaled and the shoe base unit on the SB-800 is bent, but the rest of the flash unit is OK.  I am trying to find a shoe base unit (which is a separate part of the SB-800) for sale or find someone with a damaged SB-800 unit where the base unit is still OK.

ANSWER:
Nikon D7100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
bravozulu Contributing Member • Posts: 897
Re: Nikon SB-800 Shoe Base Unit

I believe there is currently a listing for a 'parts only' SB800 on eBay. But the guy is asking about $80 dollars for it. That's an extraordinary price for a unit that doesn't work.

bravozulu's gear list:bravozulu's gear list
Nikon D7000 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 16-85mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 12-24mm f/4G ED-IF Nikon AF-S Micro-Nikkor 60mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-Nikkor 80-200mm f/2.8D ED +5 more
Patco Forum Pro • Posts: 13,674

Markrl wrote:

I had an accident with my D7100 and SB-800 flash when it fell off my tripod when I did not know the quick release clamp had become loose. D7100 totaled and the shoe base unit on the SB-800 is bent, but the rest of the flash unit is OK. I am trying to find a shoe base unit (which is a separate part of the SB-800) for sale or find someone with a damaged SB-800 unit where the base unit is still OK.

"Genuine Nikon replacement flash shoe assembly for the SB 800 Speedlight"

http://www.uscamera.com/ss128-93.htm

The Nikon part number listed in the repair manual is "SS128-93 SHOE BASE UNIT".

-- hide signature --

Patco
A photograph is more than a bunch of pixels

selected answer This post was selected as the answer by the original poster.
han47 Regular Member • Posts: 252

that's an extraordinary price for a unit that doesn't work.

Not if you knew the hotshoe unit would cost about that amount

And lots of parts to stock for future repairs.

Ciao, Han

OP Markrl New Member • Posts: 4

Thanks for the feedback.  The US Camera option seems like the best, as the guy with the broken flash did not know if base shoe unit was OK or not.

I have never used US Camera before...hopefully they are reputable business.

Mark

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads