What Did You Shoot or PP This Week? Week 3

Started Jan 16, 2014 | Discussions
griddi
griddi Veteran Member • Posts: 5,282
Re: What Did You Shoot or PP This Week? Week 3

jcmi wrote:

jcmi wrote:

Hi griddi,

Nice native plants. My garden is struggling - I'm in Melbourne - today and yesterday 44 - it came from your way! Hanging out for the cool change.

jcmi (Julie)

Oops, I think that second one is a japanese maple?

Hi Julie,

to tell the truth, I don't know the names of the plants anyway....

My garden is struggling too..... yes, your heat comes from my way, but we get the heat from Perth.......

Feeling sorry for the tennis players at the Australien open, next week we have here the " Tour Down under " ( bikes ).....

Waiting too for the promised cool change.......

Greetngs,

Griddi.......

Me Tarzan
OP Me Tarzan Senior Member • Posts: 1,392
Re: Two PP from my good ole GE Camera

jcmarfilph wrote:

Coney Island Tower

Coney Island Tower

-=[ Joms ]=-

Beautiful images, Joms. You do black and white so well. An excellent job of photographing. Thanks for contributing.

ivand Regular Member • Posts: 102

Tarzan, thanks very much for the comments.

Cheers ivand.

ivand's gear list:ivand's gear list
Canon PowerShot A610 Fujifilm FinePix F31fd Nikon D80
KKJohn
KKJohn Contributing Member • Posts: 904

Rapids at KutKu, Chiangkhan, Loei Prov, Thailand: Mekhong River overlooking Laos on left side. Fuji X10 panorama with sky graduated tint. This time of year river is full, in 2-3 months can almost walk across to Laos.

Mythical creature - symbol of Loei Prov in Northeast Thailand, in flower field overlooking Mekhong River towards Laos

Flowers on the bank of the Mekhong River in the morning light

KKJohn's gear list:KKJohn's gear list
Fujifilm X70 Fujifilm X-A1 Fujifilm X-T10 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 60mm F2.4 R Macro +2 more
Orion12 Senior Member • Posts: 2,014

jcmi wrote:

Nice to achieve an effect when you weren't trying to!!!

Life will Occasionally Throw One a Bone as Long as Action is Forwarding Momentum. . .

That's a Coded Message meaning it Pays to Practice. . . 

Cheers from Orion

Orion12's gear list:Orion12's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix HS50 EXR Pentax K10D Pentax K-5 IIs Pentax Q7 Sigma 70-300mm F4-5.6 APO DG Macro +5 more
(unknown member) Veteran Member • Posts: 5,400
Florida soon

In a few days my wife and I will send some time on the gulf coast in Florida for some tropical relief. (I loved seeing the colorful parrot in your icon!)

Me Tarzan

Excellent images, KKJohn. The pano is beautiful. And the 'mythical creature' is wildly fascinating.

Thank you for posting.

Sactojim Veteran Member • Posts: 6,743
Re: edit from me...

Labe, the first one I like, the second one I really like!! Good job on these.

Danielepaolo
MOD Danielepaolo Veteran Member • Posts: 4,521

Some miscellaneous shots posted this week

Snow ball fight in summer on the Furka pass

view from the Furka pass @2500m

Beach in Barcelona

amerika under Australien statue in Vienna

-- hide signature --

Apologies if my lack of photographic knowledge is catching.

DickyAus Senior Member • Posts: 2,091
Blue Triangle

Last shots of my week.

Blue Triangle butterfly

Red dragonfly catching the afternoon sun.

Baby Butcher Bird.

Baby sulking.

Bottlebrush flower.

Dicky.

DickyAus's gear list:DickyAus's gear list
Olympus E-M1 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 60mm 1:2.8 Macro Olympus M.Zuiko ED 75-300mm 1:4.8-6.7 II Olympus M.Zuiko 300mm F4 IS Pro Olympus 12-100mm F4.0
jeffsvisions
jeffsvisions Senior Member • Posts: 1,734
Re:to all that posted photos

To many to comment on each. All are beautiful and give me great inspiration. Thank you

-- hide signature --

The best picture is the one you take.
Jeff

jeffsvisions's gear list:jeffsvisions's gear list
Fujifilm X-S1 Fujifilm X20 +2 more
jeffsvisions
Re: Death of of Rose

Death of a Rose

Just received a x10 playing around trying to get the feel of the camera. my head is spinning with all the setting you can do with it. Just finding a place to start i'm over whelmed. ant help would be appreciated. thanks for looking

-- hide signature --

Jeff

Re: Blue Triangle

DickyAus wrote:

Last shots of my week.

Blue Triangle butterfly

Red dragonfly catching the afternoon sun.

Baby Butcher Bird.

Baby sulking.

Bottlebrush flower.

Dicky.

Hot Damn Dicky  You've Got that Trigger Finger Working Quite Nicely - Very Well Done !

Cheers from Orion   /  Shoot & Post Some More Macros  You're On a Roll. . . 

Fujifilm FinePix HS50 EXR Pentax K10D Pentax K-5 IIs Pentax Q7 Sigma 70-300mm F4-5.6 APO DG Macro +5 more

jeffsvisions wrote:

Death of a Rose

Just received a x10 playing around trying to get the feel of the camera. my head is spinning with all the setting you can do with it. Just finding a place to start i'm over whelmed. ant help would be appreciated. thanks for looking

I Don't Know Jeff This Looks Pretty Good for a Dying Rose

You Got All that EXR Stuff to Learn About - Yikes !
Just Kidding it's Really Pretty Easy - Once You Learn About the (3) Different EXR Sensor Modes and What Each is Designed to Do. . .

Check Out the Following - Fuji x10 Reference. . . http://www.fujifilm.com/products/digital_cameras/x/fujifilm_x10/features/page_02.html
It's an Easy Picture Style Understanding & Some Text Descriptions ( Can be Very Helpful Overall )

Don't Worry Too Much, Get Some Rest & Shoot a Bunch of Pics & Evaluate EACH One & Try Again 

Cheers from Orion 

Me Tarzan

Beautiful shots, Daniel.

Me Tarzan
Re: Blue Triangle

Dicky, the Butcher Bird is an amazing image.

Me Tarzan

Jeff, looks like you're off to a great start. I don't own this camera, so I'm a useless source for help. But lots of others here do.

Thanks for adding to the thread.

jeffsvisions

Thank you  and thanks for the link. i also purchased the book Photographers guide to the x10. again thank you both

-- hide signature --

Jeff

Jennnifer Forum Member • Posts: 74
Baltimore Wildlife

Always so many great pics on these threads! I particularly like the vibrant colors (e.g., jcmarfilph, MeTargzan, Lloydy), the panos (e.g., Daniel, KKjohn), and the macros (e.g., DickyAus' triangle butterfly, Jeff's flowers), in addition to ivand's lit building and the mood in Lightpath's beach pic.. Oh, and, of course, jcmi's sweet dog pic!

This afternoon I spotted 5 turkey vultures (I think) sitting on the roof of the row houses in my neighborhood. Had to run in for my camera and when I came back out they had made their way to a little patch of woods that I can see from my porch:

Jennifer

Re: Baltimore Wildlife

Jennnifer wrote:

Always so many great pics on these threads! I particularly like the vibrant colors (e.g., jcmarfilph, MeTargzan, Lloydy), the panos (e.g., Daniel, KKjohn), and the macros (e.g., DickyAus' triangle butterfly, Jeff's flowers), in addition to ivand's lit building and the mood in Lightpath's beach pic.. Oh, and, of course, jcmi's sweet dog pic!

This afternoon I spotted 5 turkey vultures (I think) sitting on the roof of the row houses in my neighborhood. Had to run in for my camera and when I came back out they had made their way to a little patch of woods that I can see from my porch:

Jennifer

Great Shot Jennifer  Good Work getting this Close as Those Guys Like to Fly Off When You Point Something at them. . .

Cheers from Orion 

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads