What Did You Shoot OR PP This Week? Week 2

Started Jan 9, 2014 | Discussions
Me Tarzan
Me Tarzan Senior Member • Posts: 1,392
What Did You Shoot OR PP This Week? Week 2

Howdy from the balmy state of Texas and welcome to week two of our sharing showdown.

You may notice this week that we're including all photo themes. I was hoping for a particular 'guy from Thai' to continue a weekly thread which would have included images outside of nature/wildlife, but I'm sure he'll join us here as time allows.

If you have b/w or specialty images, Paul [Labe] has a thread dedicated to that. Orion is covering macros and close-ups.

If you haven't posted in this ongoing thread before, here's the spill.

1. Image can be taken from any camera, any time.

2. Have lots of fun sharing and interacting with your peers. Follow DPR rules when posting.

3. If you can remember [don't freak if you didn't] change the subject to a title for the images you're posting.

I will be giving +1's this week in order not to overwhelm the thread. Also, hands hurt from typing so much lately. Yep, I'm a whimp.

Happy shooting and posting everyone. And thanks to all who post this week, be it one or many.

Me Tarzan
OP Me Tarzan Senior Member • Posts: 1,392
Parrot, Gulls

Post processed me some gulls this week. lol

Hovering Gull

Just used my Old Spice deodorant.

Lookin' for pirate booty.

Lloydy
Lloydy Forum Pro • Posts: 19,440
Frank ...

... Good to see this thread and nice pix.

One from a New Year's Eve party the 'better half' dragged me along to. My friend is in the BG making sure I got the framing right 

-- hide signature --

Cheers, Dave

Me Tarzan
Re: Frank ...

Lloydy wrote:

One from a New Year's Eve party the 'better half' dragged me along to. My friend is in the BG making sure I got the framing right

-- hide signature --

Cheers, Dave

That's a beautiful shot, Dave. Those bows made me smile. Good to see people happy, isn't it?

Orion12 Senior Member • Posts: 2,014
What Did You Shoot OR PP This Week? EXR D-Range Priority / DR Experiment. . .

Photos from the DarkSide of Sunset. . .

Original SOOC Jpeg (Except for Reduction for Web). . . In-Camera DR=1600

9x16 Crop + Reduce for Web + FastStone Image Viewer Contrast Tweaks + Mild Shrapen & Noise Reduction

LightZone / Color Softening - Noise Reduction PP

Shooting EAST at SunDown. . .

I had been wanting a Gradiated Color Spectrum for testing with the EXR (D-Range Priority) DR=1600 Setting. . .

The Following Shot is at DR=800 a few minutes later. . .

SOOC Jpeg ( Except Reduce for Web ). . . Dialed EXR : D-Range Priority / DR=800

PP Jpeg / LightZone ( Color Selective Blurring ) + Mild Mid-Tones Sharpening

Well There's That Experiment Gone Wild. . .

Tech Note : The Shadow Areas Exposure & Metering was Not Identical for These (2) Shots so It's Hard to Evaluate the ( Light / Dark Ratios for Comparison between 1600 & 800 ) The Only Difference that Popped Out at Me is the Courser Gain in the DR=1600 Pics - Otherwise they Appear Very Similar. . . What's YOUR Take ?

Cheers from Orion 

Orion12's gear list:Orion12's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix HS50 EXR Pentax K10D Pentax K-5 IIs Pentax Q7 Sigma 70-300mm F4-5.6 APO DG Macro +5 more
Me Tarzan
Re: What Did You Shoot OR PP This Week? EXR D-Range Priority / DR Experiment. . .

Beautiful results, Orion and lots of great tips too by providing different takes on images.

Bassy Veteran Member • Posts: 8,909
Re: What Did You Shoot OR PP This Week? EXR D-Range Priority / DR Experiment. . .

very first day shots from my new camera    Cormorant   on steps   these are sooc

Me Tarzan wrote:

Beautiful results, Orion and lots of great tips too by providing different takes on images.

-- hide signature --

Many Thanks Frank. . .

Sometimes I feel like I'm Shooting in a Vacuum so Your FeedBack Helps. . .

btw : Your Soaring SeaGull & Parrot are Awesome / Say Hi to Bucko !

Side Line on Parrots - Years ago, Bought a Car in the Florida Everglades from a cousin of Sylvester Stallones. . .
He was Upset with Bucko & Gave my Girlfriends Daughter his Parrot. ( Looks Just Like Yours ). . . Turned Out He Went Psycho after Two Days of Remorse so We Gave his Parrot Back. Little Marie Still has Sylvesters Private Cell Phone Number from that Transaction. . . More Life in the Fast Lane. . .

Back to the Never Ending Photo Experiment. . . 

Cheers from Orion 

Fujifilm FinePix HS50 EXR Pentax K10D Pentax K-5 IIs Pentax Q7 Sigma 70-300mm F4-5.6 APO DG Macro +5 more

Hi Bassy, 

Great Shots. . . Looks Like You're Having Fun with Your New Sony. . .

Cheers from Orion 

Bassy Veteran Member • Posts: 8,909

yes   no new fuji x-s2 so i am giving the sony rx10 a go for a while like i said first day and i still have to fine tune to my  liking ,so todays sitting targets are easy prey i guess..i still have a sony r1

and a canon sx50  plus a few more lol. these are all jpegs sooc  next time out i am going to shoot in raw and jpeg,, regards to you bassy

so here are a few more from looe in cornwall uk

taken today in between the rain showers

Me Tarzan

Bassy wrote:

very first day shots from my new camera Cormorant on steps these are sooc

Ha ha, that birdy's a cute little bugger. Nice series, Bassy.

altima1 Junior Member • Posts: 45
Re: What Did You Shoot OR PP This Week? Week 2

just a few shots of this weeks calm after this past weekends snowstorm and sub zero temps here from my lower Michigan yard. nothing much to shoot at that moves in this weather except for our little shzitsu.

altima1's gear list:altima1's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix S5000 Zoom Fujifilm X-S1
Lloydy
Lloydy Forum Pro • Posts: 19,440
Frank ...

Me Tarzan wrote:

Lloydy wrote:

-- hide signature --

Cheers, Dave

That's a beautiful shot, Dave. Those bows made me smile. Good to see people happy, isn't it?

... Always good to see happy folk 

-- hide signature --

Cheers, Dave

Me Tarzan

altima1 wrote:

just a few shots of this weeks calm after this past weekends snowstorm and sub zero temps here from my lower Michigan yard. nothing much to shoot at that moves in this weather except for our little shzitsu.

Wow, lots of snow. Beautiful pictures. Looks cold. Brrr.

(unknown member) Veteran Member • Posts: 5,400
40 Below Zero (Fahrenheit) Windchill

This shot from our Lake Michigan Harbor. Incredibly cold. Sea Smoke makes this photo for me. Conversion to B&W + red filter and slight brown toning in Aperture.

Rockin Shots Altima1 ! Thanks for Sharing. . .

Cheers from Orion 

By the way, i have been meaning to ask you about the exr modes on the hs50 that you use and the xs-1 that i am currently using. i saw in other threads that you seem to like the exr s/n mode. in your opinion do you think there is much or any difference between shooting exr s/n mode or shooting in exr hr mode while using m for print size?

Re: 40 Below Zero (Fahrenheit) Windchill

great shot! cold and mysterious. do you live on or right near the lake?

Me Tarzan
Re: 40 Below Zero (Fahrenheit) Windchill

Lightpath48 wrote:

This shot from our Lake Michigan Harbor. Incredibly cold. Sea Smoke makes this photo for me. Conversion to B&W + red filter and slight brown toning in Aperture.

Beautiful shot!

A Long Forgotten Introspection Shot. . .

Know What Elements went into this Shot ?

Cheers from Orion 

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads