*** This Week Through YOUR m4/3 2014.01.04 ***

Started Jan 4, 2014 | Discussions
Jim Salvas
Jim Salvas Veteran Member • Posts: 5,539
Re: *** This Week Through YOUR m4/3 2014.01.04 ***

Wormsmeat wrote:

Welcome aboard. Poignant 1st shot. Stylish 2nd.

Thanks. I think this 4/3 stuff is going to be fun.

-- hide signature --

Jim Salvas

Jim Salvas's gear list:Jim Salvas's gear list
Olympus PEN E-PM2 Olympus E-M1 Olympus PEN-F Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 14-42mm 1:3.5-5.6 II R Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 R +11 more
kirthgersen25 Junior Member • Posts: 44
Living Scene of Nativity in Tricase (LE), Apulia, Italy.

In the south Italy, between Christmas and Epiphany, it's a tradition on the various towns to do a Living Scene of Nativity. I went to the town of Tricase not only because it's close to my home, but also because it's one of the oldest in the South Italy. Here some photos that i will share with you!!!

P.S. It was almost difficult to shoot because the place was completely dark, there was only colorfully low lights and were a bit crampled. I did have only 25mm to do these shoots.

If i have to buy another lens to do that type of work what will you want me to buy? A panasonic Leica 14mm f/2.5 or the Samyang (Rokinon) 7.5mm f/3.5 ? Thank you!

kirthgersen25's gear list:kirthgersen25's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Panasonic Leica D Summilux Asph 25mm F1.4 Panasonic Lumix G 14mm F2.5 ASPH
sinkas Senior Member • Posts: 1,423
Re: Living Scene of Nativity in Tricase (LE), Apulia, Italy.

I really enjoyed your photos, however 53 may be a few too many!

-- hide signature --

Regards Daryl

sinkas's gear list:sinkas's gear list
Nikon D810 Nikon D7200 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II Nikon AF-S Teleconverter TC-14E II Sigma 50mm F1.4 EX DG HSM +4 more
kirthgersen25 Junior Member • Posts: 44

sinkas wrote:

I really enjoyed your photos, however 53 may be a few too many!

True, I know! But it's Christmas after all, And i also wanted to share the emotions. From tomorrow the beautiful air of Christmas will end and then i will post only 1 or two from now on.

kirthgersen25's gear list:kirthgersen25's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Panasonic Leica D Summilux Asph 25mm F1.4 Panasonic Lumix G 14mm F2.5 ASPH
yyr
yyr Veteran Member • Posts: 9,856
Re: More holiday pics

Thanks Yaelle, I really appreciate your response. I thought I would be cheeky and ask as I am very much in the learning stage of PP and I was wondering about purchasing the Nik collection.

No problem. I ofen wish I could see the 'before' picture but people seem reluctant. I think it would help the learning process a lot.

-- hide signature --

Yaelle

yyr's gear list:yyr's gear list
Leica CL
Wormsmeat
OP Wormsmeat Forum Pro • Posts: 16,509
Re: *** This Week Through YOUR m4/3 2014.01.04 ***

chrisjjb wrote:

The hidden cost is the inevitable pc upgrade. My laptop takes an age to do the editing in LR

Chris

Yup - just been there. Can never resist an expensive graphics card even though I rarely play games.

Wormsmeat's gear list:Wormsmeat's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM5 Olympus PEN-F Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm F1.8 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 12mm 1:2 Samyang 7.5mm F3.5 UMC Fisheye MFT +5 more
19andrew47
19andrew47 Forum Pro • Posts: 30,456
Re: Frigid Central Park

Very nice images.

Andrew

19andrew47
Re: More holiday pics

Another nice set.  Like the first two, they have the same colouration as others you have shown from your trip.  Must be a locale thing.

Andrew

Hen3ry
Hen3ry Forum Pro • Posts: 18,218
Re: A day at the Werribee zoo with the Panny G6

yyr wrote:

Hen3ry wrote:

yyr wrote:

As I recall in Melbourne we always used to say 'if you don't like the weather just wait, it's bound to change in 5 minutes'. Good to know that some things don't change even after 35 years away

The giraffes are great.

Stay away, stay away!

I'm not likely to go back!! The only thing I miss is the footy

And if you've got a fast internet connection, you can even get that!

Actually, I don't miss the footy, although I have to confess to an afternoon of nostalgic madness with half-a-dozen others watching the grand final on the big screen in the Kavieng Club.

Cheers, geoff

-- hide signature --

Geoffrey Heard
Down and out in Rabaul in the South Pacific
http://pngtimetraveller.blogspot.com/2011/10/return-to-karai-komana_31.html

Hen3ry's gear list:Hen3ry's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Panasonic G85 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm F4.0-5.6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm F1.8 Panasonic Lumix G X Vario PZ 45-175mm F4.0-5.6 ASPH OIS +7 more
19andrew47
Re: Orion, new moon.

Like the new moon.

Andrew

19andrew47
Re: My holiday in review

A nice set of which I like the snow and rocks a lot.

Andrew

19andrew47
Re: winter odds & ends with em1 & assorted lenses

A nice set.  Like the subtle colouration of the first.

Andrew

19andrew47
Re: A Few from Germany and Holland

A nice and varied set.

Andrew

Hen3ry
Re: A day at the Werribee zoo with the Panny G6

sinkas wrote:

yyr wrote:

Hen3ry wrote:

yyr wrote:

As I recall in Melbourne we always used to say 'if you don't like the weather just wait, it's bound to change in 5 minutes'. Good to know that some things don't change even after 35 years away

The giraffes are great.

Stay away, stay away!

I'm not likely to go back!! The only thing I miss is the footy.

Go easy guys, you will give us a bad name in Vic. We are having an unusually cold summer here at the moment but we had a 42C just before xmas which our northern hemisphere friends can only dream about at the moment!

For ONE DAY, Dazza, then it was back to about 22 the next day!!! They called it a "heat wave". When I was a kid, head waves were periods when we had 100+F for days on end!!!

Well, I'm escaping back to Rabaul in a couple of weeks!

In case anyone is wondering, it is 20C max today, with blustery cold winds and icy showers. I know exactly how icy -- I got caught in one on the way back from the dentist. And his news was bad enough without the weather conspiring with him!

Cheers, geoff

-- hide signature --

Geoffrey Heard

Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Panasonic G85 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm F4.0-5.6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm F1.8 Panasonic Lumix G X Vario PZ 45-175mm F4.0-5.6 ASPH OIS +7 more
19andrew47
Re: Last of 2013

Great light in this one.

Andrew

RealPancho
RealPancho Senior Member • Posts: 1,313
Love all of these (nt)
-- hide signature --

Frank

RealPancho's gear list:RealPancho's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-TS3 Olympus E-M1 Olympus E-M5 II Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm F4.0-5.6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 R +6 more
19andrew47
Re: Let it snow!

Both nice shots.

Andrew

Hen3ry

kirthgersen25 wrote:

In the south Italy, between Christmas and Epiphany, it's a tradition on the various towns to do a Living Scene of Nativity. I went to the town of Tricase not only because it's close to my home, but also because it's one of the oldest in the South Italy. Here some photos that i will share with you!!!

P.S. It was almost difficult to shoot because the place was completely dark, there was only colorfully low lights and were a bit crampled. I did have only 25mm to do these shoots.

Terrific series!

If i have to buy another lens to do that type of work what will you want me to buy? A panasonic Leica 14mm f/2.5 or the Samyang (Rokinon) 7.5mm f/3.5 ? Thank you!

I thought you did very well with the 25. The Panny f2.5 14 is an excellent lens for this kind of work too, if you want a wider angle of view. Perhaps the olympus f2 12mm is another to consider.

With a wider angle lens, I would try to have a few shots showing spectators looking at the scene -- holdng the camera above your head so you look over their shoulders to draw viewers into the pictures.

The other question is always how much of the colored lighting should you preserve in such pictures. I find the colors are a bit obtrusive in some of these shots -- I would try (probably unsuccessfully!) to tone them down a bit. Don’t ask me how! I am not good at that stuff. Or rather, you might try automatic white balance in a post-processing program such as PhotoLine (the app I use - it only costs about $100), Photoshop, etc. That might do the trick.

Cheers, geoff

-- hide signature --

Geoffrey Heard

19andrew47
35 Ford Pickup Street Rod

Taken last Feb, but finally processed this week.  Two processed colour versions and the original converted to jpg.  Taken with the 12 - 50 mm

Andrew

Bob Tullis
Bob Tullis Forum Pro • Posts: 36,131
Haven't been to the Zoo in years

We intended to go to the Botanical Garden's Railroad show, but it was swamped. Besides, the Bronx Zoo is where we fell in love about 40 years ago. It was the same type of day, too.

Nokton 42.5

Lumix 35-100 :  "Is that. . . really. . . them?   Geez. . . time hasn't been kind at all. . . "

-- hide signature --

...Bob, NYC
http://www.bobtullis.com
http://www.flickr.com/photos/bobtullis/
"Well, sometimes the magic works. . . Sometimes, it doesn't." - Chief Dan George, Little Big Man

Bob Tullis's gear list:Bob Tullis's gear list
Fujifilm X-Pro2 Fujifilm X-H1 Fujifilm X100F Fujifilm X-T2
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads