Downloading Photoshop CC to aMac and PC

Started Jan 1, 2014 | Discussions
Buzzzman Veteran Member • Posts: 3,775
Downloading Photoshop CC to aMac and PC

I have Photoshop CC on my Mac mini, and can't figure out how download a copy to my pc laptop. I have been to the Adobe site several times with no luck…

Buzz

Howard Moftich Veteran Member • Posts: 8,697
Re: Downloading Photoshop CC to aMac and PC

are you sure you're 'allowed' to do that w/ CC ???

Historically, licenses for PS were segregated between Mac and PC so if you owned Mac PS, that didn't give you the right/license to have a PC copy

OP Buzzzman Veteran Member • Posts: 3,775
Howard M.

Yes, it is allowed….

StephenL Senior Member • Posts: 1,148

Assuming you're subscribed to a Creative Cloud program, then you are allowed to have two iterations of each application, and they can be on both platforms.  Simply login to your Creative Cloud account from the second machine, which will install the CC control panel. Then install PS through that. At least, that's the way I did it after speaking to Adobe, and before I went totally Mac.

-- hide signature --

www.flickr.com/photos/argyllphotos

StephenL's gear list:StephenL's gear list
Sony RX100 III Fujifilm X100F Olympus E-1 Fujifilm X-Pro2 Fujifilm X-T2 +4 more
Re: Howard M.

so what happens when you login to My Adobe at adobe.com and you see taht you have a subscription to Photography and click on 'Manage'?  Does it not bring you to a page where you can download PS (actually, it downloads the CC sync manager)?

StephenL Senior Member • Posts: 1,148
Re: Howard M.

Howard Moftich wrote:

so what happens when you login to My Adobe at adobe.com and you see taht you have a subscription to Photography and click on 'Manage'? Does it not bring you to a page where you can download PS (actually, it downloads the CC sync manager)

Exactly. Then, from the CC Manager, you install your product(s).

-- hide signature --

www.flickr.com/photos/argyllphotos

StephenL's gear list:StephenL's gear list
Sony RX100 III Fujifilm X100F Olympus E-1 Fujifilm X-Pro2 Fujifilm X-T2 +4 more
OP Buzzzman Veteran Member • Posts: 3,775
Downloading

I failed to see  the manage  link.. Thanks everyone…

Buzz

Re: Downloading

Glad it was an easy fix

graybalanced Veteran Member • Posts: 6,060

StephenL wrote:

Assuming you're subscribed to a Creative Cloud program, then you are allowed to have two iterations of each application, and they can be on both platforms.

And this actually makes those licensing terms more flexible than they were with the CS6 and previous licenses, because the perpetual licenses only let you activate two computers on the same platform. CC lets you activate two computers on a Mac or PC.

I've played around with it a bit. You can install the CC apps on as many machines as you like, and you can attempt to activate them on machine after machine. After two machines are activated, it will start asking you if it can deactivate older installations and then you can continue. It's pretty flexible and doesn't stop you from getting work done.

good to hear that the CC program has some additional 'smarts' WRT licensing and usage.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads