Zeiss otus in stock anywhere?

Started Dec 30, 2013 | Discussions
johncecilian Contributing Member • Posts: 698
Zeiss otus in stock anywhere?

I am sure that this question has limited interest given the price of the lens, but I wondered if anyone knows when this lens will be in stock, the normal places of Adorama and B and H never seem to have it, and if you search on Amazon, the lens doesn't even come up at all, whether in stock or not. So I thought I would ask those who have bought it, or know, where it can be found. Thanks for the help.

johncecilian's gear list:johncecilian's gear list
Fujifilm X-E3 Fujifilm X-H1 Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R Carl Zeiss Touit 1.8/32 Fujifilm XF 80mm F2.8 Macro
jaypike Regular Member • Posts: 167
Re: Zeiss otus in stock anywhere?

Given how rare of an element this is, it appears that not that many of the Zeiss dealers are even looking to order it outside of anything other than a special order.

Seems like it is going to be a while before anyone actually shows this as an in-stock item.

My suggestion is to place an order through someone like Adorama that doesn't charge your card 'till they actually are ready to ship it to you.

I would love to know the manufacturing numbers on this line... I'm starting my guessing at 10 a week.

-- hide signature --
 jaypike's gear list:jaypike's gear list
Nikon D4S
(unknown member) Veteran Member • Posts: 3,348

At that price, a call to the factory ought to see one personally hand delivered by private jet.

jaypike Regular Member • Posts: 167

MPA1 wrote:

At that price, a call to the factory ought to see one personally hand delivered by private jet.

Just wait 'till the 85/1.4 Otus hits the streets... I'm sure it's price will make the 55 look as affordable as a Holga...

-- hide signature --
 jaypike's gear list:jaypike's gear list
Nikon D4S
t.c. marino Contributing Member • Posts: 671

jaypike wrote:

MPA1 wrote:

Just wait 'till the 85/1.4 Otus hits the streets... I'm sure it's price will make the 55 look as affordable as a Holga...

it is outrageously expensive...but it is optically unsurpassed,incredible lens

-- hide signature --

nikonshooter

benjaminblack
benjaminblack Contributing Member • Posts: 589

I'm pretty ignorant about this lens. I know it's MF, but is it available for canon, Olympus, etc? If you buy the Nikon version, can you get adapters if you switch systems? Does it AF on anything, like the A7R?

benjaminblack's gear list:benjaminblack's gear list
Nikon D4 Nikon D810 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II Nikon AF-S Micro-Nikkor 105mm f/2.8G IF-ED VR +5 more
Johnny Liu
Johnny Liu Forum Member • Posts: 61

benjaminblack wrote:

I'm pretty ignorant about this lens. I know it's MF, but is it available for canon, Olympus, etc? If you buy the Nikon version, can you get adapters if you switch systems? Does it AF on anything, like the A7R?

Available on in canon and nikon mount, but adapters can be used. No af though on anything.

-- hide signature --

Johnny Liu
www.facebook.com/JOHNNYLIUPHOTOGRAPHY

Johnny Liu's gear list:Johnny Liu's gear list
Nikon D700 Nikon D7000 Nikon AF-S Micro-Nikkor 60mm f/2.8G ED Tokina AT-X 16-28mm f/2.8 Pro FX Nikon 85mm F1.8G +2 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads