My first wedding shoot - D800

Started Dec 25, 2013 | Discussions
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
CeleryBeats
CeleryBeats Contributing Member • Posts: 793
My first wedding shoot - D800
30

First of all i would like to wish everyone a merry christmas and a happy newyear!

As a present for you i hearby expose some results of the very first wedding i shot in my life not such a long time ago!  You are welcome to give your critique and opinions. It wasn't that easy i have to say and i found myself a bit nervous at the beginning but from the moment i started shooting those nerves changed into joy and excitement.

The D800 didn't dissapoint either and was a good reliable tool all the way.

 CeleryBeats's gear list:CeleryBeats's gear list
Sony RX100 Nikon Df Fujifilm X100S Pentax K-5 Nikon D800 +3 more
Nikon D800
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
(unknown member) Veteran Member • Posts: 4,624
Re: My first wedding shoot - D800

I am not qualified to judge wedding photos, but, I think you have done a great job of capturing the joy and excitement of the couple.

Images are strongly romantic and warm.

I like them.

I admire you people who shoot weddings. You have got nerve.

From photos I do sometimes for work, people asked if I am going to do weddings and I say (honestly) that I do not have the expertise yet, don't have the equipment (no way I am going in *half loaded*) and would have to shoot as assistant to someone else for a year or two first before going my own.

It is a big commitment capturing that one moment and good on you photographers who do.

That said, I have seen within the past 6 months, a little of work done by those who do it, and while some is great (like yours), some I have wondered (for example) how a pro could have blown highlights in the dress  (I mean really blown) etc. ...when it did not *look* like it was deliberately romantic or artsy.

Hence, why I say, no way I would now try it without KNOWING what I am doing.

Cheers.

-- hide signature --

Amateur photographer. Enjoy.....believe in yourself..

 Bajerunner's gear list:Bajerunner's gear list
Nikon D300 Nikon AF-Nikkor 80-200mm f/2.8D ED +8 more
philharris
philharris Contributing Member • Posts: 520
Re: My first wedding shoot - D800

Great images that have a lovely sense of fun and affection.

 philharris's gear list:philharris's gear list
Sony RX100 Leica Q Nikon D7100 Nikon Df Nikon D810 +26 more
InTheMist
InTheMist Senior Member • Posts: 3,078
Re: My first wedding shoot - D800

Beautiful images!

-- hide signature --

It's more important how an image looks as a thumbnail than how it looks at 100%.
http://inthemistphoto.com

 InTheMist's gear list:InTheMist's gear list
Leica M Monochrom (Typ 246) Leica M-Monochrom Nikon 1 AW1 Nikon Df Nikon D810 +18 more
peterclark55 Senior Member • Posts: 2,379
Re: My first wedding shoot - D800

Great expressive shots, they seem to be happy together and what else matters, Peter

RaajS Veteran Member • Posts: 5,824
Re: My first wedding shoot - D800

Bajerunner wrote:

I am not qualified to judge wedding photos, but, I think you have done a great job of capturing the joy and excitement of the couple.

Images are strongly romantic and warm.

I like them.

I admire you people who shoot weddings. You have got nerve.

From photos I do sometimes for work, people asked if I am going to do weddings and I say (honestly) that I do not have the expertise yet, don't have the equipment (no way I am going in *half loaded*) and would have to shoot as assistant to someone else for a year or two first before going my own.

It is a big commitment capturing that one moment and good on you photographers who do.

That said, I have seen within the past 6 months, a little of work done by those who do it, and while some is great (like yours), some I have wondered (for example) how a pro could have blown highlights in the dress (I mean really blown) etc. ...when it did not *look* like it was deliberately romantic or artsy.

Hence, why I say, no way I would now try it without KNOWING what I am doing.

Cheers.

-- hide signature --

Amateur photographer. Enjoy.....believe in yourself..

+2!

Great images that capture their happiness and excitement.  Very nicely done.

Cheers,

-raaj

-- hide signature --

'Change is not Mandatory, you don't have to Survive...'
SeekingLight.net

Rolf_52 Regular Member • Posts: 377
Re: My first wedding shoot - D800

Lovely images ….best wishes for the couple and your future wedding shoots

Rolf

 Rolf_52's gear list:Rolf_52's gear list
Nikon Df Fujifilm X-T1 Nikon D810
Humanoid
Humanoid Veteran Member • Posts: 4,642
Re: My first wedding shoot - D800
2

Merry Christmas to you as well!

Lovely images with great expression, but they aren't saying wedding to me?  It is early here on the west coast and i'm  still half asleep so I may be missing something.

Ray

 Humanoid's gear list:Humanoid's gear list
Nikon D2X Nikon D3 Nikon D200 Nikon D300 Nikon D700 +8 more
HobbiesAreFun
HobbiesAreFun Senior Member • Posts: 2,457
Re: My first wedding shoot - D800
1

Lots of variance... I'm not too sure about the selenium-tone one, in terms of color, but I love the set, great job. Glad to see you wouldn't mind taking photos of two women together, I know many photographers who sadly would care all to much. Merry Christmas!

-- hide signature --

-Eric (18 years old with tons of things I can't wait to learn)
http://eswenson.smugmug.com

 HobbiesAreFun's gear list:HobbiesAreFun's gear list
Nikon D800E Nikon AF-S Nikkor 28-70mm f/2.8 ED-IF Sigma 50-500mm F4.5-6.3 DG OS HSM Nikon AF-Nikkor 80-200mm f/2.8D ED Samyang 14mm F2.8 IF ED MC Aspherical +3 more
low3llSD Regular Member • Posts: 263
Re: My first wedding shoot - D800
1

Wow. Excellent work. These images are engaging and they look so natural posing for you meaning you did your job we'll and I'm sure they enjoyed you capturing their special moment.

As a straight guy, these photos were damn hot. Thanks for sharing.

 low3llSD's gear list:low3llSD's gear list
Nikon Df Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 200mm f/2G ED-IF VR +4 more
brick33308
brick33308 Veteran Member • Posts: 4,433
Re: My first wedding shoot - D800
1

That's your first wedding??! Outstanding, so much better than the usual wedding fare. keep doing weddings, clearly that style of shooting is a strong suit for you!

CeleryBeats
CeleryBeats OP Contributing Member • Posts: 793
Re: My first wedding shoot - D800
1

Thanks for the comment. It is much appriciated!

I also have alot of respect for those who do it on a more regular basis. Let's see how regular my basis will become!

 CeleryBeats's gear list:CeleryBeats's gear list
Sony RX100 Nikon Df Fujifilm X100S Pentax K-5 Nikon D800 +3 more
GHP New Member • Posts: 5
Re: My first wedding shoot - D800
2

Firstly, well done on your first wedding.You have done a great job in capturing the joy and the love between the couple, which is the biggest and most important part of a wedding photographer's mission.

Photographically, I think there is a bit of inconsistancy in the processing style of the images.

They are all great images, but as a photographer I think it's important to have your own style with regard to the way your images look. I know, this will come over time, and eventually it will evolve into your "trademark" style, which means your images will become unique to you, and will make you stand out from the crowd.

This is not said to take anything away from what you did, but said in a friendly way which hopefully will give you something to help you grow.

Going from these images, you certainly have the "eye" for it, and I wish you all the success in the future.

Cheers,

Gary.

CeleryBeats
CeleryBeats OP Contributing Member • Posts: 793
Re: My first wedding shoot - D800

RaajS wrote:

Bajerunner wrote:

I am not qualified to judge wedding photos, but, I think you have done a great job of capturing the joy and excitement of the couple.

Images are strongly romantic and warm.

I like them.

I admire you people who shoot weddings. You have got nerve.

From photos I do sometimes for work, people asked if I am going to do weddings and I say (honestly) that I do not have the expertise yet, don't have the equipment (no way I am going in *half loaded*) and would have to shoot as assistant to someone else for a year or two first before going my own.

It is a big commitment capturing that one moment and good on you photographers who do.

That said, I have seen within the past 6 months, a little of work done by those who do it, and while some is great (like yours), some I have wondered (for example) how a pro could have blown highlights in the dress (I mean really blown) etc. ...when it did not *look* like it was deliberately romantic or artsy.

Hence, why I say, no way I would now try it without KNOWING what I am doing.

Cheers.

-- hide signature --

Amateur photographer. Enjoy.....believe in yourself..

+2!

Great images that capture their happiness and excitement. Very nicely done.

Cheers,

-raaj

-- hide signature --

'Change is not Mandatory, you don't have to Survive...'

SeekingLight.net

Cheers!

 CeleryBeats's gear list:CeleryBeats's gear list
Sony RX100 Nikon Df Fujifilm X100S Pentax K-5 Nikon D800 +3 more
CeleryBeats
CeleryBeats OP Contributing Member • Posts: 793
Re: My first wedding shoot - D800
 CeleryBeats's gear list:CeleryBeats's gear list
Sony RX100 Nikon Df Fujifilm X100S Pentax K-5 Nikon D800 +3 more
CeleryBeats
CeleryBeats OP Contributing Member • Posts: 793
Re: My first wedding shoot - D800
 CeleryBeats's gear list:CeleryBeats's gear list
Sony RX100 Nikon Df Fujifilm X100S Pentax K-5 Nikon D800 +3 more
CeleryBeats
CeleryBeats OP Contributing Member • Posts: 793
Re: My first wedding shoot - D800

peterclark55 wrote:

Great expressive shots, they seem to be happy together and what else matters, Peter

They are! Thanks!

 CeleryBeats's gear list:CeleryBeats's gear list
Sony RX100 Nikon Df Fujifilm X100S Pentax K-5 Nikon D800 +3 more
CeleryBeats
CeleryBeats OP Contributing Member • Posts: 793
Re: My first wedding shoot - D800

Rolf_52 wrote:

Lovely images ….best wishes for the couple and your future wedding shoots

Rolf

Cheers! Much appreciated!

 CeleryBeats's gear list:CeleryBeats's gear list
Sony RX100 Nikon Df Fujifilm X100S Pentax K-5 Nikon D800 +3 more
CeleryBeats
CeleryBeats OP Contributing Member • Posts: 793
Re: My first wedding shoot - D800

Humanoid wrote:

Merry Christmas to you as well!

Lovely images with great expression, but they aren't saying wedding to me? It is early here on the west coast and i'm still half asleep so I may be missing something.

Ray

Dunno! Less obvious without the big white dress and the regular groom i guess

thanks!

 CeleryBeats's gear list:CeleryBeats's gear list
Sony RX100 Nikon Df Fujifilm X100S Pentax K-5 Nikon D800 +3 more
CeleryBeats
CeleryBeats OP Contributing Member • Posts: 793
Re: My first wedding shoot - D800

HobbiesAreFun wrote:

Lots of variance... I'm not too sure about the selenium-tone one, in terms of color, but I love the set, great job. Glad to see you wouldn't mind taking photos of two women together, I know many photographers who sadly would care all to much. Merry Christmas!

-- hide signature --

-Eric (18 years old with tons of things I can't wait to learn)
http://eswenson.smugmug.com

Cheers! Don't see why people would have a problem with it. Guess not everybody is open minded enough! :/

 CeleryBeats's gear list:CeleryBeats's gear list
Sony RX100 Nikon Df Fujifilm X100S Pentax K-5 Nikon D800 +3 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads