All Aboard! (X100S)

Started Dec 22, 2013 | Discussions
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
BrianKraft Regular Member • Posts: 224
All Aboard! (X100S)
15

Howdy folks!

It's been a bit since I've posted here. I've been lurking here and there as time allows, but I've been busy with my wedding season and so personal photography has been a bit lacking. Now that we're into the holidays, my wife "forced" us to take a 2 day trip. I don't mind some great travel, of course, but it's hard when I'm still pretty busy around the holidays. Anyway... I took my X100S along on a train trip through part of Colorado, between Denver and Glenwood Springs. We've never ridden the train, so just the getting there and back was as much an adventure as being there!

Some of you may enjoy, so feel free to take a peek at our fun little adventure. All aboard!

http://www.briankraft.com/Blog/personal/colorado-travel-photography-x100s/

Happy holidays, all!

-Brian

Fujifilm X100S
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Birse Boy Regular Member • Posts: 357
Re: All Aboard! (X100S)

excellent stuff Brian, I feel like I shared the trip with you....very nice.

Vernon Church Regular Member • Posts: 306
Re: All Aboard! (X100S)

Wow, great work. Lovely.

-- hide signature --

-Vernon

 Vernon Church's gear list:Vernon Church's gear list
Fujifilm X-Pro2 Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 18mm F2 R Fujifilm XF 35mm F2 R WR Fujifilm XF 23mm F2 R WR
Limburger
Limburger Senior Member • Posts: 7,538
Re: All Aboard! (X100S)

Great stuff.

You must have enjoyed that with your family.

-- hide signature --

Cheers Mike

 Limburger's gear list:Limburger's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Sony Alpha 7 Canon EOS 7D Canon EF-S 15-85mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM Canon EF 70-200mm f/4.0L USM +3 more
southpaw74
southpaw74 Regular Member • Posts: 475
Re: All Aboard! (X100S)

Wow great shots

but damn you lol, I have a x-pro1 35mm but still lust for a x100s, now your rubbing it in even more hahaha.

Joachim Gerstl
Joachim Gerstl Veteran Member • Posts: 7,166
Re: All Aboard! (X100S)

Wow! Great images and very nice pp. VSCO? Which film?

-- hide signature --
 Joachim Gerstl's gear list:Joachim Gerstl's gear list
Ricoh GR Canon PowerShot G7 X Fujifilm X-T1 Sony a6000 Fujifilm X-Pro2 +12 more
BrianKraft OP Regular Member • Posts: 224
Re: All Aboard! (X100S)

Joachim Gerstl wrote:

Wow! Great images and very nice pp. VSCO? Which film?

-- hide signature --

Thanks to all for the nice comments.

It's not VSCO. I just manually edit them in Lightroom.

WT Jones Senior Member • Posts: 2,495
Re: All Aboard! (X100S)

Nice Vacation Brian,

I really liked the night hot spring pics & the old man with the 'Blad'

-- hide signature --

Warren

klauspauk Contributing Member • Posts: 656
Re: All Aboard! (X100S)

BrianKraft wrote:

Howdy folks!

It's been a bit since I've posted here. I've been lurking here and there as time allows, but I've been busy with my wedding season and so personal photography has been a bit lacking. Now that we're into the holidays, my wife "forced" us to take a 2 day trip. I don't mind some great travel, of course, but it's hard when I'm still pretty busy around the holidays. Anyway... I took my X100S along on a train trip through part of Colorado, between Denver and Glenwood Springs. We've never ridden the train, so just the getting there and back was as much an adventure as being there!

Some of you may enjoy, so feel free to take a peek at our fun little adventure. All aboard!

http://www.briankraft.com/Blog/personal/colorado-travel-photography-x100s/

Happy holidays, all!

-Brian

Yo are a maniac with a camera. Lively and beautiful pictures! It almost feels as if the viewer is on the trip together with you.

 klauspauk's gear list:klauspauk's gear list
Nikon Coolpix A Fujifilm X-T1 Carl Zeiss Touit 1.8/32 Carl Zeiss Touit 2.8/12 Fujifilm XF 60mm F2.4 R Macro
ThachLy Regular Member • Posts: 263
I m inspired.

Hi Brian,

Absolutely awesome. Love the order of the pics. They tell the story well. Wow i m inspired again! Love how you played with near and distant subjects like the pic with distant mountain thru glass window on one half and light glowing inside window the other half.

Just one question. What film or PP settings did you use to get that consistent lovely brownish tint to all your photos?

ThachLy

 ThachLy's gear list:ThachLy's gear list
Fujifilm XF 60mm F2.4 R Macro Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX3 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Fujifilm X-T1 Fujifilm X-A1 +7 more
Luego
Luego Senior Member • Posts: 1,179
Wow!!!

Brian,

Your compositions and PP is magical!

Now you reminded me to sign up for an LR course in 2014...;-)

Thanks for sharing your journey.

Merry Christmas!

Luego

 Luego's gear list:Luego's gear list
Fujifilm X100S Fujifilm X10 Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZR1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF3 Panasonic Lumix G X Vario PZ 14-42mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS +1 more
Wakefan Regular Member • Posts: 106
Re: All Aboard! (X100S)

Those look great! Definitely tells a story. I especially like the way you took the shot of the stairs.

 Wakefan's gear list:Wakefan's gear list
Fujifilm X100S Sony SLT-A55 Olympus E-420 Tamron SP 70-300mm F/4-5.6 Di USD Tamron SP AF 17-50mm F/2.8 XR Di II LD Aspherical (IF) +16 more
Lyle From Canada Senior Member • Posts: 1,512
Re: All Aboard! (X100S)

my x100s must be defective, as it doesnt take photos anywhere near as good as these .......................

-- hide signature --

Fuji x-pro1 with 14, 23, 27,35, 60, 55-200, fuji x100s and WA adapter, fuji x10

Jim Cook Regular Member • Posts: 221
Re: All Aboard! (X100S)

Thanks for taking me on your trip! Beautiful shots. I used to work for Amtrak on the east coast and have never been in the hi-rise cars as they won't fit under the overpasses in the eastern US. Didn't see any dining car pictures??

 Jim Cook's gear list:Jim Cook's gear list
Canon PowerShot SD790 IS Canon PowerShot G11 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-H5 Fujifilm X100S Fujifilm X100T +9 more
BrianKraft OP Regular Member • Posts: 224
Re: All Aboard! (X100S)

Jim Cook wrote:

Thanks for taking me on your trip! Beautiful shots. I used to work for Amtrak on the east coast and have never been in the hi-rise cars as they won't fit under the overpasses in the eastern US. Didn't see any dining car pictures??

I spent a little time in the dining car, but not very much. I only took a couple of photos while there, but only one made the cut (the one towards the end--of me as a shadowed reflection). It was very nice, but I mainly stayed with my wife and daughter near our seats, as we were camped out with all our stuff.

BobsYourUncle MOD Veteran Member • Posts: 5,017
Re: All Aboard! (X100S)

Nice to see a post dedicated to the art and skill of the photographic eye.  Even more special it is done with a Fuji.

Thanks for a beautiful travelogue.

Bob

 BobsYourUncle's gear list:BobsYourUncle's gear list
Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm X-E2 Fujifilm X-Pro1 Fujifilm FinePix S5 Pro Nikon D800E +7 more
BrianKraft OP Regular Member • Posts: 224
Re: All Aboard! (X100S)

Bobtheamateur wrote:

Nice to see a post dedicated to the art and skill of the photographic eye. Even more special it is done with a Fuji.

Thanks for a beautiful travelogue.

Bob

Thanks, Bob! That's a very nice sentiment. I really appreciate it.

noyo Contributing Member • Posts: 772
Re: All Aboard! (X100S)

Fantastic set of shots.

-- hide signature --

Norman Young
www.noyo.co.uk

 noyo's gear list:noyo's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix S5 Pro Fujifilm X-M1 Nikon D750 Sigma 12-24mm F4.5-5.6 EX DG Aspherical HSM Fujifilm XC 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 OIS +3 more
chrisunplugged
chrisunplugged Forum Member • Posts: 50
Re: All Aboard! (X100S)

Wonderful shots!

 chrisunplugged's gear list:chrisunplugged's gear list
Fujifilm X-T1 Fujifilm XF 23mm F1.4 R Apple iPhone 5
Carlos C Regular Member • Posts: 366
Re: All Aboard! (X100S)
1

Brian,

The camera is very nice fir sure, but you are an excellent photographer. I like the way you capture so many fun moments in a very creative way.

Thanks for sharing.

Carlos

 Carlos C's gear list:Carlos C's gear list
Fujifilm X-E1 Canon EOS 5D Mark III Fujifilm XF 23mm F1.4 R Canon EF 24-70mm f/2.8L II USM Canon EF 135mm f/2.0L USM
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads