This thread is locked.
DELETED88781 Regular Member • Posts: 127
My first wedding was yesterday

Wedding

Wedding

Wedding

OP DELETED88781 Regular Member • Posts: 127
Re: My first wedding was yesterday

I have used some less common camera setting. D7100+85MM 11.8G. Hope its not so bad

qunamax
qunamax Contributing Member • Posts: 982

I'd say that there are problems with framing, most of them are either tight or some body parts are aggressively cutoff.

Also, i think at least an on camera bounce flash is a must for wedding, preferably an assistant with walk around off camera flash and some kind of modifier.
If there wasn't all the light show you'd be in trouble with available light, and even all those colored lights cast strange and inconsistent skin tones.

qunamax's gear list:qunamax's gear list
Nikon D40 Nikon D610 Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D Samyang 85mm F1.4 Aspherical IF Nikon AF Nikkor 20mm f/2.8D +1 more
thygocanberra Regular Member • Posts: 355

... and you are already thinking about getting married again ?

[sorry couldn't resist    ]

nice shots btw

dave1812 Senior Member • Posts: 1,899

1. The colors are GHASTLY, for the most part and moreover they are extremely variable from shot to shot.

2. should you be sharing someone's ceremony on the web like this? did you get permission?

2. framing is also ghastly...

Sorry about all that, but it is what it is.

IF, OTOH, that is YOUR wedding, then congrats and disregard the above!!!  

-- hide signature --

Dave

dave1812's gear list:dave1812's gear list
Nikon D5100 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm F1.8G Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G VR Nikon AF-S DX Micro-Nikkor 85mm f/3.5G ED VR +1 more
Bassy Veteran Member • Posts: 9,185

i was thinking about buying this camera now i am not so sure,nothing looks good to me

please tell me the camera can do better than this,,,regards bassy

starman1969
starman1969 Veteran Member • Posts: 4,223

Bassy wrote:

i was thinking about buying this camera now i am not so sure,nothing looks good to me

There is nothing wrong with the camera and the 85 1.8 is a cracking lens. Choosing the correct white balance for situations like this can help quite a lot. Your photos are decent wedding snapshots.

-- hide signature --

They are watching us......

starman1969's gear list:starman1969's gear list
Nikon D800E Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.8G Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED Canon EOS 1000D Nikon D4 +5 more
herbymel Veteran Member • Posts: 6,153

I'm hoping it wasn't a paid job...you need a lot of work if you're going to start charging for your services...many of the shots you've posted you've caught the bride or groom in unflattering poses, with uneven lighting, obstructed views, and cropped too tight. Some you may have been planning on doing it, but it really doesn't work too well in the shots you've shown. Wedding work can be a pain in the ass, and one of the most important days in someone's life. It's good to get the practice to do it right.

herbymel's gear list:herbymel's gear list
Nikon D500 Nikon D750 Nikon AF Nikkor 105mm f/2D DC Nikon 85mm F1.8G Nikon AF-S Nikkor 20mm f/1.8G ED +6 more
dave1812 Senior Member • Posts: 1,899

Bassy wrote:

for gawd's sakes, there is nothing wrong with the camera.   the fault lies with the person using it.  if you don't know that, perhaps this type of camera is above your pay grade?

-- hide signature --

Dave

dave1812's gear list:dave1812's gear list
Nikon D5100 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm F1.8G Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G VR Nikon AF-S DX Micro-Nikkor 85mm f/3.5G ED VR +1 more
jimoyer
jimoyer Senior Member • Posts: 1,879

And I was the guy who was out of line just the other day when trying to talk someone who had no experience shooting weddings out of doing one.

jimoyer's gear list:jimoyer's gear list
Nikon D7100 Nikon D4S Nikon 1 V2 Nikon 1 J5 Olympus E-M1 +14 more

thanks  starman  for your kind reply

SamG10 Regular Member • Posts: 310

If you get a chance to work as an assistant to a pro wedding photog., grab it before thinking of your second wedding.  Practice, Learn, Practice.

SamG10's gear list:SamG10's gear list
Nikon D800 Nikon D4 Nikon D1X Nikon D40X Nikon AF-Nikkor 80-200mm f/2.8D ED +11 more
Stacey_K
Stacey_K Veteran Member • Posts: 8,638

I hope you didn't accept money for this? O.o

-- hide signature --

Stacey

Stacey_K's gear list:Stacey_K's gear list
Nikon D200 Nikon D700 Nikon D7000 Nikon D800 Sony Alpha a7 +16 more

dave  you have  said what i thought , thats good news to me,all i have to do now is to save up a few more pounds,and then i will be back to show my  pictures in the new year,cheers bassy

qunamax
qunamax Contributing Member • Posts: 982

On a positive note, everyone's first shots in some situation are bad. Weddings are just critical cause they are once in a lifetime (at least should be) event and someone's memories, and not a good idea to run into without practice.

qunamax's gear list:qunamax's gear list
Nikon D40 Nikon D610 Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D Samyang 85mm F1.4 Aspherical IF Nikon AF Nikkor 20mm f/2.8D +1 more
edispics
edispics Veteran Member • Posts: 3,577

Here are some random photos taken by ordinary people with the Nikon D7100 and 85mm 1.8. As you can see, these are nothing (mercifully) like the wedding photos above. You will be the limiting factor, not the camera and lens.

edispics

And the sad part is that you get one, and only one, kick at the can.

rosiesphoto Regular Member • Posts: 200

and hopefully the last. did not know nikon makes a fixed f1.8 aperture lens. Instead of investing in a lens I would have gone for a new pair of eyeglasses. If you post these than you should know what to expect.

rosiesphoto's gear list:rosiesphoto's gear list
Nikon D3100 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-105mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR
jimoyer
jimoyer Senior Member • Posts: 1,879

You know, there is a LOT of stone throwing here.  Yes, these images are NOT what you'd expect from a paid/professional wedding photographer.  Yes, these images are a prime example that having a decent camera and perhaps even a decent amount of experience in photography doesn't make you a wedding photographer.  Wedding photography is a whole different "beast"  Yes, these are a great example of why I try to talk people who have no experience in doing paid wedding photography from going out on their own and doing weddings until they've gained some experience either shooting second camera to an established pro or at least doing it as a guest at a wedding that already has a paid photographer BUT..........

Rather than making wise assed remarks about buying glasses rather than a lens and things of that sort, how about we provide the OP with some CONSTRUCTIVE criticism and recommend what he could/should have done differently to improve his images.

jimoyer's gear list:jimoyer's gear list
Nikon D7100 Nikon D4S Nikon 1 V2 Nikon 1 J5 Olympus E-M1 +14 more
edispics
Here are some samples

Here's the link to lots of D7100 photos:

http://www.flickr.com/search/?q=nikon%20d7100%2085mm%201.8

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads