GX7 IBIS Effectiveness - Pretty Good!
Just got my GX7 this afternoon and had a few minutes to throw on the Leica 180/3.4 APO Telyt and grab a few images of Mt. Rainier as the sun was going down on a somewhat cloudy evening.
Light was dim, but I shot it at ISO 200 anyways.
I was able to get sharp shots at 1/60s - that's better than two stops over the 1/2xFL rule of thumb (1/360 sec for 180mm). Not bad. The detail is very very good.
These were shot with the electronic shutter - didn't have time to try it with the mechanical shutter. I'd say the success rate was about 50% at this shutter speed - but I was cold and not very steady at all, so I think I could do better otherwise.
- Canon EOS M58.8%
- Panasonic G85/G803.3%
- Panasonic FZ2500/FZ20001.9%
- Panasonic LX10/LX151.2%
- Panasonic GH5 development3.6%
- Sony a99 II15.9%
- Nikon KeyMission 170 and 801.0%
- Fujifilm GFX 50S development28.3%
- Olympus E-M1 II development18.7%
- Olympus E-PL80.1%
- Olympus 25mm F1.2 Pro1.5%
- Olympus 12-100mm F4 IS Pro1.9%
- Olympus 30mm F3.5 Macro0.1%
- Sigma 85mm F1.4 Art3.6%
- Sigma 12-24mm F4 Art2.6%
- Sigma 500mm F4 DG OS HSM Sport2.4%
- YI M12.2%
- GoPro Hero50.8%
- GoPro Karma drone2.2%
|Flower in flower by atdigit|
from Random Items Challenge 26
|Surface tension by atdigit|
from Right in the middle
|A Normal Dat at Thomas's Clap 2016-9379 by Andrew Maltzoff|
from Show us SCHOOL!