May I know how to create this colour tone in CS6? Please......

Started Dec 17, 2013 | Questions
alexcllui
alexcllui Junior Member • Posts: 32
May I know how to create this colour tone in CS6? Please......

Hi,

May i know how to create this colour tone in CS6?

Any link or tutorial will be very much appreciate...

Thank you...

alexcllui's gear list:alexcllui's gear list
Fujifilm X100F Olympus OM-D E-M5 Panasonic Leica Summilux DG 25mm F1.4 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 12-50mm 1:3.5-6.3 EZ Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 75mm F1.8 +5 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
(unknown member) Veteran Member • Posts: 5,593
Re: May I know how to create this colour tone in CS6? Please......

alexcllui wrote:

Hi,

Thank you...

I don't have Photoshop but I do have Lightroom and the simplest way to try and recreate the color you see is by using the White Balance Selector to try and get the image to look normal. I would think you would have the same tool in ACR. Once you do that, jot down the White Balance correction values and apply the same values in the other direction.

For example, to recreate the cyan tone in your second image and apply it to your last image, which looks fairly normal to me, I got +11 to yellow and +44 to magenta. Then I applied +11 to blue and +44 to green and got the version below.

The much more difficult way would be to do the same with curves, but most people would rather step on a nail.

I'm sure there are also filters available to do this. They replicate the look of color prints that have faded unevenly.

-- hide signature --

Have a Merry Christmas

(unknown member) Veteran Member • Posts: 4,624

Basalite wrote:

I'm sure there are also filters available to do this. They replicate the look of color prints that have faded unevenly.

Seems like DXO Filmpack?

-- hide signature --

Amateur photographer. Enjoy.....believe in yourself..

alexcllui
OP alexcllui Junior Member • Posts: 32

Hi,

Thanks for you reply...

I only using Lr5...

Do you mind to share how to do it in Lr?

very appreciate for your help...

thanks

Fujifilm X100F Olympus OM-D E-M5 Panasonic Leica Summilux DG 25mm F1.4 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 12-50mm 1:3.5-6.3 EZ Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 75mm F1.8 +5 more
alexcllui

Basalite wrote :

I don't have Photoshop but I do have Lightroom and the simplest way to try and recreate the color you see is by using the White Balance Selector to try and get the image to look normal. I would think you would have the same tool in ACR. Once you do that, jot down the White Balance correction values and apply the same values in the other direction.

For example, to recreate the cyan tone in your second image and apply it to your last image, which looks fairly normal to me, I got +11 to yellow and +44 to magenta. Then I applied +11 to blue and +44 to green and got the version below.

Hi,

I'm sorry I don't really understand it...

Please forgive me for my bad english...

alexcllui wrote:

Basalite wrote :

Hi,

What language do you speak?

-- hide signature --

Have a Merry Christmas

alexcllui

Basalite wrote:

alexcllui wrote:

Basalite wrote :

Hi,

Hi,

Sorry, I can read english but i just confused how to do the Lr adjustment...

VicC Senior Member • Posts: 1,710

All you need to do is experiment with " Image / adjust / colour balance " and play with the sliders. Vic

VicC's gear list:VicC's gear list
Nikon Z7
Allen Gerdes Veteran Member • Posts: 5,638

I disagree!  In my humble opinion, using curves to accomplish a similar effect is easier than most other techniques.  Only a couple of simple moves on the RGB curve are required to get a similar effect.  Just my two-cent's worth, of course, as everyone has their favorite techniques.

Regards....Allen

Patsy Murphy Veteran Member • Posts: 3,042

I agree with Allen, curves is probably the best way to achieve what you are looking for. The link to the video below will give you some idea as to what you are looking for.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sWn4BYiEEeo

Regards Patsym

drh681
drh681 Forum Pro • Posts: 20,742
Yeap, What Alllen and Patsy say, or...

A hue/saturation adjustment layer with a mask may do what you want too.

alexcllui wrote:

Hi,

Thank you...

-- hide signature --

Photons by the bag.
Gravitons no longer shipped outside US or Canada
-----.....------
You got a camera, now go out and get a life; or at least a picture of one!

drh681's gear list:drh681's gear list
Canon EF 40mm f/2.8 STM Lensbaby Composer Pro with Sweet 35 Optic Nokia Lumia Icon
tony brown Veteran Member • Posts: 4,183

In CS6, as you requested, you can open two images; one of a colour style you want and the other image you want to match it.

on the second image, Use 'Image/Adjustments/Match Color' using as the 'Source' the first image. That will get you close. Then adjust the three sliders to get closer.

Final adjustments can be carried out, if needed, using curves, colour balance or selective color.

However, I see from another reply that you don't apear to have CS6, just LightRoom. With LR, I can't help you.

There are many tutorials for Match Color, e.g.:-

http://www.dummies.com/how-to/content/how-to-match-color-between-documents-in-photoshop-.html

Cheers, Tony.

(unknown member) Forum Pro • Posts: 10,011

alexcllui wrote:

May i know how to create this colour tone in CS6? Any link or tutorial will be very much appreciate...

Thank you...

http://www.modelmayhem.com/po.php?thread_id=777241&page=1#post15855107

-- hide signature --
Mark Scott Abeln
Mark Scott Abeln Forum Pro • Posts: 12,614

Bajerunner wrote:

Seems like DXO Filmpack?

I agree, or something similar.

Simply adjusting curves will change the colors, but it will also most likely change the white balance.

The Channel Mixer tool in Photoshop is a good way to change colors in a consistent manner, without adjusting the white balance. This tool is often used to simulate film effects.

Mark Scott Abeln's gear list:Mark Scott Abeln's gear list
Nikon D200 Nikon D7000 Nikon D750 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm F1.8G Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D +2 more
MirekE
MirekE Contributing Member • Posts: 925

I think it was done with some Lightroom plugin, but you can look at these free presets to see if some of the effects are not similar to what you want. At least I think they are free...

http://www.ononesoftware.com/products/lightroom-presets/

Most people don't want to mess with curves....

Allen Gerdes wrote:

I disagree! In my humble opinion, using curves to accomplish a similar effect is easier than most other techniques. Only a couple of simple moves on the RGB curve are required to get a similar effect. Just my two-cent's worth, of course, as everyone has their favorite techniques.

Regards....Allen

The average user or amateur to photo editing will have a lot of trouble trying to use curves to achieve the same effect. Sure they can learn, but in my experience most people have no patience to mess with curves. I know how curves works and I avoid it as much as possible. The instructions I gave for the cyan tone is as simple as it gets outside of using some kind of filter.

-- hide signature --

Have a Merry Christmas

alexcllui wrote:

Basalite wrote:

alexcllui wrote:

Basalite wrote :

Hi,

Hi,

Sorry, I can read english but i just confused how to do the Lr adjustment...

What part is confusing you?

-- hide signature --

Have a Merry Christmas

Using your 2nd picture for example:-

and using curves adjustment below without altering whites:-

by using curves adjust and anchoring top portion thus:-

and save that adjustment as a custom preset to give a head start for multiple conversions.

Cheers, Tony.

momo Contributing Member • Posts: 859

alexcllui wrote:

Hi,

Thanks for you reply...

I only using Lr5...

Do you mind to share how to do it in Lr?

very appreciate for your help...

thanks

Alex, your title asks for cs6 but here you say LR5...confusing...

see this image, done with photoshop, a curves adjustment that moves black and white point away from full strength for each of the three channels...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/morristaub/9212883463/

but this will not be exactly the same on every photo, you'll have to play with what you want for red, blue, orange casts, etc...after pulling down the white and black points you can play with each curve to create color tones to your liking...

you can do the same thing with LR tone curves adjust panel...click on the little brush in right hand corner till you get the Channels interface...

you can set a preset with cs6 or LR to start and then adjust from there for each of your images...

hope this helps a little...

-- hide signature --

“All photographs are memento mori. To take a photograph is to participate in another person’s mortality, vulnerability, mutability. Precisely by slicing out this moment and freezing it, all photographs testify to time’s relentless melt.”
- Susan Sontag
http://www.morristaubphotography.com
http://variationslumineuse.aminus3.com

Erratum.

My mistake; I put the Blue curve in twice in my adjustment illustration. One of them should have been the Green.

Noticed too late to edit the post.

Cheers, Tony.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads