***Photo of the Week #33-13 December 2013-19 December 2013***
NOTICE #1: Nikon FX cameras are now included.
REMINDER: We have 5 votes each, please vote for your 5 favourite photos.
- Post one (1) photo per participant.
- Categories: anything you wish - landscapes, portraits, birds, sports, abstract, your choice.
- Your photo must be no older than 2 weeks from the date you submitted it. (* see explanation below)
- Use any Nikon DX or FX camera.
- This thread ends one week from the start at 12:00 PM Pacific Time (-8 GMT).
- Next tread begins a few hours later
VOTING: Please remember to vote.
- Vote for your 5 favourites by clicking the “Like” button beside the photos.
- Voting begins anytime, ends one week from the start at 12:00 PM Pacific Time (-8 GMT)
- Anyone may vote, even if you didn't post an image.
IMPORTANT NOTICE - Please read the 2 items below and follow the instructions - thanks.
- Please reply to the first(original) post and please replace the subject title with the title of your photograph.
- When you make a comment please do not re-post the person’s photo so that we don’t end up with multiple copies of the same image, it makes voting confusing.
The main objective of this event is to get people taking photos on a weekly basis and sharing their single best shot of the week with the rest of us, all in a spirit of light-hearted fun. It’s hoped that participation in this thread will foster community building among the participants, plus motivate us to keep improving our photography skills ranging from creative imagining, to shooting, to processing. The weekly voting is not intended to make this into a highly competitive “contest”, but to provide a sufficient level of motivation to maintain interest over the long term. If you have any questions they were probably addressed in the original discussion thread which you can find at this link:http://www.dpreview.com/forums/thread/3479611
* EXPLANATION for eligible dates of photos:
Why a 2-week period for photos? I received some emails lately saying that a one week period was not long enough to find a subject and to do a good job on the shooting, processing and selection, they feel too rushed. Since the main objective of this challenge is to get us out taking photos on a regular basis rather than just posting old photos from our archives, there's no real difference between one week old photos and two week old photos, they're all new and fresh. Hopefully, this will give those who felt rushed a little more time to relax, enjoy and participate
King Farm Maryland. Taken with my Tokina 11-16 mark 2 lens.
Frost on the windows creates such interesting patterns. This one reminds me of a view of outerspace with the dark blue background (space) and the orange ball (planet or sun) in the corner.
... Brev: I can't remember my later impression so clearly contrast my initial reaction.
... I was immediately disappointed, but now I really like it. It's subtle, but really conveys a mood. There are truly rythmns thoughout. Fascinating!
One of my first test shots with ADL dialed in High...
This is just one of numerous tributes to the great leader Nelson Mandela ( Madiba ).
This image of Madiba is laser projected onto Table Mountain and I took this picture from the V&A Waterfront.
There have been activities going on for more than a week now and one of the more
memorable and touching tributes was the message from a little girl who wrote on one of the boards
Quote : "WHO'S GOING TO LOOK AFTER THE WORLD NOW".
Handheld Nikon D300 DX Camera.
Sigma 10-20 f4-5.6 WA Lens.
Jon in Thailand