Tokyo with the X-E2

Started Dec 13, 2013 | Discussions
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
mvesterinen
mvesterinen New Member • Posts: 12
Tokyo with the X-E2

Just finished uploading the images to my portfolio from my first visit to Tokyo. Such an amazing city!

This time i only brought the X-E2 and the following lenses 14mm, 23mm, 35 and 55-200mm. Compared to my X-Pro1 i would say that the much improved EVF and the faster AF were the main things i noticed in real life shooting.

I did shoot at high ISO:s a lot (3200-6400) I really like organic feel of the noise the x-trans sensor produces, very filmlike.

All the images are processed in Lightroom 5.3 with VSCO presets.

You'll find them here: http://www.ishoot.se/tokyo

Hope you like them.

mooshoepork Regular Member • Posts: 252
Re: Tokyo with the X-E2

Brilliant!

For some reason this site always loads super slow for me, so haven't seen them all yet.

What was your favourite/most used lens?

ozeltzex Forum Member • Posts: 55

Beautiful!!

Rolf_52 Regular Member • Posts: 357

Great....thanks for sharing +1

Rolf

Rolf_52's gear list:Rolf_52's gear list
Nikon Df Fujifilm X-T1 Nikon D810
VoltusV New Member • Posts: 4

Ikebukuro Duplex Tower!

Will be travelling to tokyo with my XE2 this week...hopefully will be able to capture scenes as good as yours...

will be staying @ ikebukuro as well...

VoltusV's gear list:VoltusV's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-5N Fujifilm X-E2 Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Sony E 10-18mm F4 OSS Fujifilm XF 23mm F1.4 R
shigzeo
shigzeo Senior Member • Posts: 1,732

mvesterinen wrote:

Just finished uploading the images to my portfolio from my first visit to Tokyo. Such an amazing city!

This time i only brought the X-E2 and the following lenses 14mm, 23mm, 35 and 55-200mm. Compared to my X-Pro1 i would say that the much improved EVF and the faster AF were the main things i noticed in real life shooting.

I did shoot at high ISO:s a lot (3200-6400) I really like organic feel of the noise the x-trans sensor produces, very filmlike.

Hope you like them.

You sir, are an amazing photographer. Loved all your series, especially Norway.

shigzeo's gear list:shigzeo's gear list
Nikon D200 Fujifilm X-Pro1 Nikon D800 Leica M Typ 240 Sony Alpha 7R +9 more
(unknown member) Veteran Member • Posts: 3,441

Thank's, now i know the Place...

Birse Boy Regular Member • Posts: 329

very nice !

Al Valentino Senior Member • Posts: 4,740

Excellent work!!!

-- hide signature --

Fuji XE1 w/14, 18-55, 55-200, Rokinon 8mm Fisheye & Tamron 90mm f/2.8 Macro

Al Valentino's gear list:Al Valentino's gear list
Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS Rokinon 8mm F2.8 UMC Aspherical Fisheye +6 more
mvesterinen
mvesterinen OP New Member • Posts: 12

VoltusV wrote:

Ikebukuro Duplex Tower!

Will be travelling to tokyo with my XE2 this week...hopefully will be able to capture scenes as good as yours...

will be staying @ ikebukuro as well...

You Sir have a sharp eye. It indeed is Ikebukuro Duplex Tower Safe travels, you gonna love it!

mvesterinen

shigzeo ? wrote:

mvesterinen wrote:

Hope you like them.

You sir, are an amazing photographer. Loved all your series, especially Norway.

Thank you so much! Glad you liked it.

mvesterinen

mooshoepork wrote:

Brilliant!

For some reason this site always loads super slow for me, so haven't seen them all yet.

What was your favourite/most used lens?

I would say the 23mm and the 35mm. I really miss a shorter telephoto lens. The 55-200mm is physically too big for urban shooting. I'm waiting for the 56mm to arrive, gonna buy it day one for sure!

Caerolle
Caerolle Senior Member • Posts: 3,231

mvesterinen wrote:

Hope you like them.

I have only had time to go through the Tokyo pics so far, want to look at the other sites, too. Those Tokyo pics are gorgeous, though!

I love how colorful Asian cities are, especially compared with the city in which I live, which has to be one of the blandest places on earth. Kind of like everyone else's money versus the US money...  

Caerolle's gear list:Caerolle's gear list
Olympus E-M1 Olympus OM-D E-M10 Panasonic Leica Summilux DG 25mm F1.4 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 12mm 1:2 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 60mm 1:2.8 Macro +3 more
jm10 Senior Member • Posts: 1,797

Very nice work Marko! thanks for posting.

jm10's gear list:jm10's gear list
Ricoh GR II Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS
Chris Dodkin
Chris Dodkin MOD Veteran Member • Posts: 6,902
What a fantastic set

Love the VSCO treatments as well

-- hide signature --

http://www.dodkin.com
Chris@1D-Images.com
Mac Pro/MacBook Pro/iPods/iPhones/iPad

Chris Dodkin's gear list:Chris Dodkin's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Canon EOS-1D Canon EOS-1D Mark II Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS 30D +34 more
Chris G Hughes Regular Member • Posts: 391
Re: What a fantastic set

Some good stuff here. I like the image outside the resturant (#12) a lot. Great atmosphere and color. I also really like the shot of the bartender. Great exposure. Rich and crisp.

Chris G Hughes's gear list:Chris G Hughes's gear list
Fujifilm X10 Canon PowerShot SX260 HS Nikon D300 Fujifilm X-E2 Fujifilm XF 18mm F2 R +5 more
dark13star
dark13star Senior Member • Posts: 1,388
Excellent photos and processing

Simply stunning

-- hide signature --

"I would be an historian as Herodotus was." -Charles Olson
http://herodot.us

dark13star's gear list:dark13star's gear list
Fujifilm X100S Olympus Tough TG-4 Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm X-E2 Fujifilm X-T1 +10 more
mainger
mainger Regular Member • Posts: 352

Stunning. I love them, and I live in Tokyo so they are doubly appreciated.

mainger's gear list:mainger's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Fujifilm X-T1 Fujifilm XF 56mm F1.2 R +1 more
Davidgilmour Senior Member • Posts: 1,408

mvesterinen wrote:

Hope you like them.

All shots are brilliant!

Davidgilmour's gear list:Davidgilmour's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 60mm F2.4 R Macro Sony RX1 Fujifilm X-A1 +1 more
mvesterinen

Thank you all for the nice comments. They mean a lot to me!

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads