Just great

Started Dec 13, 2013 | User reviews
SenicPhoto
SenicPhoto Regular Member • Posts: 261
Just great

You just can't go wrong with this lens. Aside the cost, the lens is a great little performer with a lot to offer ... highly recommended!

SenicPhoto's gear list:SenicPhoto's gear list
Fujifilm X-T20 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 23mm F1.4 R
Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6
Telephoto zoom lens • Micro Four Thirds
Announced: Aug 31, 2010
SenicPhoto's score
Average community score
Cipher Senior Member • Posts: 2,662
Best bang for the buck.

Fantastic IQ and super light.  The only minor complaint is that it's a bit too light and I have to be careful with vibrations when the lens is at the longer end.  Putting the camera on a beanbag really helps.

SenicPhoto
OP SenicPhoto Regular Member • Posts: 261
Re: Best bang for the buck.

Cipher wrote:

Fantastic IQ and super light. The only minor complaint is that it's a bit too light and I have to be careful with vibrations when the lens is at the longer end. Putting the camera on a beanbag really helps.

I can't agree more. I tend to shoot outdoors with this lens with a lot of natural light ... with high shutter speed you really don't need image stabilization.

Fujifilm X-T20 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 23mm F1.4 R
RealPancho
RealPancho Senior Member • Posts: 1,313
Yep - here's an example

Couldn't agree more. The following is at 150mm, and cropped to boot.

I almost forgot to mention - this was before I had LR4 to remove the CAs.

-- hide signature --

Frank

RealPancho's gear list:RealPancho's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-TS3 Olympus E-M1 Olympus E-M5 II Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm F4.0-5.6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm F4-5.6 R +6 more
SenicPhoto
Re: Yep - here's an example

That's a nice shot ...

jalywol
jalywol Forum Pro • Posts: 10,482
Here are some too...

I had gotten my copy of this lens when I had an EPL1, but didn't use it on the Panasonics I had after that as it really does need stabilization at the long end (due to its lightness, especially).  However, with the EM1 now, I have had some really good results with it.

-J

SenicPhoto
Re: Here are some too...

jalywol wrote:

I had gotten my copy of this lens when I had an EPL1, but didn't use it on the Panasonics I had after that as it really does need stabilization at the long end (due to its lightness, especially). However, with the EM1 now, I have had some really good results with it.

-J

Amazing photos guys. I just stepped into M43 and I can tell you I really like it. Even inexpensive lenses are performing very very well.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads