11-27-1013 thru 12-05-2013 (SX50)

Started Dec 12, 2013 | Discussions
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
evancj Veteran Member • Posts: 3,886
11-27-1013 thru 12-05-2013 (SX50)
1

Just a few I have taken since I last post.

A Sharp Shinned Hawk, near the Great Salt Lake.

The Great Salt Lake wetlands at sunset.

From a hike in the foothills near my home.

Heading home.

A Red-Tailed Hawk near the Great Salt Lake.

A female American Kestrel in the Great Salt Lake wetlands.

Another wetland sunset.

sunset on a frozen wetland pond.

The Great Salt Lake wetlands at sunset.

A hawk at sunset.

Thanks for looking.

 evancj's gear list:evancj's gear list
Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 55-300mm f/4.5-5.6G ED VR
(unknown member) Senior Member • Posts: 4,085
Re: 11-27-1013 thru 12-05-2013 (SX50)

Sharp Shinned Hawk and American Kestrel to great birds, excellent, Evan.

-- hide signature --

Thanks for posting, have a great day.
John

 j2l3m7's gear list:j2l3m7's gear list
Canon EOS 70D Canon EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro IS USM Canon EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6L IS USM Canon PowerShot SX60 HS Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 USM +10 more
evancj OP Veteran Member • Posts: 3,886
Re: 11-27-1013 thru 12-05-2013 (SX50)

j2l3m7 wrote:

Sharp Shinned Hawk and American Kestrel to great birds, excellent, Evan.

-- hide signature --

Thanks for posting, have a great day.
John

As always, thank you for taking the time to look, and comment John.

 evancj's gear list:evancj's gear list
Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 55-300mm f/4.5-5.6G ED VR
dicklaxt Contributing Member • Posts: 607
Re: 11-27-1013 thru 12-05-2013 (SX50)

Evan what a great series of photos I wish I were so fortunate to have such a paradise available. We do have some local Wildlife Management Areas but they are crowded with hunters this time of year,some are closed. If I ever get to the point where I can get my wife free when I'm free to go then we are going on a cold weather picnic and take some shots with this SX50.

Once again great job and captures.

dick

alpineguy Junior Member • Posts: 40
Re: 11-27-1013 thru 12-05-2013 (SX50)

As usual, you have another set of lovely images.  I wish my shots were as nice.

I think your sharp-shinned hawk is actually a rough legged hawk, a very common winter resident in your and my area.

Sactojim Veteran Member • Posts: 4,825
Re: 11-27-1013 thru 12-05-2013 (SX50)

Your post/images are always a treat Evan! All are beauties, especially the frozen pond at sunset.

Augustin Man
Augustin Man Veteran Member • Posts: 6,632
Re: 11-27-1013 thru 12-05-2013 (SX50)

Delightful! I'm so captivated by your wonderful series of landscapes and animals, I'd like to see this wilderness myself !

Congratulations and thank you for sharing,

Augustin

 Augustin Man's gear list:Augustin Man's gear list
Canon PowerShot SX50 HS Nikon Coolpix P900
evancj OP Veteran Member • Posts: 3,886
Re: 11-27-1013 thru 12-05-2013 (SX50)

dicklaxt wrote:

Evan what a great series of photos I wish I were so fortunate to have such a paradise available. We do have some local Wildlife Management Areas but they are crowded with hunters this time of year,some are closed. If I ever get to the point where I can get my wife free when I'm free to go then we are going on a cold weather picnic and take some shots with this SX50.

Once again great job and captures.

dick

Thanks again Dick. The picnic sounds like a good idea, make sure to post the photos.

 evancj's gear list:evancj's gear list
Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 55-300mm f/4.5-5.6G ED VR
Biff Exploder
Biff Exploder Regular Member • Posts: 407
Re: 11-27-1013 thru 12-05-2013 (SX50)

Some golden wallpaper material right there as well...

STOP MAKING ME JEALOUS! but seriously, love your photos.

 Biff Exploder's gear list:Biff Exploder's gear list
Canon PowerShot SX40 HS Samsung NX3000 Samsung 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 power zoom +2 more
evancj OP Veteran Member • Posts: 3,886
Re: 11-27-1013 thru 12-05-2013 (SX50)

As usual, you have another set of lovely images.  I wish my shots were as nice.

I think your sharp-shinned hawk is actually a rough legged hawk, a very common winter resident in your and my area.

Thanks for looking!
And thanks for the ID correction on the hawk.

 evancj's gear list:evancj's gear list
Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 55-300mm f/4.5-5.6G ED VR
evancj OP Veteran Member • Posts: 3,886
Re: 11-27-1013 thru 12-05-2013 (SX50)

Your post/images are always a treat Evan! All are beauties, especially the frozen pond at sunset.

Thank you for looking Jim. Glad you liked them.

 evancj's gear list:evancj's gear list
Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 55-300mm f/4.5-5.6G ED VR
evancj OP Veteran Member • Posts: 3,886
Re: 11-27-1013 thru 12-05-2013 (SX50)

Delightful! I'm so captivated by your wonderful series of landscapes and animals, I'd like to see this wilderness myself !

Congratulations and thank you for sharing,

Augustin

As always thank you Augustin.

you are most welcome to visit.

 evancj's gear list:evancj's gear list
Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 55-300mm f/4.5-5.6G ED VR
evancj OP Veteran Member • Posts: 3,886
Re: 11-27-1013 thru 12-05-2013 (SX50)

Some golden wallpaper material right there as well...

STOP MAKING ME JEALOUS! but seriously, love your photos.

Ha ha, thank you for taking a look.

 evancj's gear list:evancj's gear list
Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 55-300mm f/4.5-5.6G ED VR
VisionLight
VisionLight Senior Member • Posts: 3,778
Re: 11-27-1013 thru 12-05-2013 (SX50)

All beautiful Evan. What a fabulous collection of well crafted images you have created over the last few months. Although I'm sure you could come up with the same results with any camera, the SX50 can certainly do some real magic in your hands.

Ed

 VisionLight's gear list:VisionLight's gear list
Canon PowerShot SX50 HS Samsung NX1 Samsung NX 60mm F2.8 Macro ED OIS SSA Samsung 16-50mm F2.0-2.8 Samsung 50-150mm F2.8 S
Hollander Senior Member • Posts: 1,370
Re: 11-27-1013 thru 12-05-2013 (SX50)

For me the sunset pictures are stunning Evan. Ofcourse the hawk and kestrel shots are very sharp and clear. Although we all praise the SX50 for what it can do, I have to say that the photographer in this case has a very good eye for composing and framing the shots.

Evan as usual it's a pleasure to see your pictures.

Rob.

-- hide signature --

To keep my brain active I'm looking forward to my next trip. So much to see yet and not enough time.
http://robvorderman.zenfolio.com/

 Hollander's gear list:Hollander's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ35 Canon PowerShot SX50 HS Sony Cyber-shot DSC-WX80 Olympus E-1 Olympus E-3 +3 more
Danel Senior Member • Posts: 2,905
Re: 11-27-1013 thru 12-05-2013 (SX50)

Nice set of shots Evan.  The subject, the light, and the guy/gal behind the camera are the three most important parts of photography.  Your photos show that you understand that very well.  I look forward to seeing your next batch of shots.

Dan

 Danel's gear list:Danel's gear list
Canon PowerShot SD800 IS Canon PowerShot G15 Nikon D7000 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm F1.8G Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR II +5 more
evancj OP Veteran Member • Posts: 3,886
Re: 11-27-1013 thru 12-05-2013 (SX50)

VisionLight wrote:

All beautiful Evan. What a fabulous collection of well crafted images you have created over the last few months. Although I'm sure you could come up with the same results with any camera, the SX50 can certainly do some real magic in your hands.

Ed

What a very nice complement Ed. Thank you very much.

 evancj's gear list:evancj's gear list
Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 55-300mm f/4.5-5.6G ED VR
evancj OP Veteran Member • Posts: 3,886
Re: 11-27-1013 thru 12-05-2013 (SX50)

Hollander wrote:

For me the sunset pictures are stunning Evan. Ofcourse the hawk and kestrel shots are very sharp and clear. Although we all praise the SX50 for what it can do, I have to say that the photographer in this case has a very good eye for composing and framing the shots.

Evan as usual it's a pleasure to see your pictures.

Rob.

-- hide signature --

To keep my brain active I'm looking forward to my next trip. So much to see yet and not enough time.
http://robvorderman.zenfolio.com/

You are too kind Rob...thank you very much.

 evancj's gear list:evancj's gear list
Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 55-300mm f/4.5-5.6G ED VR
evancj OP Veteran Member • Posts: 3,886
Re: 11-27-1013 thru 12-05-2013 (SX50)

Danel wrote:

Nice set of shots Evan. The subject, the light, and the guy/gal behind the camera are the three most important parts of photography. Your photos show that you understand that very well. I look forward to seeing your next batch of shots.

Dan

Thank you for the nice complement Dan, I'm glad you liked them.

 evancj's gear list:evancj's gear list
Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 55-300mm f/4.5-5.6G ED VR
Don_Campbell Senior Member • Posts: 1,832
Re: 11-27-1013 thru 12-05-2013 (SX50)

Wow. Yet another very nice set of photos. Thanks for sharing.

Don

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads