Speed of memory cards
over the last year I tested nearly 40 different memory cards in the D800 and measured the write speed in camera. Finally I found some time to set up a webpage to share the results.
The test results and a description of the testing can be seen at
Don't want to steal your thunder...
Another well-known chap also has a website. There is a drop-down box for different cameras tested
Looking at your results for SD cards I was surprised to see that the 16Gb version of the Sandisk Extreme Pro 95 MB/s is twice as fast as the 64Gb version.
Why is the 64Gb version so slow? It's meant to be a fast card.
- Canon EOS M58.8%
- Panasonic G85/G803.3%
- Panasonic FZ2500/FZ20001.9%
- Panasonic LX10/LX151.2%
- Panasonic GH5 development3.6%
- Sony a99 II15.9%
- Nikon KeyMission 170 and 801.0%
- Fujifilm GFX 50S development28.3%
- Olympus E-M1 II development18.7%
- Olympus E-PL80.1%
- Olympus 25mm F1.2 Pro1.5%
- Olympus 12-100mm F4 IS Pro1.9%
- Olympus 30mm F3.5 Macro0.1%
- Sigma 85mm F1.4 Art3.6%
- Sigma 12-24mm F4 Art2.6%
- Sigma 500mm F4 DG OS HSM Sport2.4%
- YI M12.2%
- GoPro Hero50.8%
- GoPro Karma drone2.2%
|Sunflower Field by GrannyMeg|
from An impressionist piece
|Flag from Staten Island Ferry by wam7|
|SAND SCULPTURE by duskman|
from Landscape - Black and White #4