EOS 1D Mark II unbelievable deal

Started Dec 10, 2013 | Discussions
puttin
puttin Veteran Member • Posts: 7,136
EOS 1D Mark II unbelievable deal

High praise to KEH for $429. It was labeled as exc + but it looks new, not a single mark. Not even a scratch on the lcd and no rubbed off paint on the hot shoe rails. The best part is the 3412 shutter count for a 9 year old camera, that was 100 less then my refurbished D800. Now to figure this beast out. I think I'm more excited about this purchase then my D800.

puttin's gear list:puttin's gear list
Fujifilm XF1 Fujifilm X100S Nikon Coolpix A Sony RX100 III Sony RX10 II +23 more
Canon EOS-1D Mark II Nikon D800
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
hotdog321
hotdog321 Forum Pro • Posts: 17,749
Re: EOS 1D Mark II unbelievable deal

I shot with two of them as a photojournalist when they first came out. Good pro camera, though the resolution and low light performance are not up to today's standards. Still, they work great up to ISO 1600. Make sure you have the latest firmware, a fresh battery and enjoy!

If you haven't shot with a 1D series body before, you are in for a treat.

hotdog321's gear list:hotdog321's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark IV Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II USM Canon EF 24-70mm f/2.8L II USM Canon EF 16-35mm f/4L IS USM Canon EF 11-24mm F4L +1 more
Roonal_Z Contributing Member • Posts: 559

Congrats on the new to you camera.

Some info links are in a reply I made to another new 1D MkII poster some months back

http://www.dpreview.com/forums/post/50909892

The latest firmware is v1.2.6 which allows the use of higher capacity memory cards

-- hide signature --

Good Day,
Roonal

puttin
OP puttin Veteran Member • Posts: 7,136

hotdog321 wrote:

I shot with two of them as a photojournalist when they first came out. Good pro camera, though the resolution and low light performance are not up to today's standards. Still, they work great up to ISO 1600. Make sure you have the latest firmware, a fresh battery and enjoy!

If you haven't shot with a 1D series body before, you are in for a treat.

I had a EOS 1 35mm a few years ago and liked it so I thought I would try a 1D since I've never had a pro digital Canon before. Very glad I bought it. It has the latest firmware.

puttin's gear list:puttin's gear list
Fujifilm XF1 Fujifilm X100S Nikon Coolpix A Sony RX100 III Sony RX10 II +23 more
Eagle1349 New Member • Posts: 13

The 1 D Mark II is a really nice camera, I have a couple of bodies. I also have a newer model of the 1 D series, but I have no problem using this camera with the right light conditions.  I love the small file sizes, I have made 16x20 prints from this camera without any problems. Enjoy!

dgumshu
dgumshu Senior Member • Posts: 2,417

puttin wrote:

High praise to KEH for $429. It was labeled as exc + but it looks new, not a single mark. Not even a scratch on the lcd and no rubbed off paint on the hot shoe rails. The best part is the 3412 shutter count for a 9 year old camera, that was 100 less then my refurbished D800. Now to figure this beast out. I think I'm more excited about this purchase then my D800.

with only 3412 shutter, it's practically new.  Congrats... and have fun with it.

dgumshu's gear list:dgumshu's gear list
Canon EOS-1D Mark IV Canon EOS-1D X Canon EOS 80D Canon EOS 5D Mark IV Canon EF 400mm f/5.6L USM +38 more
rmexpress22 Regular Member • Posts: 261

I wish it had a better LCD but the camera handles great for a very old camera. It's still very responsive and focuses pretty quickly.

rmexpress22's gear list:rmexpress22's gear list
Canon EOS 6D Canon EOS 80D Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 USM Canon EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM Sigma 30mm F1.4 DC HSM Art +5 more
Lea5
Lea5 Contributing Member • Posts: 686
Ha,ha,ha

How....I mean really....how can someone answer to a topic that is from Dec 2013?

A THREE year old topic?

2013??

What's the reason? To say something just to feel better? Boredom?

You guys are sooo funny!!!!

Lea5's gear list:Lea5's gear list
Canon EOS-1D X Nikon D800E Sony Alpha 7R II Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II +10 more
Eagle1349 New Member • Posts: 13
Re: Ha,ha,ha

Good one ! I laugh with you, I thought it was a recent post. Seems like I am not the only bored person , right?  

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads