Found the perfect case for LX7

Started Dec 9, 2013 | Discussions
Ursusminor Forum Member • Posts: 90
Found the perfect case for LX7

It is actually for a little camcorder, but it works perfect for the LX.  The case provides a great deal of protection and provides easy access.

Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
James Pilcher Veteran Member • Posts: 9,727
I'm still looking...

I'm still looking for the perfect LX7 case when the LVF2 is attached. So far, none are just right. Any that fit the camera and viewfinder are just too big overall.

Jim Pilcher
Summit County, Colorado, USA

James Pilcher's gear list:James Pilcher's gear list
Panasonic Leica Summilux DG 25mm F1.4 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 12mm 1:2 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 75mm F1.8 Fujifilm X70 Olympus PEN-F +9 more
Jan1 New Member • Posts: 4
Re: Found the perfect case for LX7

Can you post the model of this LowePro case? It should be written on the badge inside the case. 
Is it attachable on the belt?

Jan1's gear list:Jan1's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7
Cyril Catt Veteran Member • Posts: 4,838
Re: I'm still looking...

James Pilcher wrote:

I'm still looking for the perfect LX7 case when the LVF2 is attached. So far, none are just right. Any that fit the camera and viewfinder are just too big overall.

Jim Pilcher

Me too, Jim. They are all either too big or too small. Where can we find the Goldilocks' one?

-- hide signature --

Cyril

Byron Walter Regular Member • Posts: 339

My case says LP133. It's tight and I roll the neck strap into a ball and tuck it next to the LVF.
--
Byron

nwislander New Member • Posts: 5

Here's a link to the "Case Logic" bag that I find an excellent fit for my LX7 with LVF2 attached. It's a loose fit, but I like that because it's easy to get the camera in and out and easy to place the strap inside. Has a few compartments for accessories. Great price, too.

http://www.caselogic.com/en-us/us/products/camera-cases/high-zoom-camera-cases/compact-systemhybrid-camera-case-_-dcb_-_304_-_black

Bill

nwislander's gear list:nwislander's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 +2 more
Ronomy
Ronomy Veteran Member • Posts: 4,062

http://www.cutecamcase.com/ These guys have all types of cases. Both of my LX7 cases I got from Cutecamcase.

I have a belt holster case for my LX7 without the viewfinder and it doesn't really make the camera any bigger than it already is. it fits nicely and I can grab my camera quickly. Plus my pockets are free of any camera.

I also have their small zip case which fits the LX7 with the viewfinder when I feel I need the viewfinder.

Ronomy's gear list:Ronomy's gear list
Canon PowerShot SD800 IS Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 Canon EOS 7D Canon EF-S 15-85mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM +6 more
OP Ursusminor Forum Member • Posts: 90

It is the Lowepro - Santiago DV 35 Hard Shell Compact Digital Camcorder Case.  Picked it up at Best Buy.  Have had it on a tough hike up a mountain and in a fishing pack for almost a week  - protected the camera well.

I've got Tamrac Digital 2 (Model 5692) . LX7 with a wrist strap and without a viewfinder fits perfectly and I can also store the adapter and UV filter in the front department. It is small enough for shoulder strap carrying but little bit too bulky for belt.  I like it, anyway.

Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7
GarageBoy Contributing Member • Posts: 924

My case of choice

It's protected my camera multiple times when it fell out of my bag

Kinda ugly, but works

Has a rigid front

http://www.caselogic.com/en-us/us/products/camera-cases/compact-camera-cases/medium-camera-flash-camcorder-case-_-qpb_-_202_-_black

StevenN Senior Member • Posts: 1,289
I hate zippers!

I have a small Case Logic case in which my LX7 fits in very snugly. The problem is that I worry about the camera being scratched by the case's zipper as I take the camera in and out.

Doesn't anybody make a small case with a flap secured by Velcro? I have such a case made by Tamrac that I keep my Lumix FX37 in but, unfortunatly, it's too small for my LX7.

It is so much faster and more convenient to open a flap as opposed to opening and closing a zipper.

-- hide signature --

StevenN

StevenN's gear list:StevenN's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7 Nikon D750 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX85 Nikon AF Nikkor 28mm f/2.8D +8 more
Re: I hate zippers!

Tamrac Digital 2 Model 5692 (see my post above) has buckle and velcro, no zipper.

Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7
StevenN Senior Member • Posts: 1,289
That's too big.

Yes, I saw that case. However, I'm looking for a case small enough to fit in a coat pocket. I'm not too concerned about the amount of padding; I just want something that will reasonably protect the camera while not adding too much to its size.

-- hide signature --

StevenN

StevenN's gear list:StevenN's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7 Nikon D750 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX85 Nikon AF Nikkor 28mm f/2.8D +8 more
AnisJ
AnisJ Regular Member • Posts: 262

Very happy with this case I got, everything in one place. Well made and looks nice too. Works for me and may work for some looking for a small bag rather than just a case. With my LX7 and LVF2 attached it has no issues at all.

Caselogic DB-305

-- hide signature --

Anis
- Big shots are small shots who keep shooting!

AnisJ's gear list:AnisJ's gear list
Nikon Coolpix 995 Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7 Apple iPad WiFi +1 more
Batuche New Member • Posts: 13

On a recent trip to Fry’s Electronics I stumbled upon an excellent carrying case for the LX7 with optional DMW-LVF2 viewfinder attached. Check out Case Logic’s Model EHC103 video camera case. The LX7 sits upright in the case with lens facing outward for easy access. There isn’t any extra space on top of the viewfinder when closed, but it does fit, and the width is perfect. I use a wrist strap on the LX7 and it tucks right in. The case sports a shoulder strap, a carry handle on top, and a belt loop. It lists for $25 but B&H has it for about $15.

geoffmalter
geoffmalter Senior Member • Posts: 2,798

James Pilcher wrote:

Jim Pilcher

Jim, I think we've had this conversation before, when I recommended the Lowepro Santiago 30. At the time I didn't have the LVF2, so I could only speculate. I have it now and although it's a tight fit, the LX7 + LVF2 will fit, with room for an extra battery and SD cards.

geoffmalter's gear list:geoffmalter's gear list
Canon EOS M5 Olympus Tough TG-1 iHS Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7 Canon EOS M Canon EF-M 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM +4 more
James Pilcher Veteran Member • Posts: 9,727
I will look again

geoffmalter wrote:

James Pilcher wrote:

Jim Pilcher

Jim, I think we've had this conversation before, when I recommended the Lowepro Santiago 30. At the time I didn't have the LVF2, so I could only speculate. I have it now and although it's a tight fit, the LX7 + LVF2 will fit, with room for an extra battery and SD cards.

Thanks, Geoff. Both of my favorite Denver-area camera stores carry a relatively complete line of LowePro bags. I'll take a look this weekend when I'm out and about.

Jim Pilcher

James Pilcher's gear list:James Pilcher's gear list
Panasonic Leica Summilux DG 25mm F1.4 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 12mm 1:2 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 75mm F1.8 Fujifilm X70 Olympus PEN-F +9 more
Batuche New Member • Posts: 13

Greetings!

In addition to my previous post but you must take a strong look at the Monfrotto Nano VII case. Long as you're not adverse to a softer shell and a flap that closes with Velcro, the LX7 drops right in - no squeezing to get it shut, no zippers to bind, either a wrist strap or the shoulder strap can be easily utilized through the openings in the case itself, there is ample room for spare battery (batteries), memory card, small cleaning cloth, etc., in the outer pocket (also protected by the flap), and it also sports a belt loop. Again, the dimensions of this bag are PERFECT for the LX7 with optional LVF2 viewfinder attached with NO pressure points on the camera whatsoever. Compact and attractive.

John Summers
John Summers Regular Member • Posts: 187

Go to a women's fashion store or discount department store. Look in the handbags section. Find something you like the looks of preferably on sale. Buy it. On the way home stop somewhere like a craft store. Buy enough foam or padding to fill the handbag. Take it all home and gut the handbag. Cut and fit the foam to the bottom and sides. Stuff it in. Glue is optional.

You can get some pretty decent bags of all sorts with little compartments even for accessories. I've made several camera cases and soft carry bags this way. It doesn't take to much ingenuity to make something that works well. I'll try and get a picture posted.

-- hide signature --

Fly'nErcil

John Summers's gear list:John Summers's gear list
Canon PowerShot S90 Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 Sony Alpha NEX-7 Sony a77 II +12 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads