Problem returning 29 cameras to B&H Photo Locked

Started Dec 5, 2013 | Discussions
This thread is locked.
YD Forum Member • Posts: 54
Problem returning 29 cameras to B&H Photo

I had the misfortune today to returning a shipment of 29 Nikon D800 cameras at B&H Photo and having them tell me that I should have purchased one to evaluate it first!! I told that I wanted to try the 30 and pick the best one and returning the remaining 29 is a normal practice at every other camera store except there store apparently. I routinly buy 30 items at Best Buy and return the 29 I don't want. But these guys act like I'm abusing a privalege!

My friend recently purchased a camera, returned it, purchased another, returned it, purchased another, returned it and then purchased another. But for some reason I'm being singled out by them. Then people call him a troll for sharing his experience. I expect B&H being professionals, not tell me some things I don't want to here!

Nikon D800
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Shotcents
Shotcents Veteran Member • Posts: 4,472
Re: Problem returning 29 cameras to B&H Photo

YD wrote:

I had the misfortune today to returning a shipment of 29 Nikon D800 cameras at B&H Photo and having them tell me that I should have purchased one to evaluate it first!! I told that I wanted to try the 30 and pick the best one and returning the remaining 29 is a normal practice at every other camera store except there store apparently. I routinly buy 30 items at Best Buy and return the 29 I don't want. But these guys act like I'm abusing a privalege!

My friend recently purchased a camera, returned it, purchased another, returned it, purchased another, returned it and then purchased another. But for some reason I'm being singled out by them. Then people call him a troll for sharing his experience. I expect B&H being professionals, not tell me some things I don't want to here!

Those BUMS!

Robert

Shotcents's gear list:Shotcents's gear list
Nikon Coolpix P7700 Nikon D800 Nikon D5200 Nikon D5300 Nikon Df +11 more
OP YD Forum Member • Posts: 54

read my friend's story here: http://www.dpreview.com/forums/post/52650306

Bryan
Bryan Senior Member • Posts: 1,968

YD wrote:

Is this for real? Just checked my calendar ages yet before April 1st.

-- hide signature --

Bryan
Box-Brownie and other stuff.
iMac i7
Still looking for a digital back for my Box Brownie.

Bryan's gear list:Bryan's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS40 (TZ60) Canon EOS 7D Mark II Canon EF 100mm f/2.8 Macro USM Canon EF-S 18-135mm F3.5-5.6 IS USM Tamron SP 150-600mm F5-6.3 Di VC USD G2 +4 more
Leif Goodwin Senior Member • Posts: 1,390

Blimey, anyone would think these people were in business to make a profit rather than waste their time checking 29 returned cameras and processing refunds.

You are joking aren't you? I bet camera shop owners run screaming at the sight of you. No, you are joking.

-- hide signature --

Leif Goodwin's gear list:Leif Goodwin's gear list
Nikon D200 Nikon D600 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 300mm f/4D ED-IF Nikon AF-S Micro-Nikkor 60mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF Micro-Nikkor 60mm f/2.8D +4 more
aarif
aarif Veteran Member • Posts: 9,088
hahaha
 aarif's gear list:aarif's gear list
Konica Minolta Maxxum 7D Nikon D3S Canon EOS-1D Mark IV Sony SLT-A77 Nikon D600 +1 more
OP YD Forum Member • Posts: 54

The worst part is that I can't use these cameras as they covered in ketchup from a food shoot. I have my own company specializing in spec work photographs of restaurant meals. I trade the photos to restaurant owners for the meals, but most restaurant owners do not like really well photogaphs apparently. Nikon talks about water resistant sealing but I guess ketchup is some sort of exception.

HobbiesAreFun
HobbiesAreFun Senior Member • Posts: 2,457

You are abusing a privilege.

-- hide signature --

-Eric (18 years old with tons of things I can't wait to learn)
http://eswenson.smugmug.com

HobbiesAreFun's gear list:HobbiesAreFun's gear list
Nikon D800E Nikon AF-S Nikkor 28-70mm f/2.8 ED-IF Sigma 50-500mm F4.5-6.3 DG OS HSM Nikon AF-Nikkor 80-200mm f/2.8D ED Samyang 14mm F2.8 IF ED MC Aspherical +3 more
MisterHairy Senior Member • Posts: 2,202

YD wrote:

The worst part is that I can't use these cameras as they covered in ketchup from a food shoot. I have my own company specializing in spec work photographs of restaurant meals. I trade the photos to restaurant owners for the meals, but most restaurant owners do not like really well photogaphs apparently. Nikon talks about water resistant sealing but I guess ketchup is some sort of exception.

I'm calling BS. You seem to be able to spell (mostly )

MisterHairy's gear list:MisterHairy's gear list
Nikon D700 Nikon Df Nikon D810 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II +19 more
lickity split
lickity split Senior Member • Posts: 4,083
You can kiss.....

Your $3244.56 in rewards dollars goodbye.. :((

lickity split's gear list:lickity split's gear list
Nikon D3S Nikon D810 Nikon D850 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 600mm f/4G ED VR +11 more
Leif Goodwin Senior Member • Posts: 1,390

YD wrote:

-- hide signature --

Leif Goodwin's gear list:Leif Goodwin's gear list
Nikon D200 Nikon D600 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 300mm f/4D ED-IF Nikon AF-S Micro-Nikkor 60mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF Micro-Nikkor 60mm f/2.8D +4 more
(unknown member) Veteran Member • Posts: 4,624
Re: Problem returning 29 cameras to B&H Photo - of course

YD wrote:

Of course, chili sauce would have been okay, but the ketchip has in corn syrup, which gums up the shutter and leaves the sensor with oil spots. Which one has to clean with diesel oil.

-- hide signature --

Amateur photographer. Enjoy.....believe in yourself..

HobbiesAreFun wrote:

-- hide signature --

Very pointed. +1

-- hide signature --

laddsmith Regular Member • Posts: 293

ROTFL-and if you don't get it, Google It.  Great Post!! Still laughing.  Ketchup is a big problem for me as well, especially if there is maple syrup and soy sauce involved.  Only solution is immersion in an acid/diesel oil bath and scrubbing the sensor with a wire brush.

-- hide signature --

Ladd Smith

laddsmith's gear list:laddsmith's gear list
Fujifilm X-Pro2 Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 10-24mm F4 R OIS Fujifilm XF 56mm F1.2 R Fujifilm XF 18-135mm F3.5-5.6 R LM OIS WR +3 more
K10D Contributing Member • Posts: 810

HobbiesAreFun wrote:

-- hide signature --

This worst thing about this thread is that some people believe that it's true. Are you serious?

-- hide signature --

Bob
Perth, Western Australia

eajames
eajames Regular Member • Posts: 167

Are you sure the D800 is right for you? Ketchup moire is almost unheard of.

My twelve Otus 55s are arriving tomorrow!!!

K10D wrote:

HobbiesAreFun wrote:

-- hide signature --

This worst thing about this thread is that some people believe that it's true. Are you serious?

-- hide signature --

Bob
Perth, Western Australia

You need to ask yourself, what privilege is the OP abusing, to understand Hobbiesarefun's post.

-- hide signature --

iwannabesedated Senior Member • Posts: 1,489

YD wrote:

I told that I wanted to try the 30 and pick the best one and returning the remaining 29 is a normal practice at every other camera store except there store apparently. I routinly buy 30 items at Best Buy and return the 29 I don't want.

30?! That's a ridiculously small sample size. I generally order at least 50, and then pick the best of the lot. If you restrict yourself to 30, you run the risk of getting stuck with a suboptimal copy. Regards. -iwbs

iwannabesedated's gear list:iwannabesedated's gear list
Nikon D800E Nikon D810 Nikon D500
Nikonparrothead Veteran Member • Posts: 5,079
There really shouldn't be a problem.

After all you bought the cameras as one transaction and the return is one transaction. There should be no issue.

-- hide signature --

'Nice pen, bet you write good stories with it.'

Nikonparrothead's gear list:Nikonparrothead's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ1 Canon PowerShot S95 Fujifilm FinePix X100 Nikon Coolpix A Panasonic LX100 +13 more
Marianne Oelund Veteran Member • Posts: 7,030
Small-time stuff

YD wrote:

Thirty cameras is nothing to B&H.

Some years ago, two men tried to sell dozens of D2x bodies to B&H as used gear - some $200K worth of cameras.  Suspecting something shady, B&H staff notified NY police.  It turned out that the would-be sellers had stolen the cameras from city traffic installations:  They were "red light" cameras.

-- hide signature --

Qualities possessed by God in infinite proportion: Love, Grace, Power, Righteousness, Wisdom, . . .
Qualities possessed by humans in infinite proportion: Ignorance.
- Marianne

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads