Fuji X100t.....

Started Dec 1, 2013 | Discussions
MikeCD2020
MikeCD2020 Forum Member • Posts: 60
Fuji X100t.....

I have just recieved my X100s after a lengthy wait and lots of soul searching... I had the original X100 and loved it... but with lots of work and a period of time that I just didnt want to make images... I sold it to a friend that is still using it and loves it... it was his first real camera and a way of finding his way photographically.... so... what about this X100t.... ? Well, it is what I would like Fuji to produce... the same body, controls... all the same as the X100s... except with an 85mm f1.4 equivalent lens... together with an X100s this would make perfect sense for so many photographers... much of my travel work and the editorial work I used to do were on 35mm & 85mm primes... originally Nikon FM2's and Nikkor glass... later with Leica M.... two small Fujis today would be very welcome... by many....

I am now, like many.... hating the fact that I cart around heavy DSLR gear... I aint gettin younger... and the quality from the Fuji cameras is excellent... so, who knows... maybe I will ofload my D800 & Zeiss glass and go all Fuji.... Hmmm maybe...

Anyway... thanks for putting up with my ramble... let me know if you would like to see an X100t... and your thoughts....

Meanwhile... here are three images from my new X100s... only shot around 50 frames so far but love the 16Mp files... and a LOT easier to work on than thousands of 36mp files from the D800...

Fujifilm FinePix X100 Fujifilm X100S
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Graham Hill Senior Member • Posts: 1,355
Re: Fuji X100t.....

I'd buy an X100T.

George Paulides Senior Member • Posts: 1,158

That's why they have the X-E1/2. You will just have to wait for the new 56mm lens.

57LowRider Veteran Member • Posts: 3,993

There's certainly precedent for this from Fuji, with their MF cameras of bygone years. They did standard and wide versions in 6x9 (eq focal lengths were something like 28 and 39, but don't quote me on it); there is certainly scope for a "portrait" version of the X100/s.

57LowRider's gear list:57LowRider's gear list
Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm X-T1 Fujifilm X-Pro2 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R +11 more
Graham Hill Senior Member • Posts: 1,355

57LowRider wrote:

There's certainly precedent for this from Fuji, with their MF cameras of bygone years. They did standard and wide versions in 6x9 (eq focal lengths were something like 28 and 39, but don't quote me on it); there is certainly scope for a "portrait" version of the X100/s.

All Fujifilm has to do is copy Sigma's DPxM series.

MikeCD2020
OP MikeCD2020 Forum Member • Posts: 60

Whilst the new XE-2 looks like a great camera... and when the 56mm comes along it will be a great combination... I would still prefer a fixed lens version... the advantages of the leaf shutter and the fact that the sensor is not prone to dust & debris when changing lenses just adds to the appeal....

Now if you had an X100s & the WA Adapter... along with my X100t... and an adapter that took the lens down to around 50mm equivalent... you would have, in my view... a fantastic kit that would be so light and easy to use it would change the way a photojournalist or travel photographer could work....

Thanks for all the input...

Mike

Ricardo Maia Regular Member • Posts: 183

Instead of a new camera, I would like to see that made with some sort of an adaptor...

Ricardo Maia's gear list:Ricardo Maia's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix F31fd Canon PowerShot G12 Fujifilm X100S
Spud0 Regular Member • Posts: 292

I'm 100% new to Fuji(don't even own one yet) and coming from your standard DSLR background.

I want to get myself an X series camera for Xmas(HAH!) but I'm having an extremely difficult time choosing between an x100s and a x-e1(mainly because of the recent steep discounts creating a pretty wide price difference).

I know I'd likely be very happy with either - but the x100s seems like the perfect little setup. Especially for travel and street photography/portraits of friends.

Anyway - nice post, I enjoyed your images.

Spud0's gear list:Spud0's gear list
Fujifilm X100T Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 27mm F2.8
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads