Test of D600 from Cameta

Started Nov 24, 2013 | Discussions
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
Shaun_Nyc
Shaun_Nyc Senior Member • Posts: 2,279
yawn

jjsterling wrote:

Well I got my D600 ( serial # 300xxxx - 687 shutters) from Cameta Camera yesterday 12/3/13 with the recent $1299 pricing and it has over 25 spots that I can see at f/22 at 200mm with my 70-200 and yes of blue sky

Now I wonder if I should call up Nikon and send it to them for cleaning or replacement or Cameta

I guess they never refurbished as the outside of the pretty Nikon box indicates . A little misleading wouldn't you say.

I don't want to spend the time wet cleaning it, never done it before and I don't think I should have to since it is suppose to have come clean to start.

I wonder who I would return it to if I so desire. Nikon or Cameta.

++++++++++++++++++++

If you don't want to send it in then you should have bought a 610, sick of you whiners ! You knew the 600 was a gamble.

 Shaun_Nyc's gear list:Shaun_Nyc's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Nikon D50 Nikon D3 Nikon D800 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR +10 more
Summer710 New Member • Posts: 1
Re: Test of D600 from Cameta

For those who went in on the $1299 Cameta special on the D600, those cameras were not guaranteed as 'Factory Refurbished" - instead, what the ad stated was that this batch of cameras was "Reconditioned", which encompassed either straight customer returns, floor samples, etc, which could be examined by a third-party technician (not necessarily Nikon) to ensure technical functionality, reboxed, and resold.    I was curious about the term "reconditioned" and clicked on the term descriptor on their website.  I think the D600 cameras now currently offered are actual "Factory Refurbished" (by Nikon), hence the slightly higher price.

I think Cameta technically was in their right to offer $1299 for the "Reconditioned" cameras (it was stated on the ad) - alot of people, however, didn't clarify the difference between "Reconditioned" vs "Factory Refurbished", and simply assumed all non-new D600 MUST be "Factory Refurbished".  Caveat emptor, I suppose...or maybe the devil is in the details.  I've not purchased from Cameta, but I understand they have an acceptable return policy, plus they extend the service warranty up to one-year.

Power2g Regular Member • Posts: 109
Re: Test of D600 from Cameta
1

jjsterling wrote:

Anybody test their D600 they got from Cameta in the last week

I see one person has spots

-- hide signature --

++

I received my camera Dec. 5th and yes it has the oil splash even though it is a refurbished model.  I'm going to send it to Nikon and call it a day.  The $1399 price with only 422 actuations and a 1 year warranty is hard to beat.

BTW, I spoke to Cameta Customer Service and I asked if the shutter was replaced in the refurbished cameras and it was stated more than likely they were not. However, if it is sent in for repair directly to Nikon or through Cameta the shutter will be replaced as the permanent fix for the oil splash.  Refurbished sold camera's may not necessarily mean the shutter was replaced just that it was returned to manufacture specifications.

-- hide signature --

Keep the art of photography alive
******************************

 Power2g's gear list:Power2g's gear list
Nikon D800
Rick Knepper Forum Pro • Posts: 13,299
Why is anyone still buying then D600?

Did you get it for $99.99 plus 1000 reward points and a Cameta tote bag?

It's unfixable hence the D610.

jjsterling wrote:

Well I got my D600 ( serial # 300xxxx - 687 shutters) from Cameta Camera yesterday 12/3/13 with the recent $1299 pricing and it has over 25 spots that I can see at f/22 at 200mm with my 70-200 and yes of blue sky

Now I wonder if I should call up Nikon and send it to them for cleaning or replacement or Cameta

I guess they never refurbished as the outside of the pretty Nikon box indicates . A little misleading wouldn't you say.

I don't want to spend the time wet cleaning it, never done it before and I don't think I should have to since it is suppose to have come clean to start.

I wonder who I would return it to if I so desire. Nikon or Cameta.

++++++++++++++++++++

-- hide signature --

Rick Knepper, photographer, non-professional, shooting for pleasure, check my profile for gear list and philosophy. Just say NO! to MAIL-IN REBATES.

 Rick Knepper's gear list:Rick Knepper's gear list
Pentax 645Z Canon EOS 5DS R +2 more
jjsterling OP Forum Member • Posts: 52
Re: Test of D600 from Cameta

If my memory serves me the ad did say "Factory Refurbished". The current ad says "Nikon D600 Digital SLR Camera Body - Factory Refurbished - 25488 "

In fact the order confirmation says "factory refurbished "and the box the camera came in says "refurbished "

Sure I anticipated a potential of some problems. However being "Factory Refurbished" I would have thought they would have addressed the issue in some manner but that appears not to have done.

Nikon has hurt their reputation by not addressing this problem from the start.  I'm sure people have talked about this to all ends.  So I won't go on.

BTW I have been able to blow off a lot of sensors dust. But Monday I plan on sending it to Nikon for further work. The phone support says that it takes 7-10 days to clean and 2-3 weeks for the whole process. I wonder if I drive it up to their office it would faster. Doubt it.

Josh152 Senior Member • Posts: 1,896
Re: Why is anyone still buying then D600?
1

Rick Knepper wrote:

Did you get it for $99.99 plus 1000 reward points and a Cameta tote bag?

It's unfixable hence the D610.

jjsterling wrote:

Well I got my D600 ( serial # 300xxxx - 687 shutters) from Cameta Camera yesterday 12/3/13 with the recent $1299 pricing and it has over 25 spots that I can see at f/22 at 200mm with my 70-200 and yes of blue sky

Now I wonder if I should call up Nikon and send it to them for cleaning or replacement or Cameta

I guess they never refurbished as the outside of the pretty Nikon box indicates . A little misleading wouldn't you say.

I don't want to spend the time wet cleaning it, never done it before and I don't think I should have to since it is suppose to have come clean to start.

I wonder who I would return it to if I so desire. Nikon or Cameta.

++++++++++++++++++++

-- hide signature --

Rick Knepper, photographer, non-professional, shooting for pleasure, check my profile for gear list and philosophy. Just say NO! to MAIL-IN REBATES.

Wrong.  Many people have report no more problems once Nikon replaced the shutter.  Lens rentals has reported the D610 shutter looks exactly the same as the D600 shutter.  The only reason the D610 exists is because of internet hysteria like your post that ruined the reputation of a perfectly good camera that just had a manufacturing defect in some of the production runs, not even the majority of them either.

We never heard from the silent majority of thousands of D600 users that had no problems at all and so no reason to go online and post about the camera. So the skewed perception online was that all D600s had the problem when they didn't.  Rather than fight this negative and incorrect perception Nikon just improved a couple of small things so they could rename the camera to the D610 after the defect was sorted out by passing the need to convince the online community that the D600 was "fixed" when only a small number of them ever had the problem anyway.

Leif Goodwin Senior Member • Posts: 1,390
Re: Test of D600 from Cameta
1

Alpha Tech wrote:

Leif Goodwin wrote:

Get yourself a (clean) brush, and dust if off yourself. Fingers crossed it is dust, or small particles, not oil.

I recommend waiting until the OP has a confirmation that is not an oil spot in the posted image. If oil is on the sensor, a brush could make the issue worse and lead to sensor damage with scratches.

Yet more FUD.

I have one of the expensive, battery operated Visible Dust brushes which I stopped using on Nikon cameras after the D300. There is too much risk of oil splatter with models from the D3 and onward. The oil can be transferred to the brush. There is no easy method of cleaning the brush after that occurs.

So whenever we see spots, we should send it it Nikon to see if it is oil, and if not, we can use a brush? The nonsense on this forum is sometimes unbelievable. A brush can be cleaned in pure solvent such as Eclipse. Or discarded. If a camera regularly produces oil spots, send it back.

-- hide signature --

______________________________
Warning: this forum may contain nuts.
www.leifgoodwin.co.uk

 Leif Goodwin's gear list:Leif Goodwin's gear list
Nikon D200 Nikon D600 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 300mm f/4D ED-IF Nikon AF-S Micro-Nikkor 60mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF Micro-Nikkor 60mm f/2.8D +4 more
Leif Goodwin Senior Member • Posts: 1,390
Re: Why is anyone still buying then D600?
1

Josh152 wrote:

Rick Knepper wrote:

Did you get it for $99.99 plus 1000 reward points and a Cameta tote bag?

It's unfixable hence the D610.

jjsterling wrote:

Well I got my D600 ( serial # 300xxxx - 687 shutters) from Cameta Camera yesterday 12/3/13 with the recent $1299 pricing and it has over 25 spots that I can see at f/22 at 200mm with my 70-200 and yes of blue sky

Now I wonder if I should call up Nikon and send it to them for cleaning or replacement or Cameta

I guess they never refurbished as the outside of the pretty Nikon box indicates . A little misleading wouldn't you say.

I don't want to spend the time wet cleaning it, never done it before and I don't think I should have to since it is suppose to have come clean to start.

I wonder who I would return it to if I so desire. Nikon or Cameta.

++++++++++++++++++++

-- hide signature --

Rick Knepper, photographer, non-professional, shooting for pleasure, check my profile for gear list and philosophy. Just say NO! to MAIL-IN REBATES.

Wrong. Many people have report no more problems once Nikon replaced the shutter. Lens rentals has reported the D610 shutter looks exactly the same as the D600 shutter. The only reason the D610 exists is because of internet hysteria like your post that ruined the reputation of a perfectly good camera that just had a manufacturing defect in some of the production runs, not even the majority of them either.

We never heard from the silent majority of thousands of D600 users that had no problems at all and so no reason to go online and post about the camera. So the skewed perception online was that all D600s had the problem when they didn't. Rather than fight this negative and incorrect perception Nikon just improved a couple of small things so they could rename the camera to the D610 after the defect was sorted out by passing the need to convince the online community that the D600 was "fixed" when only a small number of them ever had the problem anyway.

Well said. And if you buy a returned camera, that surely greatly increases the chance it is one of the problem units.

I asked here for recent buyers to give their experience and I think they were all positive.

-- hide signature --

______________________________
Warning: this forum may contain nuts.
www.leifgoodwin.co.uk

 Leif Goodwin's gear list:Leif Goodwin's gear list
Nikon D200 Nikon D600 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 300mm f/4D ED-IF Nikon AF-S Micro-Nikkor 60mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF Micro-Nikkor 60mm f/2.8D +4 more
Josh152 Senior Member • Posts: 1,896
Re: Why is anyone still buying then D600?

Leif Goodwin wrote:

Josh152 wrote:

Rick Knepper wrote:

Did you get it for $99.99 plus 1000 reward points and a Cameta tote bag?

It's unfixable hence the D610.

jjsterling wrote:

Well I got my D600 ( serial # 300xxxx - 687 shutters) from Cameta Camera yesterday 12/3/13 with the recent $1299 pricing and it has over 25 spots that I can see at f/22 at 200mm with my 70-200 and yes of blue sky

Now I wonder if I should call up Nikon and send it to them for cleaning or replacement or Cameta

I guess they never refurbished as the outside of the pretty Nikon box indicates . A little misleading wouldn't you say.

I don't want to spend the time wet cleaning it, never done it before and I don't think I should have to since it is suppose to have come clean to start.

I wonder who I would return it to if I so desire. Nikon or Cameta.

++++++++++++++++++++

-- hide signature --

Rick Knepper, photographer, non-professional, shooting for pleasure, check my profile for gear list and philosophy. Just say NO! to MAIL-IN REBATES.

Wrong. Many people have report no more problems once Nikon replaced the shutter. Lens rentals has reported the D610 shutter looks exactly the same as the D600 shutter. The only reason the D610 exists is because of internet hysteria like your post that ruined the reputation of a perfectly good camera that just had a manufacturing defect in some of the production runs, not even the majority of them either.

We never heard from the silent majority of thousands of D600 users that had no problems at all and so no reason to go online and post about the camera. So the skewed perception online was that all D600s had the problem when they didn't. Rather than fight this negative and incorrect perception Nikon just improved a couple of small things so they could rename the camera to the D610 after the defect was sorted out by passing the need to convince the online community that the D600 was "fixed" when only a small number of them ever had the problem anyway.

Well said. And if you buy a returned camera, that surely greatly increases the chance it is one of the problem units.

I asked here for recent buyers to give their experience and I think they were all positive.

-- hide signature --

______________________________
Warning: this forum may contain nuts.
www.leifgoodwin.co.uk

True.  Most of the people who didn't have problem just kept their D600s and have no reason to get a D610 so almost all the refurb D600s out their now are more than likely returns from people who had the dust/oil issues.  Even the people selling used ones on eBay are probably people trying to get rid of problem D600s so they can replace them with D610s.  So there are good deals to be had as long as one assumes when buying that they will have to send the camera to Nikon to get the shutter replaced or deal with cleaning the sensor a lot.

Alpha Tech Regular Member • Posts: 406
Re: Test of D600 from Cameta
1

Leif Goodwin wrote:

Alpha Tech wrote:

Leif Goodwin wrote:

Get yourself a (clean) brush, and dust if off yourself. Fingers crossed it is dust, or small particles, not oil.

I recommend waiting until the OP has a confirmation that is not an oil spot in the posted image. If oil is on the sensor, a brush could make the issue worse and lead to sensor damage with scratches.

Yet more FUD.

I have one of the expensive, battery operated Visible Dust brushes which I stopped using on Nikon cameras after the D300. There is too much risk of oil splatter with models from the D3 and onward. The oil can be transferred to the brush. There is no easy method of cleaning the brush after that occurs.

So whenever we see spots, we should send it it Nikon to see if it is oil, and if not, we can use a brush? The nonsense on this forum is sometimes unbelievable. A brush can be cleaned in pure solvent such as Eclipse. Or discarded. If a camera regularly produces oil spots, send it back.

Yes, the nonsense on this forum is incredible alright. Including posts like yours that infer one has to send the camera to Nikon for cleaning.

Buy a good wet sensor cleaning kit and quit whining when helpful posts are made by others.

 Alpha Tech's gear list:Alpha Tech's gear list
Nikon Df Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.8G Special Edition
Leif Goodwin Senior Member • Posts: 1,390
Re: Test of D600 from Cameta
1

Alpha Tech wrote:

Leif Goodwin wrote:

Alpha Tech wrote:

Leif Goodwin wrote:

Get yourself a (clean) brush, and dust if off yourself. Fingers crossed it is dust, or small particles, not oil.

I recommend waiting until the OP has a confirmation that is not an oil spot in the posted image. If oil is on the sensor, a brush could make the issue worse and lead to sensor damage with scratches.

Yet more FUD.

I have one of the expensive, battery operated Visible Dust brushes which I stopped using on Nikon cameras after the D300. There is too much risk of oil splatter with models from the D3 and onward. The oil can be transferred to the brush. There is no easy method of cleaning the brush after that occurs.

So whenever we see spots, we should send it it Nikon to see if it is oil, and if not, we can use a brush? The nonsense on this forum is sometimes unbelievable. A brush can be cleaned in pure solvent such as Eclipse. Or discarded. If a camera regularly produces oil spots, send it back.

Yes, the nonsense on this forum is incredible alright. Including posts like yours that infer one has to send the camera to Nikon for cleaning.

Then learn to express yourself more clearly.

Buy a good wet sensor cleaning kit and quit whining when helpful posts are made by others.

Your post was ill informed. If you cannot cope with people pointing out errors, don't post online.

-- hide signature --

______________________________
Warning: this forum may contain nuts.
www.leifgoodwin.co.uk

 Leif Goodwin's gear list:Leif Goodwin's gear list
Nikon D200 Nikon D600 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 300mm f/4D ED-IF Nikon AF-S Micro-Nikkor 60mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF Micro-Nikkor 60mm f/2.8D +4 more
Alpha Tech Regular Member • Posts: 406
Re: Test of D600 from Cameta

Leif Goodwin wrote:

Alpha Tech wrote:

Leif Goodwin wrote:

Alpha Tech wrote:

Leif Goodwin wrote:

Get yourself a (clean) brush, and dust if off yourself. Fingers crossed it is dust, or small particles, not oil.

I recommend waiting until the OP has a confirmation that is not an oil spot in the posted image. If oil is on the sensor, a brush could make the issue worse and lead to sensor damage with scratches.

Yet more FUD.

I have one of the expensive, battery operated Visible Dust brushes which I stopped using on Nikon cameras after the D300. There is too much risk of oil splatter with models from the D3 and onward. The oil can be transferred to the brush. There is no easy method of cleaning the brush after that occurs.

So whenever we see spots, we should send it it Nikon to see if it is oil, and if not, we can use a brush? The nonsense on this forum is sometimes unbelievable. A brush can be cleaned in pure solvent such as Eclipse. Or discarded. If a camera regularly produces oil spots, send it back.

Yes, the nonsense on this forum is incredible alright. Including posts like yours that infer one has to send the camera to Nikon for cleaning.

Then learn to express yourself more clearly.

Buy a good wet sensor cleaning kit and quit whining when helpful posts are made by others.

Your post was ill informed. If you cannot cope with people pointing out errors, don't post online.

Your post is nonsense. If you cannot handle other forum members pointing out your mistakes, then SHUT UP! You did nothing but complain, which is obviously the norm for you in these forums.

 Alpha Tech's gear list:Alpha Tech's gear list
Nikon Df Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.8G Special Edition
Red G8R
Red G8R Senior Member • Posts: 1,730
Re: Test of D600 from Cameta
1

I can't believe this topic is still being discussed. Anyone buying a D600 should know the risks by now. If you were worried, you should have bought the D610.

-- hide signature --

Peter
Ontario, Canada

 Red G8R's gear list:Red G8R's gear list
Nikon D4 Fujifilm X-T1 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED +11 more
Malangbaba Forum Member • Posts: 91
Re: Test of D600 from Cameta

Red G8R wrote:

I can't believe this topic is still being discussed. Anyone buying a D600 should know the risks by now. If you were worried, you should have bought the D610.

-- hide signature --

Peter
Ontario, Canada

D610 just came out recently. Are we sure it is free of any problems?

Just a thought worth maybe two cents.

Sam

Leif Goodwin Senior Member • Posts: 1,390
Re: Test of D600 from Cameta
1

Alpha Tech wrote:

Leif Goodwin wrote:

Alpha Tech wrote:

Leif Goodwin wrote:

Alpha Tech wrote:

Leif Goodwin wrote:

Get yourself a (clean) brush, and dust if off yourself. Fingers crossed it is dust, or small particles, not oil.

I recommend waiting until the OP has a confirmation that is not an oil spot in the posted image. If oil is on the sensor, a brush could make the issue worse and lead to sensor damage with scratches.

Yet more FUD.

I have one of the expensive, battery operated Visible Dust brushes which I stopped using on Nikon cameras after the D300. There is too much risk of oil splatter with models from the D3 and onward. The oil can be transferred to the brush. There is no easy method of cleaning the brush after that occurs.

So whenever we see spots, we should send it it Nikon to see if it is oil, and if not, we can use a brush? The nonsense on this forum is sometimes unbelievable. A brush can be cleaned in pure solvent such as Eclipse. Or discarded. If a camera regularly produces oil spots, send it back.

Yes, the nonsense on this forum is incredible alright. Including posts like yours that infer one has to send the camera to Nikon for cleaning.

Then learn to express yourself more clearly.

Buy a good wet sensor cleaning kit and quit whining when helpful posts are made by others.

Your post was ill informed. If you cannot cope with people pointing out errors, don't post online.

Your post is nonsense. If you cannot handle other forum members pointing out your mistakes, then SHUT UP! You did nothing but complain, which is obviously the norm for you in these forums.

You seem very insecure given how angry and aggressive you are. Please read on up sensor cleaning.

-- hide signature --

______________________________
Warning: this forum may contain nuts.
www.leifgoodwin.co.uk

 Leif Goodwin's gear list:Leif Goodwin's gear list
Nikon D200 Nikon D600 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 300mm f/4D ED-IF Nikon AF-S Micro-Nikkor 60mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF Micro-Nikkor 60mm f/2.8D +4 more
D200_4me Veteran Member • Posts: 3,887
Why? Because....

It's a great camera. Nikon swapped out my shutter too

http://www.openbloom.com/CAMERAGEAR/Nikon-D600-Gallery

-- hide signature --
 D200_4me's gear list:D200_4me's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Nikon Df Nikon D750 Nikon AF Micro-Nikkor 60mm f/2.8D +7 more
Alpha Tech Regular Member • Posts: 406
Re: Test of D600 from Cameta

Leif Goodwin wrote:

Alpha Tech wrote:

Leif Goodwin wrote:

Alpha Tech wrote:

Leif Goodwin wrote:

Alpha Tech wrote:

Leif Goodwin wrote:

Get yourself a (clean) brush, and dust if off yourself. Fingers crossed it is dust, or small particles, not oil.

I recommend waiting until the OP has a confirmation that is not an oil spot in the posted image. If oil is on the sensor, a brush could make the issue worse and lead to sensor damage with scratches.

Yet more FUD.

I have one of the expensive, battery operated Visible Dust brushes which I stopped using on Nikon cameras after the D300. There is too much risk of oil splatter with models from the D3 and onward. The oil can be transferred to the brush. There is no easy method of cleaning the brush after that occurs.

So whenever we see spots, we should send it it Nikon to see if it is oil, and if not, we can use a brush? The nonsense on this forum is sometimes unbelievable. A brush can be cleaned in pure solvent such as Eclipse. Or discarded. If a camera regularly produces oil spots, send it back.

Yes, the nonsense on this forum is incredible alright. Including posts like yours that infer one has to send the camera to Nikon for cleaning.

Then learn to express yourself more clearly.

Buy a good wet sensor cleaning kit and quit whining when helpful posts are made by others.

Your post was ill informed. If you cannot cope with people pointing out errors, don't post online.

Your post is nonsense. If you cannot handle other forum members pointing out your mistakes, then SHUT UP! You did nothing but complain, which is obviously the norm for you in these forums.

You seem very insecure given how angry and aggressive you are. Please read on up sensor cleaning.

You are very forgetful that YOU attacked me. That's where the insecurity began -- with YOU.

A brush is NOT the proper tool to remove oil from a sensor. Learn how to use a wet sensor cleaning kit.

 Alpha Tech's gear list:Alpha Tech's gear list
Nikon Df Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.8G Special Edition
Leif Goodwin Senior Member • Posts: 1,390
Re: Test of D600 from Cameta
1

Alpha Tech wrote:

Leif Goodwin wrote:

Alpha Tech wrote:

Leif Goodwin wrote:

Alpha Tech wrote:

Leif Goodwin wrote:

Alpha Tech wrote:

Leif Goodwin wrote:

Get yourself a (clean) brush, and dust if off yourself. Fingers crossed it is dust, or small particles, not oil.

I recommend waiting until the OP has a confirmation that is not an oil spot in the posted image. If oil is on the sensor, a brush could make the issue worse and lead to sensor damage with scratches.

Yet more FUD.

I have one of the expensive, battery operated Visible Dust brushes which I stopped using on Nikon cameras after the D300. There is too much risk of oil splatter with models from the D3 and onward. The oil can be transferred to the brush. There is no easy method of cleaning the brush after that occurs.

So whenever we see spots, we should send it it Nikon to see if it is oil, and if not, we can use a brush? The nonsense on this forum is sometimes unbelievable. A brush can be cleaned in pure solvent such as Eclipse. Or discarded. If a camera regularly produces oil spots, send it back.

Yes, the nonsense on this forum is incredible alright. Including posts like yours that infer one has to send the camera to Nikon for cleaning.

Then learn to express yourself more clearly.

Buy a good wet sensor cleaning kit and quit whining when helpful posts are made by others.

Your post was ill informed. If you cannot cope with people pointing out errors, don't post online.

Your post is nonsense. If you cannot handle other forum members pointing out your mistakes, then SHUT UP! You did nothing but complain, which is obviously the norm for you in these forums.

You seem very insecure given how angry and aggressive you are. Please read on up sensor cleaning.

You are very forgetful that YOU attacked me. That's where the insecurity began -- with YOU.

No, I did not attack you, I said that what you said was nonsense. I did not say that you are whining and I did not tell you to shut up. There is a difference between criticising a technical statement, and personal abuse.

A brush is NOT the proper tool to remove oil from a sensor.

That is true but that is is not what you said. I made a statement that your advice was nonsense. I use a blower, a brush and wet cleaning, when appropriate, and in that order for the simple reason that wet cleaning is the most time consuming and more likely to cause issues, although when done with care it is fine. A brush when used properly is not more likely to scratch the sensor. And any oil if present would be minuscule, and removable with Eclipse or other solvent.

Learn how to use a wet sensor cleaning kit.

I did that 10 years ago.

-- hide signature --

______________________________
Warning: this forum may contain nuts.
www.leifgoodwin.co.uk

 Leif Goodwin's gear list:Leif Goodwin's gear list
Nikon D200 Nikon D600 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 300mm f/4D ED-IF Nikon AF-S Micro-Nikkor 60mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF Micro-Nikkor 60mm f/2.8D +4 more
Josh152 Senior Member • Posts: 1,896
Re: Test of D600 from Cameta
2

Leif Goodwin wrote:

There is a difference between criticising a technical statement, and personal abuse.


______________________________
Warning: this forum may contain nuts.
www.leifgoodwin.co.uk

If more people would realize this and stop getting their feelings hurt every time they are disagreed with DPR would be a much better place.

toomanycanons Forum Pro • Posts: 10,797
Re: Test of D600 from Cameta
2

jjsterling wrote:

Anybody test their D600 they got from Cameta in the last week

I see one person has spots

-- hide signature --

++

Which has nothing to do with Cameta.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads