Low light hi ISO GM1 12-32 & 20mm lens indoor portraits

Started Nov 24, 2013 | Discussions
imashination Regular Member • Posts: 406
Re: Low light hi ISO GM1 12-32 & 20mm lens indoor portraits

Because the poster is quite possibly, and I make no exaggeration here, the worst photographer in the universe. He buys every single camera and every single lens thats sold in a quest to get better pictures.

Its like watching a golfer who's never managed to get a par score, spend tens of thousands on new equipment because it simply must be the clubs which are at fault.

PC Wheeler
PC Wheeler Forum Pro • Posts: 17,434

ristar wrote:

I really don't understand all the negativity and personal attacks in this thread... Thanks for posting these examples. I appreciate seeing samples for a new camera and lens combination and I'm sure others do too!

I'm with you. No point in all the negativism and off-topic comments. Best no comment at all!

I'm impressed with the results shown at ISO 6400 and other high ISOs. The casual snapshot seems to be a good use of the GM1. And curiously I'm watching a video on an iPad which may be identical on a folding stand which *is* identical just now.

-- hide signature --

Phil

PC Wheeler's gear list:PC Wheeler's gear list
Panasonic FZ1000 Panasonic ZS100 Sony RX10 IV
miro3 Senior Member • Posts: 2,820

imashination wrote:

Because the poster is quite possibly, and I make no exaggeration here, the worst photographer in the universe. He buys every single camera and every single lens thats sold in a quest to get better pictures.

Its like watching a golfer who's never managed to get a par score, spend tens of thousands on new equipment because it simply must be the clubs which are at fault.

But that's their choice, and it should not concern you.

imashination Regular Member • Posts: 406

Heaven forbid someone point out how ridiculous someone's actions are, no we must only think of butterflies and unicorns here.

Ulric Veteran Member • Posts: 4,448

photo perzon wrote:

Look at that, no banding.

Ulric's gear list:Ulric's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF3 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM1 Olympus PEN-F Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 12-50mm 1:3.5-6.3 EZ +13 more
eastvillager Senior Member • Posts: 1,126

This ones my favorite.

eastvillager's gear list:eastvillager's gear list
Sony RX1R II Nikon D4 Nikon D700 Nikon D810 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 28-70mm f/2.8 ED-IF +2 more
The Jacal
The Jacal Senior Member • Posts: 1,273
Re: More Low light hi ISO GM1 12-32 & 20mm lens indoor portraits

jeffharris wrote:

photo perzon wrote:

OMFG! That thing is ghastly.

I was a bit miffed that it wasn't in the first set of shots.

-- hide signature --

http://www.flickr.com/photos/7467981@N05/
"We are all atheists about most of the gods that humanity has ever believed in. Some of us just go one god further." Richard Dawkins.

The Jacal's gear list:The Jacal's gear list
Olympus SH-50 Olympus Stylus XZ-10 Olympus PEN E-P2 Olympus PEN E-PL1 Olympus PEN E-PL2 +17 more
The Jacal

Wellington100 wrote:

I think that you should take your long suffering saint of a wife on a boketion

Sounds good.

I think I need a boketion too.

-- hide signature --

Doctors are bad for your lifestyle.

-- hide signature --

"We are all atheists about most of the gods that humanity has ever believed in. Some of us just go one god further." Richard Dawkins.

Olympus SH-50 Olympus Stylus XZ-10 Olympus PEN E-P2 Olympus PEN E-PL1 Olympus PEN E-PL2 +17 more
The Jacal
Re: Flower with GM1

photo perzon wrote:

This must be one of your most pleasing shots, at least to my eye. It looks as if you've had a stab at composition.

I remember when you left m43, complaining how whichever camera it was was a sixteenth of an ounce too heavy for you, then there was the Nikon A / Ricoh GR situation; you bought a Nikon A, then trolled about it, critcising the Ricoh, now you have a Ricoh. It's nearly two ounces lighter, that must've been the clincher.

The point is, I'm waiting for it to happen again.

Please stay, I ,for one, have missed you here.

P.S. Are you going to get the Stylus 1?

-- hide signature --

AG
AG Regular Member • Posts: 291

So anyone here, who has capabilities not to insult and p--s off other people can expose his opinion on camera low light performance using accumulated experience ?

I am truly amateur and not dare to judge. My E-P5 is too much camera for me, and E-PM2 build is lower to my like( feels too plastic) though with option of Viewfinder & build in stabilization. So, collecting opinions where to go. Thanks in advance.

And thanks for samples. We all often taking memory pictures. Just moments of our life. Not every picture got to be art and nobody forced to reply to this thread.

AG's gear list:AG's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM1 Olympus PEN E-P5 Nokia Lumia 1520 Nokia Lumia 920
photo perzon
OP photo perzon Veteran Member • Posts: 4,522
Re: Flower with GM1

The Jacal wrote:

photo perzon wrote:

This must be one of your most pleasing shots, at least to my eye. It looks as if you've had a stab at composition.

I remember when you left m43, complaining how whichever camera it was was a sixteenth of an ounce too heavy for you, then there was the Nikon A / Ricoh GR situation; you bought a Nikon A, then trolled about it, critcising the Ricoh, now you have a Ricoh. It's nearly two ounces lighter, that must've been the clincher.

The point is, I'm waiting for it to happen again.

Please stay, I ,for one, have missed you here.

P.S. Are you going to get the Stylus 1?

-- hide signature --

I saw a youtube movie with the Stylus 1 taking a loong time to AF

I read a review saying it focuses slowly

I'd rather then keep my 40-150 with the E-PL6

photo perzon's gear list:photo perzon's gear list
Fujifilm X100F Fujifilm X70 Olympus Stylus 1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS50
Moti Veteran Member • Posts: 7,947
You deserve an award...

How do you do that wonderful trick that makes all your photos always look exactly the sane, no matter what camera you are using. Maybe all cameras in the world are the same after all.

Well, except skin tones. sometimes you make them look bad, sometimes worse.

Moti

-- hide signature --
s_grins
s_grins Forum Pro • Posts: 11,772

Please, do not talk about skin tones.

If you want the best of skin tones, you have to use gray card and set custom white balance. I know you can afford gray card, and the whole custom WB procedure takes less than 15 sec.

Regards

S.

P.S. Can you post 2-3 landscapes taken at daylight?

-- hide signature --

Looking for equilibrium...

s_grins's gear list:s_grins's gear list
Panasonic G85 Sigma 60mm F2.8 DN Art Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Sigma 30mm F2.8 EX DN Samyang 12mm F2 NCS CS +3 more
broody Contributing Member • Posts: 674

photo perzon has done it again. thread of the year

broody's gear list:broody's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM1 Canon EOS 5D Mark II Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm F1.8 Panasonic Leica Summilux DG 25mm F1.4 +5 more
The Jacal

s_grins wrote:

Please, do not talk about skin tones.

If you want the best of skin tones, you have to use gray card and set custom white balance. I know you can afford gray card, and the whole custom WB procedure takes less than 15 sec.

Regards

S.

P.S. Can you post 2-3 landscapes taken at daylight?

At a ridiculously high iso.

-- hide signature --

Looking for equilibrium...

-- hide signature --

micksh6
micksh6 Senior Member • Posts: 2,613

PC Wheeler wrote:

ristar wrote:

I really don't understand all the negativity and personal attacks in this thread... Thanks for posting these examples. I appreciate seeing samples for a new camera and lens combination and I'm sure others do too!

I'm with you. No point in all the negativism and off-topic comments. Best no comment at all!

There is no need to defend photo perzon from other people. By doing so you are insulting him more than people joking at his photos because you are suggesting that he is uncapable to understand traditional photo qualities. I'm pretty sure photo perzon understands what's going on.

If I had as much money and free time as photo perzon does I probably would be trolling this very conservative forum just like he does. But, I haven't got these so I'm glad photo perzon is here.

micksh6's gear list:micksh6's gear list
Olympus PEN E-PL5 Olympus E-M1 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 75mm F1.8 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm F1.8 Samyang 7.5mm F3.5 UMC Fisheye MFT +6 more
Acrill
Acrill Senior Member • Posts: 2,655

miro3 wrote:

But that's their choice, and it should not concern you.

If it is posted in a public forum then chances are it will be publicly discussed.

Acrill's gear list:Acrill's gear list
Fujifilm X-T20 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R Fujifilm XF 60mm F2.4 R Macro Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS
Vedochiaro
Vedochiaro Forum Member • Posts: 63

Wellington100 wrote:

I don't mean to offend, but my wife would've thrown my off the house, had I posted her pictures  (lots of them) on a crowded forum.
For us non english mother language, what's a boketion? I googled it and found nothing.

Vedochiaro's gear list:Vedochiaro's gear list
Olympus E-PL7 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 R Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-42mm F3.5-5.6 II ASPH Mega OIS Canon Pixma iP100 +2 more
Ulric Veteran Member • Posts: 4,448

Wellington100 wrote:

I don't mean to offend, but my wife would've thrown my off the house, had I posted her pictures  (lots of them) on a crowded forum.
For us non english mother language, what's a boketion? I googled it and found nothing.

Like a vacation, only blurrier.

Ulric's gear list:Ulric's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF3 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM1 Olympus PEN-F Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 12-50mm 1:3.5-6.3 EZ +13 more
tt321 Forum Pro • Posts: 10,502

imashination wrote:

Heaven forbid someone point out how ridiculous someone's actions are, no we must only think of butterflies and unicorns here.

Look at it in this way. A lot of people take worse pictures than the OP, and yet they own photographic equipment, in many cases SLRs and other types of interchangeable lens systems. In fact it's highly probably that the average photographic skill possessed by all owners of interchangeable lens systems is similar to, if not lower than, that of the OP. Those who imagine themselves as somehow above this should feel thankful to the unworthy masses as they help expand the market, keep manufacturers in business, improve the competition and are therefore more instrumental in maintaining a healthy and diverse universe of cameras and lenses than the truly skilled minority.

Imagine a world where only those who can win professional driving licenses are deemed skilled enough to buy cars, or only those who are graduates from cookery schools are allowed to cook, or only those who can write reasonable code can own computers. Cars, uncooked food and computers will be priced beyond the reaches of normal people and we'd all be using public transport, eating in canteens and playing with sticks and ladders.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads