PowerPoint slideshow

Started Nov 8, 2013 | Questions
GCOTTERL Regular Member • Posts: 129
PowerPoint slideshow

I have created a PowerPoint slideshow containing about 150 digitial images (photos).

When I play the slideshow on my PC, the photos look great.  But, when I play the slideshow on a  projector screen, the photos are off-color or dark.

Do I need to set up or configure my PC and/or PowerPoint so the photos look great on the projector screen?

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
ARShutterbug
ARShutterbug Veteran Member • Posts: 8,973
Get a better projector

The problem is likely to be the fault of the projector, some of which are really bad at displaying accurate colours and gradients.  Did you run a calibration test on your projector from the output device?

WryCuda Veteran Member • Posts: 8,201
Re: PowerPoint slideshow

Digital projectors can fade with time, and have always had quality issues.

HDTVs are very common these days, and connecting your computer to the HDTV might be a better alternative to a projector. Many notebook computers have better resoltion than projectors.

If you don't require the features available with PowerPoint, consider showing you photos directly from a USB stick to the screen; crop 16:9 so they fill the screen. Resolution is 1920 x 1080, and photos look terrific. The new Ultra-HDTVs are 3840 x 2160 which approaches the original resolution of digital photos.

WryCuda's gear list:WryCuda's gear list
Nikon D7100 Sony a6000 Sony Alpha a7
OP GCOTTERL Regular Member • Posts: 129

I want to show the slideshow to 20 people so using an HDTV would not be practicable and my department doesn't have an HDTV)

WryCuda Veteran Member • Posts: 8,201

GCOTTERL wrote:

I want to show the slideshow to 20 people so using an HDTV would not be practicable and my department doesn't have an HDTV)

You can hire projectors.

WryCuda's gear list:WryCuda's gear list
Nikon D7100 Sony a6000 Sony Alpha a7
Mark Scott Abeln
Mark Scott Abeln Forum Pro • Posts: 12,536

GCOTTERL wrote:

I have created a PowerPoint slideshow containing about 150 digitial images (photos).

When I play the slideshow on my PC, the photos look great. But, when I play the slideshow on a projector screen, the photos are off-color or dark.

Do I need to set up or configure my PC and/or PowerPoint so the photos look great on the projector screen?

I’d try to do a basic calibration of the projector.

Take at look at this manual calibration procedure:

http://www.projectorpeople.com/resources/video-calibration.asp

Mark Scott Abeln's gear list:Mark Scott Abeln's gear list
Nikon D200 Nikon D7000 Nikon D750 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm F1.8G Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D +2 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads