Poll - Will you buy a Nikon DF?

Started Nov 6, 2013 | Polls
Regueira Photo and Film Regular Member • Posts: 111
Poll - Will you buy a Nikon DF?

Will you buy a Nikon DF?

Regueira Photo and Film's gear list:Regueira Photo and Film's gear list
Canon ELPH 520 HS Canon EOS M Canon EOS 6D Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L USM +3 more
POLL
Yes, will put my pre-order shortly
6.0% 32  votes
Yes, but will wait until Nikon delivered a few to see own realy works
10.7% 57  votes
May be next year when price drops below $2200
11.2% 60  votes
Only if the price drops below $1800
16.3% 87  votes
No. Never minded. I'd preffer D800's, D610's, D700's or even a D400's if appears...
45.8% 245  votes
I do not shoot Nikon...
10.1% 54  votes
  Show results
Nikon Df
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
OP Regueira Photo and Film Regular Member • Posts: 111
Re: Poll - Will you buy a Nikon DF?

51minutes form poll started... Thank you all!

POLL RESULTS

YES, WILL PUT MY PRE-ORDER SHORTLY                             
 0.0%  0   VOTES

YES, BUT WILL WAIT UNTIL NIKON DELIVERED A FEW TO SEE OWN REALY
WORKS                                                          
 28.6%  4   VOTES

MAY BE NEXT YEAR WHEN PRICE DROPS BELOW $2200                  
 7.1%  1   VOTE

ONLY IF THE PRICE DROPS BELOW $1800                            
 7.1%  1   VOTE

NO. NEVER MINDED. I'D PREFFER D800'S, D610'S, D700'S OR EVEN A D
400'S IF APPEARS...                                            
 50.0%  7   VOTES

I DO NOT SHOOT NIKON...                                        
 7.1%  1   VOTE

-- hide signature --

www.photo.com.uy

Regueira Photo and Film's gear list:Regueira Photo and Film's gear list
Canon ELPH 520 HS Canon EOS M Canon EOS 6D Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L USM +3 more
Hulamike
Hulamike Senior Member • Posts: 2,810

A 51 minute poll???

Eduardoo Regular Member • Posts: 432
There is an option missing in the poll

Regueira Photo and Film wrote:

Will you buy a Nikon DF?

- I do shoot Nikon, I do mind a lot, I don't prefer D610 nor D800, but I won't buy a DF because that fusion thing killed it.

Nikonfan99 Senior Member • Posts: 1,411

The target audience of this camera are in bed (if in the usa) at this time. The commercials should have been a old guy standing in line, waiting to cash his retirement check and this camera hanging off his neck. You need a paper ballot with a hanging chad to get an accurate response for this pole.

This camera is about $1500 overpriced for what it is. The novelty will be worn off and the price will drop big time. This camera is not going to sell the way that nikon thinks it will. It has a specific target that I think may be preoccupied with dial up internet and trying to signup for obama care.

Nikon R&D must be living on another planet. I dont get it. Maybe I am wrong.

Nikonfan99's gear list:Nikonfan99's gear list
Canon EOS 6D Canon EF 100mm F2.8L Macro IS USM Canon EF 40mm f/2.8 STM
CFynn Veteran Member • Posts: 5,224

Maybe when the price drops a bit and we know there are no "issues".

CFynn's gear list:CFynn's gear list
Fujifilm X10 Nikon D800E Nikon D850 Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.4D Nikon AF Nikkor 105mm f/2D DC +15 more
CFynn Veteran Member • Posts: 5,224

Nikonfan99 wrote:

The target audience of this camera are in bed (if in the usa) at this time. The commercials should have been a old guy standing in line, waiting to cash his retirement check and this camera hanging off his neck. You need a paper ballot with a hanging chad to get an accurate response for this pole.

This camera is about $1500 overpriced for what it is. The novelty will be worn off and the price will drop big time. This camera is not going to sell the way that nikon thinks it will. It has a specific target that I think may be preoccupied with dial up internet and trying to signup for obama care.

Nikon R&D must be living on another planet. I dont get it. Maybe I am wrong.

Living on another planet, no - but in a different country. 39% of the Japanese population is over 55 - and perhaps more of that group there have money than the same age group in the USA

CFynn's gear list:CFynn's gear list
Fujifilm X10 Nikon D800E Nikon D850 Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.4D Nikon AF Nikkor 105mm f/2D DC +15 more
Hulamike
Old Man Speaks Out

If that weren't so funny and preposterous I might get mad. I'm 66 and not quite limited to gumming pudding and snoozing in the rocker just yet.

Ill buy the Df because it reminds me of how I started in photography, its cool and has the guts of a high end DSLR. What's not to like? But you have to have started with film and manual SLR to really understand. So call me a sucker to Nikon's sales hype. I don't care. Last time you traded in our perfectly fine D700 for a D800e you did the same thing with even less reason.

btw, when I'm out shooting for fun I use an iPhone on a hand made handle fitted up with an Olloclip fisheye and Manfrotto KLYP LED Light. I trigger it with a Kickstarter remote control shutter release, iShuttr.  Can you even follow that? Just because Im older doesn't mean I'm suffering from dementia or that I haven't stayed current. But then, you're young. You have a right to be dumb.

This is the Subaru outback EddieBauer edition of a nikon camera. Sorry but the price is a joke for what it is.

Re: Old Man Speaks Out

It was not to be an insult to the elderly sir but rather stating the simple fact that it is not in touch with the mass market desire and nikon keeps missing the mark. The commercial was done with a fairly young guy (by my standard) and made it seem like the product was going to breathe new life into what has been missing all along. That is not what the product actually is. It is a product that is geared to appease the "good old-feeling" of days past and at a price of what I would call out of touch with the current nikon line. A product for a few but not for the masses. Less for more. What a deal.

Hulamike

Since when does any manufacturer make any one camera for the masses? Doesn't Nikon have 6 or7 different DSLRs on the market right now? They're all geared to a specific demographic. Why has this particular release so angered people? Nothing I read said we should expect it to me a $1999 D5.

Also going d700 to d800 is a step up which is not the same as paying d800 money for a DF

caspianm Senior Member • Posts: 2,471

Nikonfan99 wrote:

Lame. Get a life. I am in my 60's youngster. Perhaps getting a summer job at McDonald's help you out with your retirement.

caspianm's gear list:caspianm's gear list
Nikon D800E Samsung TL500 Canon PowerShot G1 X Nikon Coolpix B700 Sony a7 +19 more

D5300 $799, D7100 $1149, D610 $1999, D800 $2796 more for the money every step up.

DF $2746? How is this in line?

Tim O'Connor
Tim O'Connor Veteran Member • Posts: 5,406
Oldish Man Speaks Out

Hulamike wrote:

Ill buy the Df because it reminds me of how I started in photography, its cool and has the guts of a high end DSLR. What's not to like? But you have to have started with film and manual SLR to really understand. So call me a sucker to Nikon's sales hype. I don't care.

I started with a Pentax K1000 in the early 80's, and was using Nikon Film gear all the way up to the F100.   I get the retro nostalgia, but I guess I feel the DF is a bit of a missed opportunity.

For the money they are asking, it should have a more advanced AF system than the D610.  Why bother putting in Nikons best low light sensor, and then use the AF module from the D610?  Doesn't make any sense to me.  I know from experience than the D600 can struggle in low light situations.

Personally I detest all the silly locks on the dials (although some love them - I notice that my Nikon FM has no locking button on the shutter speed dial) and the PASM dial is not one of Nikons finest moments

Hope it works out for you, but i wont be drinking the Kool aid on this one

-- hide signature --
 Tim O'Connor's gear list:Tim O'Connor's gear list
Nikon D600 Nikon D500 Sony a7R III Canon EF 400mm f/5.6L USM Canon MP-E 65mm f/2.5 1-5x Macro +18 more
Hulamike

It's a D4 numb nuts, at least one without bells and whistles.

Hulamike

Not likely. He'll just squander that on Xbox toys and new cellphones. Oooh! Colored buttons on the iPhone 5. Ooooh!

Go to bed. You obviously took my post too seriously and want to fight. You have not proven anything. For the record, I am 35 own two d600's, run a wedding photography business, have been shooting weddings since the 90's, started out shooting weddings on an F100 and can respect people wanting to get in touch with days of the past. What still makes no sense is the pricing on the product and sorry if I hit home with my old guy in line analogy. Perhaps it was not too far off since obviously you came to the defense of nikon charging an outrageous price for something that offers less. If you pay for products based on emotional feelings so be it. Just dont expect it to make sense to the "common man". Btw, I dont own an xbox or have a gold Iphone. Much like a gold iphone, the novelty of this thing will wear out too.

Hulamike

All the way back to the 90s? Gee, No Kidding? I'm impressed. I started shooting professionally in 1968, bought an F2 in 1978 i believe. Loved that camera. I plan on loving the Df for many of the same features. Only this time ill have a 16 MP full frame image. Sweet.

you can't win this little exchange you know because your underlying position is faulty. All you got is that you don't like a new camera release for some reason. That has no bearing on my decision to like and buy it. Put it to rest. What's the point?

Leonard Shepherd
Leonard Shepherd Forum Pro • Posts: 17,009
Re: An interesting result

Regueira Photo and Film wrote:

51minutes form poll started... Thank you all!

POLL RESULTS

The sample is small but of the Nikon users I make it 6 said yes and 7 said no.

Maybe the result indicates the opinion of many who are posting to the effect Nikon have been "village idiots" to launch this not cheap camera is somewhat different to reality.

-- hide signature --

Leonard Shepherd
Many problems turn out to be a lack of intimate knowledge as to how to get the best out of modern and often complex camera equipment.

Leonard Shepherd's gear list:Leonard Shepherd's gear list
Nikon D810 Nikon D7200 Nikon D500 Nikon D850 Nikon Z7 +24 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads