+++YOU AND YOUR M43 - WHAT HAVE YOU BEEN UP TO THIS WEEK?+++

Started Oct 12, 2013 | Discussions
Wormsmeat
Wormsmeat Forum Pro • Posts: 17,559
Re: +++YOU AND YOUR M43 - WHAT HAVE YOU BEEN UP TO THIS WEEK?+++

Well, just maybe a more silhouette vibe might work? Allows for greater saturation of those flags too.

Wormsmeat's gear list:Wormsmeat's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM5 Olympus PEN-F Sony a7R III Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm F1.8 Samyang 7.5mm F3.5 UMC Fisheye MFT +9 more
Wormsmeat
Wormsmeat Forum Pro • Posts: 17,559
Re: Copy cat

Hmmm, interested to see the 'inspiration'. Bit noisy by your standards and having trouble ignoring the scaffolding.

Wormsmeat's gear list:Wormsmeat's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM5 Olympus PEN-F Sony a7R III Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm F1.8 Samyang 7.5mm F3.5 UMC Fisheye MFT +9 more
Ben C Davis Senior Member • Posts: 1,557
Re: Like

this one. This is Mallards Rest...

http://fwp.mt.gov/fishing/siteDetail.html?id=281780

https://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en

That first one was to show the steep road going down and

in the back ground one can see...

The Oly 18-180 did all of the work.

8)

Ben C Davis's gear list:Ben C Davis's gear list
Leica D-Lux (Typ 109) Olympus E-M1
Michael L NYC 99
Michael L NYC 99 Veteran Member • Posts: 5,238
Astor Place and Central Park

A couple from yesterday morning.

Astor Place before sunrise

Central Park Pond Reflection

I used the Olympus 9-18mm for both of these shots. I find this Olympus lens produces deeper blue skies than my Panasonic wide angle lenses, but it also handles bright lights more poorly than my Panasonic wide angle lenses. I find that the 9-18 tends to smear bright lights instead of producing clean starbursts (in night shots).

Michael

-- hide signature --

See my Flickr photostream here Michael.Lee.Pics.NYC

Michael L NYC 99's gear list:Michael L NYC 99's gear list
Olympus E-M5 II Sony a7R II Panasonic Lumix G X Vario 35-100mm F2.8 OIS Panasonic Lumix G Vario 100-300mm F4-5.6 OIS Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm F1.8 +15 more
Shandi76 Junior Member • Posts: 34
Re: Fall snaps

Lovely photos. Particularly like the flower shots with the blown out backgrounds. Nice to see that is possible with micro four thirds sensor.

alfredo_tomato
alfredo_tomato Veteran Member • Posts: 4,219
Re: One week old

And the fact that they are dancing on the site of an old slave market adds to the absurdity .  It is now a Farmer's market featuring the best from our local farms.

alfredo_tomato's gear list:alfredo_tomato's gear list
Olympus PEN E-PL1s Olympus PEN E-PM2 Olympus OM-D E-M10 Sigma 19mm F2.8 EX DN Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4.0-5.6 +11 more
yyr
yyr Forum Pro • Posts: 11,137
Re: Oh no! Not that #$%^&*! volcano again! Sorry, folks …

Hey Geoff -  I think this is the nicest one you have posted so far. The colours are wonderful (so much for the rules) and I really like the boats lined up on the left.

yyr's gear list:yyr's gear list
Leica CL Olympus E-M1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM5
FrankS009
FrankS009 Veteran Member • Posts: 6,172
Re: boats for you 2009 -- and now the hull shape, Frank

Thanks Geoff,

Your description and shots are fascinating, a photo essay all by itself that I appreciate. I learned a lot. An anthropologist would have a field day with this form of transportation, its organization, and the risks. And as a "participant observer" sitting in the bow on the last trip of the day for that particular trip across, it must have been exciting indeed- if that is the word.

These are just superficial reactions, but these boats seem a bit analogous to long distance taxis or lorries that used to ply the roads of West Africa - filled with people, chickens, cargo etc.

The hull design is part of it all for sure. As strictly an amateur boat nut, the hull seems more flat bottomed than I might have expected. There must be a reason for this, perhaps related to pulling the boats up on the beach although my guess is that this shape makes the boat pound a bit in "choppy" water. The beam seems a bit narrower than I might expect too, just off the top.

A very interesting story with interesting craft. Again, thanks a lot for sharing this.:-)

F.

yyr
Re: French Cinema

You have a great eye - I'm always jealous! Your compositions are always spot on and these are right up there.

yyr
Re: Some birds

These are so much better when viewed full size. I love the sea eagle - he looks so fierce, and the owl is...full of character!

klythawk
klythawk Contributing Member • Posts: 628
Re: Autumn is coming

Peter Del wrote:

Thank you KG and John. For the first image I was behind the bush without a tripod, the IBIS on the EM5 almost makes the tripod obsolete!

Peter Del

So right Peter, i manage plenty of keepers shooting at 300mm without lumping a tripod around.

klythawk's gear list:klythawk's gear list
Olympus E-M1 II Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus E-M1 Nikon D610 Nikon D500 +7 more
NCV
NCV Veteran Member • Posts: 8,707
Badlands

These Calanchi or Badlands at San Valentino near Reggio Emilia in Italy are one of my favourite landscapes. They are formed by the erosion of the clay soil.  The landscape changes every time I go back there.

Calanchi, San Valentino, RE , Italy

NCV's gear list:NCV's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Nikon D700 Nikon D810
NCV
Re: French Cinema

The two cinema shots are very memorable.

griddi
griddi Veteran Member • Posts: 5,331
Re:Wormsmeat.....

Wormsmeat wrote:

If you post them in this weekly thread then you'll find everyone very friendly. Can't speak for the whole forum.

Will do.......

Griddi.....

NCV
Re: +++YOU AND YOUR M43 - WHAT HAVE YOU BEEN UP TO THIS WEEK?+++

I like the muted colours on the last one. Bad weather often makes for interesting photo's

lambert4
lambert4 Senior Member • Posts: 2,330
Re: Been chasing family all week, having fun but nothing art worthy...just a duck.

And after a second straight day of wild family time, a crafty IPA with a selfie embedded in the brew.

Wormsmeat wrote:

You know you can be banned for posting pictures of ducks when I'm running this thread?

My bad, my son told me to call it a Mallard does that help?

-- hide signature --

Here's to learning something new everyday, and remembering it the next.

lambert4's gear list:lambert4's gear list
Nikon D500 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 16-80mm F2.8-4E ED VR Nikon AF-P 70-300mm F4.5-6.3G VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm F4G ED VR Sigma 10-20mm F3.5 EX DC HSM +3 more
FrankS009
FrankS009 Veteran Member • Posts: 6,172
Re: boats for you 2009 -- and now the hull shape, Frank

I have been wondering if the long, thin, flat banana shaped hulls reflect canoe experience in swells.

(unknown member) Veteran Member • Posts: 4,734
New camera experiments and conceptual experiments

Just acquired a G6 and GX7 as upgrades to my long time buddy GH2 and G3.  Learning how they work at the same time as I'm working on some photographic concepts.

Pretty straightforward macro stuff.

Been working with big blocks of ice, and with flowers frozen into the big blocks of ice.

Some local shots. Yes, heavily processed... I sell my images through interior designers, so I don't shoot very much without thinking about how I'm going to treat the image to turn it into a graphic.

Finally, some more abstract shots of blocks of ice with motorized LED light sources.

Micro 4/3 is one of my favorite systems.

Hen3ry
OP Hen3ry Forum Pro • Posts: 18,218
I hope you’re not complaining, Bob, that's a pretty nifty shot! nt

Cheers, geoff

-- hide signature --

Geoffrey Heard
Down and out in Rabaul in the South Pacific
http://pngtimetraveller.blogspot.com/2011/10/return-to-karai-komana_31.html

Hen3ry's gear list:Hen3ry's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Panasonic G85 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm F1.8 Panasonic 12-35mm F2.8 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm F4.0-5.6 +7 more
Hen3ry
OP Hen3ry Forum Pro • Posts: 18,218
WOW! WOW! WOW! Absolute knock-out stuff, Ed!

Flowers in ice! Oh boy, am I inspired. Right now I live in circumstances where I don’t have a freezer, but the moment I get one -- or get access to one -- the local orchids are going into it for some of that ice treatment.

Beautiful work and wonderful abstractions from ordinary beginnings.

many thanks for the look -- and the inspiration.

Cheers, geoff

-- hide signature --

Geoffrey Heard
Down and out in Rabaul in the South Pacific
http://pngtimetraveller.blogspot.com/2011/10/return-to-karai-komana_31.html

Hen3ry's gear list:Hen3ry's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Panasonic G85 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm F1.8 Panasonic 12-35mm F2.8 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm F4.0-5.6 +7 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads