+++YOU AND YOUR M43 - WHAT HAVE YOU BEEN UP TO THIS WEEK?+++

Started Oct 12, 2013 | Discussions
Hen3ry
OP Hen3ry Forum Pro • Posts: 18,218
Re: French Cinema -- wonderful little series

Wormsmeat wrote:

Ah, a vote for the canoe 'rose'. Cheers.

Reminded me of grilled red peppers.

Aargh!!! Here I was crediting you with some finer artistic sensibilities and it turns out your taste is all in your mouth, as my old mum used to say!

And yes, you might be right, though! LOL

Cheers, geoff

-- hide signature --

Geoffrey Heard
Down and out in Rabaul in the South Pacific
http://pngtimetraveller.blogspot.com/2011/10/return-to-karai-komana_31.html

Hen3ry's gear list:Hen3ry's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Panasonic G85 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm F4.0-5.6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm F1.8 Panasonic Lumix G X Vario PZ 45-175mm F4.0-5.6 ASPH OIS +7 more
Hen3ry
Re: Great Pics this week!!! And you added to them!

Neat work, sinkas.

Cheers, geoff

-- hide signature --

Geoffrey Heard

Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Panasonic G85 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm F4.0-5.6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm F1.8 Panasonic Lumix G X Vario PZ 45-175mm F4.0-5.6 ASPH OIS +7 more
Wormsmeat
Wormsmeat Forum Pro • Posts: 17,448
Re: What a shower

Blown highlights actually help to isolate the first and emphasise a super sharp image. Very nice when expanded.

As for the 2nd, given that there are white ribbons on the bus the driver wouldn't have been doing his job very well if he ran them down

As for the GF1, fair enough but have you considered an EPL3 or similar as a camera with soul? I just picked one up for street stuff for about £175 to back up my EM5.

Wormsmeat's gear list:Wormsmeat's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM5 Olympus PEN-F Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm F1.8 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 12mm 1:2 Samyang 7.5mm F3.5 UMC Fisheye MFT +5 more
Wormsmeat
Re: Trying to have some time with my new E-P5!

The first is a good image that needs some funky processing to make it zing. Levels, Curves, Filters etc...

Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM5 Olympus PEN-F Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm F1.8 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 12mm 1:2 Samyang 7.5mm F3.5 UMC Fisheye MFT +5 more
Wormsmeat
Re: Trams in Lisboa - Portugal

The 2nd is a great shot, lots of dynamism in it for an old subject.

Wormsmeat
Re: Been chasing family all week, having fun but nothing art worthy...just a duck.

You know you can be banned for posting pictures of ducks when I'm running this thread?

Hen3ry
Excellent collection, some stunners there!

And lots of vibrant colors. Really excellent job.

Cheers, geoff

-- hide signature --

Geoffrey Heard

Wormsmeat
Wow!

All good, but that third picture is stunning.

Wormsmeat
Re: +++YOU AND YOUR M43 - WHAT HAVE YOU BEEN UP TO THIS WEEK?+++

Very nice too but I can't help feeling there's a better picture in the first with some more daring processing.

Hen3ry
Wot? Fast moving sport with an m43? Shh! Don’t tell anyone! :)

A couple of nice pix here, Ringo. But the last shot -- you mention that it is cropped. To be frank, I think you've cropped it too tightly.

What lens were you using? The 40-150?

Cheers, geoff

-- hide signature --

Geoffrey Heard

Wormsmeat
Re: One week old

The third is great, love the (slightly absurd) contrast between background and subject.

Wormsmeat
Re: Farmer's market today

Yo! There's a marked similarity this week between yours and my third shots

Abrak Veteran Member • Posts: 4,135
Re: +++YOU AND YOUR M43 - WHAT HAVE YOU BEEN UP TO THIS WEEK?+++

Wormsmeat wrote:

Very nice too but I can't help feeling there's a better picture in the first with some more daring processing.

Could be. What do you suggest?

gorred
gorred Senior Member • Posts: 1,205
Re: Trams in Lisboa - Portugal

Thanks. Something had happened with it, so the passengers had to abandon the vehicle, and it was then slowly moved around the curve. It was always a kind of adventure to ride these old trams.

gorred's gear list:gorred's gear list
Olympus TG-5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2 Olympus OM-D E-M10 II Olympus E-M1 II Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50mm 1:2.0 Macro +9 more
Hen3ry
Re: boats for you 2009 -- and now the hull shape, Frank

I was in the Vavagil bar having a quiet beer today looking at the view (see vavagil.com) when it suddenly struck me that the old, upturned banana boat just below might have a use -- i.e. to show the hull shape to Frank 2009, boat nut.
So I took a snap!

-- hide signature --

Geoffrey Heard

Peter Del Veteran Member • Posts: 5,004
Re: Farmer's market today

I particularly like the third picture, but I would have made a tighter crop to remove the sides of the basket.

Peter Del

Peter Del's gear list:Peter Del's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus PEN-F Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm F4.0-5.6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 14-150mm 1:4-5.6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm F1.8 +4 more
RingoD560 New Member • Posts: 21
Re: Wot? Fast moving sport with an m43? Shh! Don’t tell anyone! :)

A couple of nice pix here, Ringo. But the last shot -- you mention that it is cropped. To be frank, I think you've cropped it too tightly.

What lens were you using? The 40-150?

Cheers, geoff

Geoff

The lens here is the 75-300.

As to cropping, you are probably right. My goal was to reduce some distractions in the shot and get it to the principal action. I may not have left enough open space aound the players, I can agree with that.

Is there a source for reading where I get some rules of thumb for cropping?

Thanks for the input.
--
Ringo

RingoD560's gear list:RingoD560's gear list
Olympus PEN E-PL5 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 17mm 1:2.8 Pancake Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4.0-5.6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 75-300mm 1:4.8-6.7 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 14-42mm 1:3.5-5.6 II R
Bob Tullis
Bob Tullis Forum Pro • Posts: 37,122
Copy cat

I saw a composition on DPR sometime in the past week or so, and after school a few days ago (being in the area), I went and looked for it myself. I tried to find the 'inspriation' that lead me here (to pay homage), but alas. . .

E-M5, CV 25/.95,  1/25s, ISO 3200, f/1.7?

-- hide signature --

...Bob, NYC
http://www.bobtullis.com
http://www.flickr.com/photos/bobtullis/
"Well, sometimes the magic works. . . Sometimes, it doesn't." - Chief Dan George, Little Big Man

Bob Tullis's gear list:Bob Tullis's gear list
Fujifilm X-Pro2 Fujifilm X-H1 Fujifilm X100F Fujifilm X-T2
Wormsmeat
Re: Peter Del....

If you post them in this weekly thread then you'll find everyone very friendly. Can't speak for the whole forum.

evadim Junior Member • Posts: 41
Re: How To Fish For Lobsters

minniev wrote:

Love this foggy shot. And thanks for the story!

evadim's gear list:evadim's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Panasonic Lumix G 14mm F2.5 ASPH Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-42mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS Samyang 7.5mm F3.5 UMC Fisheye MFT Tokina Reflex 300mm F6.3 MF Macro +3 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads