some points on the new K3

Started Oct 3, 2013 | Discussions
solarider Veteran Member • Posts: 4,889
some points on the new K3

Thanks to asahiman, I've collected and grouped what we can depend on re news on the K3.

A. the new bump is a high end headphone port.
B. The K3 will have a 'completely new' AF system... implies wonderful and very high end to me.
There is much more than the new system, hinted at in section E.
C. The more obvious: New Sony 24 MP APSC sensor - (of course, it's NOT the old sensor used in the A77)
D. Firmware 1.0 by this Monday.
E. The really big thing (not to do with headphone port). This is the UNKNOWN, but apparently very big news (to me) and is yet to be announced.

A.)
asahi man
Regular Member • Posts: 301

it´s only a ...
In reply to waxwaine (about the new bump on the K3 body), 13 hours ago

Sorry,sorry.....but....it is a very simple thing.....
High end headphone port,that´s all

best regards

B.) p.s.:the really plus point is the complete new AF system.....nothing to do with the current Pentax autofocus

C.)

asahi man
Regular Member • Posts: 301
Like?
Re: K-3 with 24mp Sony A77 sensor will be announced early this month
In reply to Joe Ogiba (repeating the really nonsensical farce about using 2 year old sensor from A77), 2 days ago
It is NOT the same sensor.

Replied in Is this also a picture of the K-3?
Sony aps c 24 is inside
In Pentax Talk 9 hours ago

Pentax cameras with -3 are much faster in this range,much much faster and more accurate than the EOS6 and still faster than the Panasonic.
Under real use.
The K-3 have still Firmware 0.0x.
D.)Monday will be 1.0 in the air.

E.)

Replied in K-3´s mysterious bump
(replying to the wacked/distorted angled photo of k3)
This is a final picture,only bad angle of view And again,under the "big thing"is the headphone connect
In Pentax Talk 9 hours ago

In reply to Ayoh, 2 days ago Replied in Is this also a picture of the K-3?
asahi man wrote:
Q: What are some of those new things?
A: The autofocus...and more.

K3 was onPhotokina but Ricoh took it behind the line.
there are much more new things in this new (K)3,than in the old Pentax plan. Best regards
In Pentax Talk 2 days ago

I wish fun and good times ahead for everyone.

Cheers

Nic

-- hide signature --

The intuitive mind is a sacred gift, the rational mind is a faithful servant.
We have created a society that honors the servant and has forgotten the gift. - Albert Einstein

Sony SLT-A77
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
leopold Forum Pro • Posts: 14,083
Re: some points on the new K3

Thank you for collecting all the info and put them together in one thread.

Exciting times to come

leopold's gear list:leopold's gear list
Canon EOS 7D Fujifilm X-E1 Canon EF 400mm f/5.6L USM Canon EF 70-200mm F4L USM Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R +3 more
new type Regular Member • Posts: 152

E: the only big news I can think of is full frame

rumor says the af is 27 points cross type, I am not surprise if it turns out this way.

OP solarider Veteran Member • Posts: 4,889

You're mixing two topics. FF is coming later. This is all APSC info at this point.

best regards.

new type wrote:

rumor says the af is 27 points cross type, I am not surprise if it turns out this way.

-- hide signature --

We have created a society that honors the servant and has forgotten the gift. - Albert Einstein

It was fun Steeve. I like what we know so far... and more to come too

leopold wrote:

Thank you for collecting all the info and put them together in one thread.

Exciting times to come

-- hide signature --

paulkienitz
paulkienitz Veteran Member • Posts: 5,437

new type wrote:

He explicitly said this one is not full frame.  (Though the rumor is that next year's full frame will be fit into the same body, which would help explain its chunky design.)

Another possibility for the "big thing" is the rumor of doubled resolution via sensor shift.

Then there's the patent for a detachable monitor.  That would explain the thickness.

paulkienitz's gear list:paulkienitz's gear list
Pentax Q Pentax K-3 Pentax smc DA 55-300mm F4.0-5.8 ED Pentax smc DA* 300mm F4.0 ED (IF) SDM Samyang 8mm F3.5 Aspherical IF MC Fisheye +4 more
RSTP14 Veteran Member • Posts: 5,089
K3 will revolutionalize APS-C

There you go, now you know !

fewww, ... I feel better now that I made my very own un-founded speculation

-- hide signature --

Roger

RSTP14's gear list:RSTP14's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M10 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 17mm F1.8 Olympus 12-45mm F4 Pro +4 more
audiobomber
audiobomber Veteran Member • Posts: 5,766

paulkienitz wrote:

(Though the rumor is that next year's full frame will be fit into the same body, which would help explain its chunky design.)

Another possibility for the "big thing" is the rumor of doubled resolution via sensor shift.

Then there's the patent for a detachable monitor. That would explain the thickness.

These are all rumours I've heard, but I would just point out that none of the above rumours were from Asahiman.

-- hide signature --

Dan

audiobomber's gear list:audiobomber's gear list
Pentax K-3 Sony a6000 Pentax K20D Pentax smc DA 15mm F4 ED AL Limited Pentax smc FA 50mm F1.4 +19 more
ropen Senior Member • Posts: 1,479

K-3 (on paper until the 8th) is what GR was for Coolpix A, a camera refined to almost perfection in its class and at a very reasonable price for what it is. Both Nikon and Canon have nothing in the APS-C world that can hold a candle to it and will have a great deal of problem to come with a D400 or 7D Mark2 which will best it for the price. D7100 which at least here is the same price as K-3 will be at launch it is a very bad joke in comparison.

And about the AF system it could be easily on par with Nikon's best on speed (including tracking) and more important precision (especially ultra low light level and fast lenses).

Radu

P.S. And yes, it has some quite unbelievable things!

ropen's gear list:ropen's gear list
Pentax K-3
Tan68
Tan68 Veteran Member • Posts: 5,792
Re: K3 will revolutionalize APS-C

i think he was just gathering comments from Asahiman.

i don't think the thread was intended to be a compilation of all rumors.

i suppose the hump could be a laser range finder.  i have a laser pointer about that size.  no reason it can't be turned into a device that measures distance.  short step from there to mounting it on a camera.

Tan68's gear list:Tan68's gear list
Phase One Capture One Pro +1 more
Re: K3 will revolutionalize APS-C

Tan68 wrote:

i think he was just gathering comments from Asahiman.

i don't think the thread was intended to be a compilation of all rumors.

i suppose the hump could be a laser range finder. i have a laser pointer about that size. no reason it can't be turned into a device that measures distance. short step from there to mounting it on a camera.

Gosh, ashaiman stated, and it's very clearly stated in my compilation, it's a headphone port, and not a laser-anything. Where does one come up with these fantasies

Yes, you are correct, its a compilation from asahiman and avoids all the silly rumors.

-- hide signature --

ropen wrote:

K-3 (on paper until the 8th) is what GR was for Coolpix A, a camera refined to almost perfection in its class and at a very reasonable price for what it is. Both Nikon and Canon have nothing in the APS-C world that can hold a candle to it and will have a great deal of problem to come with a D400 or 7D Mark2 which will best it for the price. D7100 which at least here is the same price as K-3 will be at launch it is a very bad joke in comparison.

And about the AF system it could be easily on par with Nikon's best on speed (including tracking) and more important precision (especially ultra low light level and fast lenses).

Radu

P.S. And yes, it has some quite unbelievable things!

-- hide signature --

robbo d Veteran Member • Posts: 3,462
Taking too much literally??

Are we taking too much of what Asahi man says as gospel????

I mean, great as he is for rumours, and he must be close to the action or the official Ricoh tease-a-gram to DPR Pentax forum.......

But some of the stuff he says is cryptic and I wonder if the "high end head phone jack" and the firmware things are either red herrings or just indicators of things to come, not the actual literal meaning ???

Lets just wait till next week or whenever and see what uncle Ricoh brings us as an early christmas present..........whatever these things are, it's looking like the Ricoh philosophy is taking hold and it's going to be a ripper high end machine with some great practical advancements.

robbo d Veteran Member • Posts: 3,462
Re: Taking too much literally??

.......he seems so cryptic that giving a definitive answer to the bump question seems out of character and if he's close to the action, I find it strange that he's letting the cat out of the bag about a specific feature........just doesn't fit with me......willing to be proved wrong next week......but a headphone port??? really?? I could think of better things than that.

Jim in Hudson Senior Member • Posts: 2,492

robbo d wrote:

Are we taking too much of what Asahi man says as gospel????

I mean, great as he is for rumours, and he must be close to the action or the official Ricoh tease-a-gram to DPR Pentax forum.......

But some of the stuff he says is cryptic and I wonder if the "high end head phone jack" and the firmware things are either red herrings or just indicators of things to come, not the actual literal meaning ???

Lets just wait till next week or whenever and see what uncle Ricoh brings us as an early christmas present..........whatever these things are, it's looking like the Ricoh philosophy is taking hold and it's going to be a ripper high end machine with some great practical advancements.

I don't think anyone's taking this as gospel... just a compilation of what he's written about this upcoming camera.  TIFWIW.

Jim in Hudson's gear list:Jim in Hudson's gear list
Pentax K-3 Fujifilm X-T3 Sigma 17-70mm F2.8-4 DC Macro OS HSM | C Fujifilm XF 16-80mm F4 +1 more
RSTP14 Veteran Member • Posts: 5,089

robbo d wrote:

.......he seems so cryptic that giving a definitive answer to the bump question seems out of character and if he's close to the action, I find it strange that he's letting the cat out of the bag about a specific feature........just doesn't fit with me......willing to be proved wrong next week......but a headphone port??? really?? I could think of better things than that.

Agree... a "High end headphone jack"... not sure what that's supposed to be, a 1/4" gold plated jack by the size of it ?  Connected to what... a low end stereo mic, and to serve what purpose ?  Makes little sense.  A headphone jack makes sense... I guess (not to me, I have no interest in Video), but the size (if it is) I don't get it.  If you can fit a headphone jack on an iPod Shuffle, surely you don't need this monstruous eyesore !

-- hide signature --

Roger

RSTP14's gear list:RSTP14's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M10 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 17mm F1.8 Olympus 12-45mm F4 Pro +4 more
Tan68
Tan68 Veteran Member • Posts: 5,792

Maybe his DPR got hacked.

I don't know what a high end audio port is.  Maybe there is some different stuff on a RED-class camera.  Not sure why we would need it.  The only high end connection I can think of, after the S/PDIF, is fiber.  Neither is really big.

1/4" jack is not too shabby.  Definitely more bandwidth with 1/4".  If people don't like the 1/4" hole, they can just use it to store a few lens tissues.

robbo d wrote:

.......he seems so cryptic that giving a definitive answer to the bump question seems out of character and if he's close to the action, I find it strange ...

Tan68's gear list:Tan68's gear list
Phase One Capture One Pro +1 more
Petroglyph
Petroglyph Veteran Member • Posts: 6,096

We'll probably know for sure in a few days.  I saw pretty good verification today that something will happen on Oct., 7, Nikon plans to announce the D610 on that day.  Seems Canon has plans for no further dslr announcements this year.  So it is down to Sony & Ricoh over the next week or two.  It is interesting that all the rumour sites have now narrowed down to the same specs for the K3.  Even SAR says the same as everyone else and the sites might be feeding off of each other.

Cheers.

Petroglyph's gear list:Petroglyph's gear list
Sony a7R II Zeiss Batis 25mm F2 Zeiss Batis 85mm F1.8 Samyang 20mm F1.8
soheil Veteran Member • Posts: 3,025

Tan68 wrote:

Maybe his DPR got hacked.

I don't know what a high end audio port is.  Maybe there is some different stuff on a RED-class camera.  Not sure why we would need it.  The only high end connection I can think of, after the S/PDIF, is fiber.  Neither is really big.

1/4" jack is not too shabby.  Definitely more bandwidth with 1/4".  If people don't like the 1/4" hole, they can just use it to store a few lens tissues.

robbo d wrote:

.......he seems so cryptic that giving a definitive answer to the bump question seems out of character and if he's close to the action, I find it strange ...

Maybe it's a 5/1 channel output portal

-- hide signature --

Regards,
Soheil
------------------------------
It's the singer not the song.

soheil's gear list:soheil's gear list
Pentax Optio 330GS Pentax MX-1 Pentax K-7 Pentax K-5 Pentax K-5 IIs +19 more
New K3 Images

Can say asahiman has been reliable, definitely.

-- hide signature --

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads