My New 1DX Has Black Spots.

Started Sep 30, 2013 | Discussions
tvstaff
tvstaff Senior Member • Posts: 2,165
Re: My New 1DX Has Black Spots.

arbitrage wrote:

Just to add another data point to the discussion, I got a new 1DX last week. I have shot with it twice so far only for 3hrs total. I already have one of these black spots in my viewfinder, upper area just a bit right of the midline. It is fairly defined so it must be in the VF assembly somewhere. My 1DX is from Canadian dealer and has the #8 in the 6th spot so past the recall. I don't see any marks in the battery compartment but I would assume that they wouldn't be marking the newer ones once they were out of the affected serial number range.

I went through the SAME thing with a brand new 8.  They are ALL defective!

As some point your 1DX will no longer focus.

Not sure if I should be worried, I will see if I get more in the coming weeks of shooting. I know my 1D4 collects all kind of crap in the VF. My 5D3 and 7D don't seem to collect much.

 tvstaff's gear list:tvstaff's gear list
Canon EOS-1D X Canon EOS-1D X Mark II Canon EF 70-200mm F2.8L IS II USM Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II USM Canon EF 24-70mm F4L IS USM +22 more
Schwany
Schwany Forum Pro • Posts: 10,151
Wishful thinking
1

ajy wrote:

ajy wrote:

I'm planning on sending mine in for service and will update the group with the findings. Hopefully this won't create any unintended problems!

On further thought, since I just bought it from B&H, a part of me wonders if I should return it to B&H v. sending it to Canon.

I guess the issue with the viewfinder spots has been seen here before, http://www.dpreview.com/forums/post/52080253

and that camera also has an "8" for the serial number (like mine).

It won't get better folks. Even after the fix, the spots do return. If you don't like spots in the viewfinder, return it now.

 Schwany's gear list:Schwany's gear list
Canon EOS-1Ds Mark II Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS-1D Mark IV Canon EOS-1D X Canon EOS 5D Mark IV +14 more
Jim 123
Jim 123 Forum Member • Posts: 58
Re: When did you Purchase a 1Dx Jim?

WalterSrChat wrote:

Jim 123 wrote:

This is not good. I wanted it to work well soooo bad too. I tried to deal with all of the 1DX issues and gave up. Returned it.

I could not find any of your posted problems with your 1Dx that you returned!

Can you help me out here with some posted problem?

Thanks

Walter Sr

Plenty

http://www.dpreview.com/members/1677497281

PhotoKhan Forum Pro • Posts: 10,811
Re: My New 1DX Has Black Spots.

XeroJay wrote:

What if I do pay the $800 repair - and more debris accumulates on the new prism?

Dear XeroJay, I have been silently following your (and other's) saga about this issue.

I feel the need to intervene now because I am getting this feeling that you (an estimated fellow user) are taking the wrong path, one that will be heavily prejudicial for yourself.

Please stop considering the possibility of having to pay for anything related with this issue from your own pocket.

This is a known, well-documented problem.

Take whatever measures you need but please, please do not fall for their antics, for the sake of us all, current, past and future users of this or any other Canon camera.

Once, they admitted the problems exists ("caused by minute particles produced by wear due to the inconsistent lubrication", their own wording) it is their burden to prove that any particle contamination in difficult-to-reach areas in any 1DX camera is the fault of the user, not the camera.

Step-up to legal counseling if you have to but do not accept their inadmissible behavior.

All the best.

PK

-- hide signature --

“Loose praise may feed my ego but constructive criticism advances my skills”
************************************************************
-------------------------------------------------
http://www.pbase.com/photokhan
(PBase Supporter)
-------------------------------------------------

tvstaff
tvstaff Senior Member • Posts: 2,165
Re: When did you Purchase a 1Dx Jim?
1

WalterSrChat wrote:

Jim 123 wrote:

This is not good. I wanted it to work well soooo bad too. I tried to deal with all of the 1DX issues and gave up. Returned it.

I could not find any of your posted problems with your 1Dx that you returned!

Can you help me out here with some posted problem?

Thanks

Walter Sr

Hi Walter,

I've had 3 defective copies of the 1DX all were "marked" fixed by Canon or I was told it was not defective and each one failed the same wasy.

Is there a question I can answer for you about defective Canon EOS 1DX cameras that are manufactured with defective parts that cause it to fail.

The blabk specs people see are shavings of plastic or metal and or oil spalsh from a piece of plastic rubbing up on metal.  At some point it HAS to fail over and over even after being fixed.  No amount of lube or oil can stop it. No way it will make it to 400,000 exposures as advertisied

After being through this THREE times and reading reports from people all over the world many of know that the 1DX is defective in design AND manufacturing

Know that the 1DX cannot focus when this issue rears it's ugly head.  And there is NO WAY ANY 1DX with this metal rubbing on plastic will make it to 400,000 exposures!   The design and manufacturing is defective.

Canon should make the cameras right and replace each one they sold as they know they sold defective cameras.

This really sounds like a class action law suit in the making

 tvstaff's gear list:tvstaff's gear list
Canon EOS-1D X Canon EOS-1D X Mark II Canon EF 70-200mm F2.8L IS II USM Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II USM Canon EF 24-70mm F4L IS USM +22 more
(unknown member) Senior Member • Posts: 1,378
Re: When did you Purchase a 1Dx Jim?

tvstaff wrote:

WalterSrChat wrote:

Jim 123 wrote:

This is not good. I wanted it to work well soooo bad too. I tried to deal with all of the 1DX issues and gave up. Returned it.

I could not find any of your posted problems with your 1Dx that you returned!

Can you help me out here with some posted problem?

Thanks

Walter Sr

Hi Walter,

I've had 3 defective copies of the 1DX all were "marked" fixed by Canon or I was told it was not defective and each one failed the same wasy.

Is there a question I can answer for you about defective Canon EOS 1DX cameras that are manufactured with defective parts that cause it to fail.

The blabk specs people see are shavings of plastic or metal and or oil spalsh from a piece of plastic rubbing up on metal. At some point it HAS to fail over and over even after being fixed. No amount of lube or oil can stop it. No way it will make it to 400,000 exposures as advertisied

After being through this THREE times and reading reports from people all over the world many of know that the 1DX is defective in design AND manufacturing

Know that the 1DX cannot focus when this issue rears it's ugly head. And there is NO WAY ANY 1DX with this metal rubbing on plastic will make it to 400,000 exposures! The design and manufacturing is defective.

Canon should make the cameras right and replace each one they sold as they know they sold defective cameras.

This really sounds like a class action law suit in the making

Can you help me out here with some of Your Links Posted Here on Dpreview with your problems?

Thanks

Walter Sr

-- hide signature --

I am out to take the perfect picture, if it exits!

Sports Shooter Senior Member • Posts: 1,325
Re: When did you Purchase a 1Dx Jim?

tvstaff wrote:

WalterSrChat wrote:

Jim 123 wrote:

This is not good. I wanted it to work well soooo bad too. I tried to deal with all of the 1DX issues and gave up. Returned it.

I could not find any of your posted problems with your 1Dx that you returned!

Can you help me out here with some posted problem?

Thanks

Walter Sr

Hi Walter,

I've had 3 defective copies of the 1DX all were "marked" fixed by Canon or I was told it was not defective and each one failed the same wasy.

Is there a question I can answer for you about defective Canon EOS 1DX cameras that are manufactured with defective parts that cause it to fail.

The blabk specs people see are shavings of plastic or metal and or oil spalsh from a piece of plastic rubbing up on metal.  At some point it HAS to fail over and over even after being fixed.  No amount of lube or oil can stop it. No way it will make it to 400,000 exposures as advertisied

After being through this THREE times and reading reports from people all over the world many of know that the 1DX is defective in design AND manufacturing

Know that the 1DX cannot focus when this issue rears it's ugly head.  And there is NO WAY ANY 1DX with this metal rubbing on plastic will make it to 400,000 exposures!   The design and manufacturing is defective.

Canon should make the cameras right and replace each one they sold as they know they sold defective cameras.

This really sounds like a class action law suit in the making

As long as the big agencies ( Getty, EPA etc) don't complain Canon won't do anything other than the recent fix ( temporary). If they re-design the part probably Canon will make a re-call for a permanent fix ( see 1D MKIII saga).

Keep in mind that competiton between Canon / Nikon pro camera is more or less settled and I dont think Canon is motivated enough ( at the moment) like they were when the 1D MKIII had the AF issues at the time that Nikon had a better pro-body with the D3.

 Sports Shooter's gear list:Sports Shooter's gear list
Canon PowerShot G9 Canon EOS-1D Mark III Canon EOS 7D Canon EOS-1D Mark IV Canon 6D Mark II +12 more
Schwany
Schwany Forum Pro • Posts: 10,151
TV, Is this the final chapter?

tvstaff wrote:

Hi Walter,

I've had 3 defective copies of the 1DX all were "marked" fixed by Canon or I was told it was not defective and each one failed the same wasy.

Is there a question I can answer for you about defective Canon EOS 1DX cameras that are manufactured with defective parts that cause it to fail.

The blabk specs people see are shavings of plastic or metal and or oil spalsh from a piece of plastic rubbing up on metal. At some point it HAS to fail over and over even after being fixed. No amount of lube or oil can stop it. No way it will make it to 400,000 exposures as advertisied

After being through this THREE times and reading reports from people all over the world many of know that the 1DX is defective in design AND manufacturing

Know that the 1DX cannot focus when this issue rears it's ugly head. And there is NO WAY ANY 1DX with this metal rubbing on plastic will make it to 400,000 exposures! The design and manufacturing is defective.

Canon should make the cameras right and replace each one they sold as they know they sold defective cameras.

This really sounds like a class action law suit in the making

So the last one that fantastic Canon fixed perfectly and ended up focusing perfectly finally failed and you returned it? I hope you returned it. I sure would have. Don't tell me you got yet another one?

I agree about the class action, but who has the money and time to start one. Canon is counting on consumer limitations. And as mentioned, the big agencies don't care because the cameras do work with those spots in the viewfinder, and if one does fail they would just send it in for repair and get a loaner. It's just a tool.

I have 6800 clicks on mine, it has had the fix, it now has spots in the viewfinder both upper corners, and it still focuses. I'm hoping it fails to focus before my warranty is up, at least I'd get some more miles out of it. Somebody said they had 150,000 clicks on two of them. That would last me 30 years at my rate of use. he he

 Schwany's gear list:Schwany's gear list
Canon EOS-1Ds Mark II Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS-1D Mark IV Canon EOS-1D X Canon EOS 5D Mark IV +14 more
ajy Regular Member • Posts: 238
Re: competition settled?

Sports Shooter wrote:

As long as the big agencies ( Getty, EPA etc) don't complain Canon won't do anything other than the recent fix ( temporary). If they re-design the part probably Canon will make a re-call for a permanent fix ( see 1D MKIII saga).

Keep in mind that competiton between Canon / Nikon pro camera is more or less settled and I dont think Canon is motivated enough ( at the moment) like they were when the 1D MKIII had the AF issues at the time that Nikon had a better pro-body with the D3.

And what did you mean by the competition between Canon and Nikon being "more or less settled?"  I thought it was still ongoing!

 ajy's gear list:ajy's gear list
Canon EOS-1D X Mark II
tvstaff
tvstaff Senior Member • Posts: 2,165
Re: TV, Is this the final chapter?

Schwany wrote:

tvstaff wrote:

Hi Walter,

I've had 3 defective copies of the 1DX all were "marked" fixed by Canon or I was told it was not defective and each one failed the same wasy.

Is there a question I can answer for you about defective Canon EOS 1DX cameras that are manufactured with defective parts that cause it to fail.

The blabk specs people see are shavings of plastic or metal and or oil spalsh from a piece of plastic rubbing up on metal. At some point it HAS to fail over and over even after being fixed. No amount of lube or oil can stop it. No way it will make it to 400,000 exposures as advertisied

After being through this THREE times and reading reports from people all over the world many of know that the 1DX is defective in design AND manufacturing

Know that the 1DX cannot focus when this issue rears it's ugly head. And there is NO WAY ANY 1DX with this metal rubbing on plastic will make it to 400,000 exposures! The design and manufacturing is defective.

Canon should make the cameras right and replace each one they sold as they know they sold defective cameras.

This really sounds like a class action law suit in the making

So the last one that fantastic Canon fixed perfectly and ended up focusing perfectly finally failed and you returned it? I hope you returned it. I sure would have. Don't tell me you got yet another one?

I agree about the class action, but who has the money and time to start one. Canon is counting on consumer limitations. And as mentioned, the big agencies don't care because the cameras do work with those spots in the viewfinder, and if one does fail they would just send it in for repair and get a loaner. It's just a tool.

I have 6800 clicks on mine, it has had the fix, it now has spots in the viewfinder both upper corners, and it still focuses. I'm hoping it fails to focus before my warranty is up, at least I'd get some more miles out of it. Somebody said they had 150,000 clicks on two of them. That would last me 30 years at my rate of use. he he

I'm a sucker.... got another one. With a "new Mirror box" yeh right!!!  I really have too much faith in man!  I'm just watching the counter REAL close. With my frig'n luck I'll be in Aruba shooting in 3 weeks and the thing will fail. I don't mean to jinx myself but "I've had the WORST luck with 1DX's"  Like YOU said.... I'm a bad camara magnet <ROFL> or Canon has lost all respect for their pro-customers to keep letting people go into the field with defective equipment that was ADVERTISED to work under extream conditions when even when placed on a silk pillow FAILS!

What a waste of time energy and money!!!!  Canon needs to do MUCH better with the 1DX

 tvstaff's gear list:tvstaff's gear list
Canon EOS-1D X Canon EOS-1D X Mark II Canon EF 70-200mm F2.8L IS II USM Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II USM Canon EF 24-70mm F4L IS USM +22 more
Schwany
Schwany Forum Pro • Posts: 10,151
Re: TV, Is this the final chapter?

tvstaff wrote:

Schwany wrote:

So the last one that fantastic Canon fixed perfectly and ended up focusing perfectly finally failed and you returned it? I hope you returned it. I sure would have. Don't tell me you got yet another one?

I'm a sucker.... got another one. With a "new Mirror box" yeh right!!! I really have too much faith in man! I'm just watching the counter REAL close. With my frig'n luck I'll be in Aruba shooting in 3 weeks and the thing will fail.

So you're on number 4? Masochist sounds like a better descriptor than sucker. he he

I have a t-shirt from Aruba. It has a skull and cross bones on the back with the phrase...  "The beatings will continue until morale improves."  The wife brought it home for me after a girl's vacation. She's got my number.

 Schwany's gear list:Schwany's gear list
Canon EOS-1Ds Mark II Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS-1D Mark IV Canon EOS-1D X Canon EOS 5D Mark IV +14 more
Sports Shooter Senior Member • Posts: 1,325
Re: competition settled?

ajy wrote:

Sports Shooter wrote:

As long as the big agencies ( Getty, EPA etc) don't complain Canon won't do anything other than the recent fix ( temporary). If they re-design the part probably Canon will make a re-call for a permanent fix ( see 1D MKIII saga).

Keep in mind that competiton between Canon / Nikon pro camera is more or less settled and I dont think Canon is motivated enough ( at the moment) like they were when the 1D MKIII had the AF issues at the time that Nikon had a better pro-body with the D3.

And what did you mean by the competition between Canon and Nikon being "more or less settled?"  I thought it was still ongoing!

You no longer have 'mass exodus' between brands like the time that Canon had the AF problems with the 1D MKIII. At that time many pros switched brand from Canon to Nikon.

 Sports Shooter's gear list:Sports Shooter's gear list
Canon PowerShot G9 Canon EOS-1D Mark III Canon EOS 7D Canon EOS-1D Mark IV Canon 6D Mark II +12 more
Doug J Veteran Member • Posts: 9,911
Re: When did you Purchase a 1Dx Jim?

WalterSrChat wrote:

tvstaff wrote:

WalterSrChat wrote:

Jim 123 wrote:

This is not good. I wanted it to work well soooo bad too. I tried to deal with all of the 1DX issues and gave up. Returned it.

I could not find any of your posted problems with your 1Dx that you returned!

Can you help me out here with some posted problem?

Thanks

Walter Sr

Hi Walter,

I've had 3 defective copies of the 1DX all were "marked" fixed by Canon or I was told it was not defective and each one failed the same wasy.

Is there a question I can answer for you about defective Canon EOS 1DX cameras that are manufactured with defective parts that cause it to fail.

The blabk specs people see are shavings of plastic or metal and or oil spalsh from a piece of plastic rubbing up on metal. At some point it HAS to fail over and over even after being fixed. No amount of lube or oil can stop it. No way it will make it to 400,000 exposures as advertisied

After being through this THREE times and reading reports from people all over the world many of know that the 1DX is defective in design AND manufacturing

Know that the 1DX cannot focus when this issue rears it's ugly head. And there is NO WAY ANY 1DX with this metal rubbing on plastic will make it to 400,000 exposures! The design and manufacturing is defective.

Canon should make the cameras right and replace each one they sold as they know they sold defective cameras.

This really sounds like a class action law suit in the making

Can you help me out here with some of Your Links Posted Here on Dpreview with your problems?

Thanks

Walter Sr

Walter, this is easy for you to check based on the poster's history, and you've replied in a number of the related threads as well, so check the OP's posting history and that of your own.

To qualify myself, I do not own a 1DX, I survived the 1D3 fiasco and continue to have good success with this body.

DPR users/posts represent a very small percentage of the worldwide user base for any body. In my experience we're more likely to see issues posted as opposed to satisfactory experiences.

Problems may arise due to hardware issues, operator problems, or too-high expectations. Forums like this one can help get this sorted out and a user on track.

2 1DX users have experienced problems with their cameras, and there are multiple threads & posts that document this. Why do you have a problem with this and what is your point?

Best regards,
Doug

(unknown member) Senior Member • Posts: 1,378
Re: When did you Purchase a 1Dx Jim?

Doug J wrote:

WalterSrChat wrote:

tvstaff wrote:

WalterSrChat wrote:

Jim 123 wrote:

This is not good. I wanted it to work well soooo bad too. I tried to deal with all of the 1DX issues and gave up. Returned it.

I could not find any of your posted problems with your 1Dx that you returned!

Can you help me out here with some posted problem?

Thanks

Walter Sr

Hi Walter,

I've had 3 defective copies of the 1DX all were "marked" fixed by Canon or I was told it was not defective and each one failed the same wasy.

Is there a question I can answer for you about defective Canon EOS 1DX cameras that are manufactured with defective parts that cause it to fail.

The blabk specs people see are shavings of plastic or metal and or oil spalsh from a piece of plastic rubbing up on metal. At some point it HAS to fail over and over even after being fixed. No amount of lube or oil can stop it. No way it will make it to 400,000 exposures as advertisied

After being through this THREE times and reading reports from people all over the world many of know that the 1DX is defective in design AND manufacturing

Know that the 1DX cannot focus when this issue rears it's ugly head. And there is NO WAY ANY 1DX with this metal rubbing on plastic will make it to 400,000 exposures! The design and manufacturing is defective.

Canon should make the cameras right and replace each one they sold as they know they sold defective cameras.

This really sounds like a class action law suit in the making

Can you help me out here with some of Your Links Posted Here on Dpreview with your problems?

Thanks

Walter Sr

Walter, this is easy for you to check based on the poster's history, and you've replied in a number of the related threads as well, so check the OP's posting history and that of your own.

In my first comment in this tread, I said “I could not find any of your posted problems with your 1Dx that you returned!

Can you help me out here with some posted problems?

Thanks”

So I did check his posting history and nowhere prior to this post was there any mention of problems with his alleged Canon 1Dx Camera.

To qualify myself, I do not own a 1DX, I survived the 1D3 fiasco and continue to have good success with this body.

I own the 1Dx, 1Ds II and III and have found valuable information about each on this site.

DPR users/posts represent a very small percentage of the worldwide user base for any body. In my experience we're more likely to see issues posted as opposed to satisfactory experiences

True!

Problems may arise due to hardware issues, operator problems, or too-high expectations. Forums like this one can help get this sorted out and a user on track.

Very true

2 1DX users have experienced problems with their cameras, and there are multiple threads & posts that document this. Why do you have a problem with this and what is your point?

How can your return something that you never owned or possessed?

“The truth point to itself”

Walter Sr

Best regards,
Doug

-- hide signature --

I am out to take the perfect picture, if it exits!

tvstaff
tvstaff Senior Member • Posts: 2,165
Re: TV, Is this the final chapter?

Schwany wrote:

tvstaff wrote:

Schwany wrote:

So the last one that fantastic Canon fixed perfectly and ended up focusing perfectly finally failed and you returned it? I hope you returned it. I sure would have. Don't tell me you got yet another one?

I'm a sucker.... got another one. With a "new Mirror box" yeh right!!! I really have too much faith in man! I'm just watching the counter REAL close. With my frig'n luck I'll be in Aruba shooting in 3 weeks and the thing will fail.

So you're on number 4? Masochist sounds like a better descriptor than sucker. he he

No I'm only going on #3 because one had to be repaired as opposed to being replaced and I went along for the ride...

So what's the magic number?  How long before a BRAND NEW MIRROR BOX will fail in a 1DX that is a few weeks old and had a repair already?  How long before I have splash in my screen and can't focus

Anyone want to take bets????

I have a t-shirt from Aruba. It has a skull and cross bones on the back with the phrase... "The beatings will continue until morale improves." The wife brought it home for me after a girl's vacation. She's got my number.

I have a hat like that too. You can buy them just before you get to the kitesurfing spot!

 tvstaff's gear list:tvstaff's gear list
Canon EOS-1D X Canon EOS-1D X Mark II Canon EF 70-200mm F2.8L IS II USM Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II USM Canon EF 24-70mm F4L IS USM +22 more
Schwany
Schwany Forum Pro • Posts: 10,151
Mirror mirror in the 1DX, who is the fairest ...

tvstaff wrote:

Schwany wrote:

So you're on number 4? Masochist sounds like a better descriptor than sucker. he he

No I'm only going on #3 because one had to be repaired as opposed to being replaced and I went along for the ride...

So what's the magic number? How long before a BRAND NEW MIRROR BOX will fail in a 1DX that is a few weeks old and had a repair already? How long before I have splash in my screen and can't focus

Anyone want to take bets????

I saw another one of your posts where you said  number 3 (I assume) had large oil spots and specks in the viewfinder and no longer focused. So all bets are off.

You should have returned number 1 and left it at that. Just saying.

 Schwany's gear list:Schwany's gear list
Canon EOS-1Ds Mark II Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS-1D Mark IV Canon EOS-1D X Canon EOS 5D Mark IV +14 more
tvstaff
tvstaff Senior Member • Posts: 2,165
Re: Mirror mirror in the 1DX, who is the fairest ...

Schwany wrote:

tvstaff wrote:

Schwany wrote:

So you're on number 4? Masochist sounds like a better descriptor than sucker. he he

No I'm only going on #3 because one had to be repaired as opposed to being replaced and I went along for the ride...

So what's the magic number? How long before a BRAND NEW MIRROR BOX will fail in a 1DX that is a few weeks old and had a repair already? How long before I have splash in my screen and can't focus

Anyone want to take bets????

I saw another one of your posts where you said number 3 (I assume) had large oil spots and specks in the viewfinder and no longer focused. So all bets are off.

You should have returned number 1 and left it at that. Just saying.

You know what!  You're right!  100% Right.

 tvstaff's gear list:tvstaff's gear list
Canon EOS-1D X Canon EOS-1D X Mark II Canon EF 70-200mm F2.8L IS II USM Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II USM Canon EF 24-70mm F4L IS USM +22 more
Jim 123
Jim 123 Forum Member • Posts: 58
Re: When did you Purchase a 1Dx Jim?

WalterSrChat wrote:

Doug J wrote:

WalterSrChat wrote:

tvstaff wrote:

WalterSrChat wrote:

Jim 123 wrote:

This is not good. I wanted it to work well soooo bad too. I tried to deal with all of the 1DX issues and gave up. Returned it.

I could not find any of your posted problems with your 1Dx that you returned!

Can you help me out here with some posted problem?

Thanks

Walter Sr

Hi Walter,

I've had 3 defective copies of the 1DX all were "marked" fixed by Canon or I was told it was not defective and each one failed the same wasy.

Is there a question I can answer for you about defective Canon EOS 1DX cameras that are manufactured with defective parts that cause it to fail.

The blabk specs people see are shavings of plastic or metal and or oil spalsh from a piece of plastic rubbing up on metal. At some point it HAS to fail over and over even after being fixed. No amount of lube or oil can stop it. No way it will make it to 400,000 exposures as advertisied

After being through this THREE times and reading reports from people all over the world many of know that the 1DX is defective in design AND manufacturing

Know that the 1DX cannot focus when this issue rears it's ugly head. And there is NO WAY ANY 1DX with this metal rubbing on plastic will make it to 400,000 exposures! The design and manufacturing is defective.

Canon should make the cameras right and replace each one they sold as they know they sold defective cameras.

This really sounds like a class action law suit in the making

Can you help me out here with some of Your Links Posted Here on Dpreview with your problems?

Thanks

Walter Sr

Walter, this is easy for you to check based on the poster's history, and you've replied in a number of the related threads as well, so check the OP's posting history and that of your own.

In my first comment in this tread, I said “I could not find any of your posted problems with your 1Dx that you returned!

Can you help me out here with some posted problems?

Thanks”

So I did check his posting history and nowhere prior to this post was there any mention of problems with his alleged Canon 1Dx Camera.

Yes I did.  Read my  Jim 123  's posts again, carefully.  I also have photos posted illustrating what I am talking about....

To qualify myself, I do not own a 1DX, I survived the 1D3 fiasco and continue to have good success with this body.

I own the 1Dx, 1Ds II and III and have found valuable information about each on this site.

DPR users/posts represent a very small percentage of the worldwide user base for any body. In my experience we're more likely to see issues posted as opposed to satisfactory experiences

True!

Problems may arise due to hardware issues, operator problems, or too-high expectations. Forums like this one can help get this sorted out and a user on track.

Very true

2 1DX users have experienced problems with their cameras, and there are multiple threads & posts that document this. Why do you have a problem with this and what is your point?

How can your return something that you never owned or possessed?

Walter we've been through this on another thread, your comments are unnecessary and incorrect.

I have provided you with a link to my previous posts where I inquire and comment about my 1DX issues and others' as well.  I really don't get it, what's your deal?

I've owned 4 1DX bodies all with issues that warranted exchange.  I gave the camera my best try.  I finally grew tired of grappling with the issues and returned it without exchange.  That's the truth.

“The truth point to itself”

Walter Sr

Best regards,
Doug

-- hide signature --

I am out to take the perfect picture, if it exits!

Schwany
Schwany Forum Pro • Posts: 10,151
Yep, hindsight is awesome stuff
1

tvstaff wrote:

Schwany wrote:

tvstaff wrote:

Schwany wrote:

So you're on number 4? Masochist sounds like a better descriptor than sucker. he he

No I'm only going on #3 because one had to be repaired as opposed to being replaced and I went along for the ride...

So what's the magic number? How long before a BRAND NEW MIRROR BOX will fail in a 1DX that is a few weeks old and had a repair already? How long before I have splash in my screen and can't focus

Anyone want to take bets????

I saw another one of your posts where you said number 3 (I assume) had large oil spots and specks in the viewfinder and no longer focused. So all bets are off.

You should have returned number 1 and left it at that. Just saying.

You know what! You're right! 100% Right.

Easy to be 100% right after the fact.

 Schwany's gear list:Schwany's gear list
Canon EOS-1Ds Mark II Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS-1D Mark IV Canon EOS-1D X Canon EOS 5D Mark IV +14 more
GideonYST Forum Member • Posts: 52
Minute Particle as seen via Viewfinder

Sent the Canon 1DX for the affected camera due to the phenomena as per the Product Advisories  for service on 14 Oct, 2013.

Collected it on 17 Oct, 2013. Discovered minute particle through the viewfinder with black spot at the center bottom.

Sent for service on 18 Oct, 2013 and managed to clean it. Tested it on site with multiple quick shots and again another curvy minute particle appeared in the viewfinder on the right top corner. Service staff again managed to clean it too.

As stated in the Product Advisories, it is stated under Phenomena that...In some units of the models listed below, there is a possibility that the following phenomena may occur due to wear caused by insufficient lubrication within the camera's driving mechanism.' So inherently, the affected Canon 1DX is a defective camera in the first place. It explained the frequent appearance of the minute particles even though the affected camera has been serviced as in my case as stated above.

Have written to Canon and awaiting their position to deal with defective camera such as this flagship, top of the range Canon 1DX. I do not wish to visit the Service Center whenever there is another appearance of the minute particle in the viewfinder. Worst still, if the camera failed to operate in the future due to the presence of the minute particle even after being serviced by Canon.

Wondering if there is any official statement from Canon that they are doing something to ensure it would not cause this minute particle again?

 GideonYST's gear list:GideonYST's gear list
Canon EOS-1D Mark IV Canon EOS-1D X Canon EF 70-200mm F2.8L IS II USM Canon EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM Canon EF 24-70mm F2.8L II USM +2 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads