Quota limit reached?

Started Sep 26, 2013 | Discussions
Jill Hancock Junior Member • Posts: 28
Quota limit reached?

I am trying to upload photos and I keep getting the quota limit reached even though I only have 910 photos out of 1000 and 160mb out of 200. What is wrong?

Jill Hancock's gear list:Jill Hancock's gear list
Canon EOS Rebel T6i
(unknown member) Veteran Member • Posts: 3,214
Re: Quota limit reached?

Jill Hancock wrote:

I am trying to upload photos and I keep getting the quota limit reached even though I only have 910 photos out of 1000 and 160mb out of 200. What is wrong?

The only people who really know are the staffers and they not going to reply you because they are too lazy busy.

Here are my suggestions :

1/ Delete everything in your album and start afresh

or if that doesn't work

2/ Register for Jill_Hancock_2.  (Or better yet .... Name the new  account "YeathisismysecondJillHancockaccountandIhateallyagoodfornothingchallengezealotssogojumpinfrontofamovingbus"

babalu Regular Member • Posts: 325

@Jill, I have run into the same problem with an even less crowded status than yours yesterday. Deleting entries in the gallery did not help . I complained via the feedback function and am awaiting their feedback ...

babalu Regular Member • Posts: 325

Hi Jill, I think the problem is with DPR. I had the same issue as you have. When looking at the progression bar in my status in the gallery, I noticed a green "stop" at the end of the blue bar, that appeared when I marked a JPG for upload. It seems that it is being set at around 161 MB of allowed 200 MB for this month. As I am currently at 159 MB, and I wanted to still participate in one challenge, I reduced the size of my entry from over 4 MB to a bit more than 1 MB, and then the upload worked.

I am still not permitted to upload any more entries, though. Let's hope that DPR react to my feedback.

OP Jill Hancock Junior Member • Posts: 28

Thanks for your replies. I'll have to make sure I only use 160mb not 200 as stated.

Jill Hancock's gear list:Jill Hancock's gear list
Canon EOS Rebel T6i
Simon Joinson
Simon Joinson dpreview Admin • Posts: 5,019

Jill Hancock wrote:

if this happens please send a feedback (or IM me personally) and we can raise the quota.

-- hide signature --

Simon Joinson, Editor-in-chief
dpreview.com
connect.dpreview.com

Simon Joinson's gear list:Simon Joinson's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Sony RX100 II Canon EOS 20D Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM1 Nikon D750 +23 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads