Lets Hear your iOS7 Horror Stories

Started Sep 24, 2013 | Questions
Hulamike
Hulamike Senior Member • Posts: 2,810
Lets Hear your iOS7 Horror Stories

Please comment here regarding any horror stories in upgrading from iOS6 to iOS7.

I am primarily interested in problems with: Camera Roll & Photo Stream, Camera apps like: 645Pro MK II, KitCam and Editors like: Photogene 4, Snapseed.

of course please report any problems with other camera apps and photo editors you use. Are they quirky now? do the crash? Did any fail to appear after upgrading? that sort of thing.

mahalo!

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Saleen1999
Saleen1999 Senior Member • Posts: 1,599
Re: Lets Hear your iOS7 Horror Stories

I have had no problems so far and in fact, I love the way my pictures are organized by date and where they were taken. I think it's awesome. Finally some organizaton.

-- hide signature --

Melissa aka mustang_fan
Adobe Photoshop CS6 extended

Saleen1999's gear list:Saleen1999's gear list
Canon PowerShot G10 Nikon D3S Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-120mm f/3.5-5.6G ED-IF VR Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.4D Nikon AF Nikkor 70-300mm f/4-5.6G
Hulamike
OP Hulamike Senior Member • Posts: 2,810

Good to know. Do you use any alternate camera apps or just iPhone's installed camera?

wklee Veteran Member • Posts: 7,521

iPad 4 128GB. I find the App Store is more sluggish with iOS 7 than with iOS 6.1.3. The app folders are both good and bad. iOS 6 folder could store Max 14 Apps. iOS 7 app folders can now store many more but only 9 apps are viewable without swiping to see the subsequent pages.

-- hide signature --

Never buy version 1.0 of anything.

Hulamike

Thank you.

wklee Veteran Member • Posts: 7,521

I like the new notification centre but double clicking the home button to show the multitasking bar will display only 3 apps with previews.  Swipe upwards on the app preview to close the app. It was quicker to press and hold then click the x in iOS 6 for closing apps.

-- hide signature --

Never buy version 1.0 of anything.

Photato
Photato Senior Member • Posts: 2,473

Slower operations in general.

Battery runs shorter.

Kitcam app crash and it won't be updated.

With the native camera apps is harder to switch between Still and Video.

Shutter now works in burst mode all the time. No longer works in "release to shoot".

Photos app background is white when looking at pictures instead of black, hate that.

iOS7 rendered my third party USB cables useless, no longer work.

So i was like, enough of this BS !

So i went back to iOS6, everything is snappier, battery last longer and it just works.

this reminds me of the Microsoft Windows Vista fiasco.

Most people remained in Windows XP for a long time.

Photato's gear list:Photato's gear list
Panasonic LX100 Canon EOS M Canon EOS M6 Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS +9 more
Hulamike

I'm beginning to think ill stay put. I still have XP on my PC.

Do you have the camera connection kit? Does it work on 7?

Hulamike
Snapseed Bug

Looks like Snapseed has an iOS7 bug that won't save certain edits. As one of my go to apps that makes iOS 7 a real looser for me.

Any other similar reports regarding other apps? How about the Camera Connection Kit, does it work with ipad2 and iOS7?

Jen Yates Senior Member • Posts: 1,414

Then you're probably "doing it wrong".

Most people try and swipe along the edge to switch between camera modes, that's where the 'control' is so it makes sense to swipe there.

But in fact you can swipe anywhere on the screen. Once you learn that trick you'll find it much easier to switch...

Not that you'll need to seeing as you're using iOS 6 again.

The wonderful thing about software updates is they are purely optional. If you don't like change then you can always keep kicking it like it's 2012.

lanefAU
lanefAU Veteran Member • Posts: 6,342

None whatsoever on my iPhone 5, all good.

lanefAU's gear list:lanefAU's gear list
Samsung Galaxy Note 5 Canon G1 X II Nikon D810 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 16-35mm F4G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED +3 more
Photato
Photato Senior Member • Posts: 2,473

Jen Yates wrote:

Then you're probably "doing it wrong".

Most people try and swipe along the edge to switch between camera modes, that's where the 'control' is so it makes sense to swipe there.

But in fact you can swipe anywhere on the screen. Once you learn that trick you'll find it much easier to switch...

To be honest that was the least of my gripes with iOS7, but IMHO is a step back from the iOS6 UI design.

Not that you'll need to seeing as you're using iOS 6 again.

The wonderful thing about software updates is they are purely optional. If you don't like change then you can always keep kicking it like it's 2012.

No really, is not optional, Apple don't let you choose. Once in iOS7 you can't install iOS6

I managed to do it because there was a 2 day window of opportunity of switching back to iOS6 that no longer exist.

Honestly I don't care if is the latest software update or an old one.

I go with what works for me and Im happier with iOS6. It just work, better than iOS7

Photato's gear list:Photato's gear list
Panasonic LX100 Canon EOS M Canon EOS M6 Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS +9 more
Sal18 Veteran Member • Posts: 5,296

Love iOS7 on iPhone 5 and my iPad. (Why are you eager for horror stories??)

Sal

Mark B. Forum Pro • Posts: 24,115

Can't say I have any horror stories on my 4s or iPad2.  The battery on my 4s was already starting to drain faster, so if ios7 makes it worse I haven't noticed.

Mark

Hulamike

Eager to lean what works, what doesn't. I already know there's a prob with Snapseed. There must be others.

Does the camera connection kit work with iOS7 on an iPad?

Hulamike

Are you using 645Pro, Photogene ?

pavi1 Veteran Member • Posts: 6,866

Hulamike wrote:

Eager to lean what works, what doesn't. I already know there's a prob with Snapseed. There must be others.

Does the camera connection kit work with iOS7 on an iPad?

3rd gen iPad and iPhone 4GS works not only perfect but much better. I am sure there will be updates to many apps in the coming weeks, but what else is new. I probably get 20 - 40 updates a week with the old system.

Camera connection kit and eyefi work just as before.

Mark B. Forum Pro • Posts: 24,115

Hulamike wrote:

Are you using 645Pro, Photogene ?

No; while I've played around with Snapseed and a couple others, I don't find editing on either the iPad or iPhone to be very satisfying.

Hulamike

Thanks

lanefAU
lanefAU Veteran Member • Posts: 6,342
Re: Passcode Screen?

I can't get rid of it, when I go to "Passcode lock", the only option available is: "Immediately". In "Control Centre", I have set "Access on Lock Screen" to OFF, but it does not change anything. That could be a problem if in the future I want to sell the phone.

Anyone having this issue?

lanefAU's gear list:lanefAU's gear list
Samsung Galaxy Note 5 Canon G1 X II Nikon D810 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 16-35mm F4G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED +3 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads