Where have all the used DP Merrills gone?

Started Sep 17, 2013 | Discussions
Fenwoodian Contributing Member • Posts: 580
Where have all the used DP Merrills gone?

I'm a big buyer and seller on that popular internet auction website.  In the last few weeks I've not seen many DP1M, DP2M and especially DP3M cameras for sale on this popular auction website.

Does that mean owners are happy with their DPM cameras and are holding on to them?  I've got two of them and am looking to add a third (DP3M), but will probably end up buying a new one because used ones just aren't available.

Dave

Fenwoodian's gear list:Fenwoodian's gear list
Pentax K-1
Corkcampbell
Corkcampbell Forum Pro • Posts: 17,804
Not sure why you would want to buy used now.

The DP3 is $100 less than the other two and comes with a four-year warranty (US, longer in Canada, from what I've heard). Those are compelling reasons to just order it new. I also want one, but am not in the US right now, so I'll have to wait.

Correction: The DP1M is also $899.

Corkcampbell's gear list:Corkcampbell's gear list
Sigma DP2 Merrill Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX10 Sony RX100 III Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH3 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH4 +5 more
digi2ap Contributing Member • Posts: 679
Re: Where have all the used DP Merrills gone?

Well I might well be letting go of my DP1M though I'd prefer not to use the said auction site if possible. It is a fine camera but I think that I will stick with the previous generation DP cameras and may yet buy an SD15!!
--
http://digi2ap.wordpress.com/

digi2ap's gear list:digi2ap's gear list
Sigma dp1 Quattro Sigma SD1 Merrill Sigma 10-20mm F3.5 EX DC HSM Sigma 18-35mm F1.8 DC HSM Art +1 more
jande9
jande9 Senior Member • Posts: 1,172
Re: Where have all the used DP Merrills gone?

Henry's in Toronto sells the DP3M for $799.CAD as a special order.  They are a good store.

jande9's gear list:jande9's gear list
Sigma DP1s Sigma DP2 Merrill Pentax K-x Sony Alpha NEX-7
Corkcampbell
Corkcampbell Forum Pro • Posts: 17,804
Great price, and don't Sigma products get a really extended warranty in Canada? (nt)

no text

Corkcampbell's gear list:Corkcampbell's gear list
Sigma DP2 Merrill Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX10 Sony RX100 III Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH3 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH4 +5 more
jande9
jande9 Senior Member • Posts: 1,172
Re: Great price, and don't Sigma products get a really extended warranty in Canada? (nt)

Canadian warranty just one year.  USA warranty 4 years.

jande9's gear list:jande9's gear list
Sigma DP1s Sigma DP2 Merrill Pentax K-x Sony Alpha NEX-7
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads