New Forum Split Poll (Per brand opinions)

Started Sep 15, 2013 | Polls
Martin.au
Martin.au Forum Pro • Posts: 13,223
New Forum Split Poll (Per brand opinions)

Sorry guys. Just curious as to whether there is a signal from one brand, or the other, that is drowned out by the multitude from the other brand.

Martin.au's gear list:Martin.au's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus E-M1 II Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm F4.0-5.6 Panasonic Lumix G Fisheye 8mm F3.5 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 12-50mm 1:3.5-6.3 EZ +7 more
POLL
I predominantly own Panasonic gear and want to split the forum into Panasonic M4/3s and Olympus M4/3s.
6.4% 19  votes
I predominantly own Panasonic gear and do not want to split the forum into Panasonic M4/3s and Olympus M4/3s.
13.9% 41  votes
I predominantly own Olympus gear and want to split the forum into Panasonic M4/3s and Olympus M4/3s.
3.7% 11  votes
I predominantly own Olympus gear and do not want to split the forum into Panasonic M4/3s and Olympus M4/3s.
29.7% 88  votes
I own both and do want to split the forums
3.4% 10  votes
I own both and don't want to split the forum
35.8% 106  votes
Hey, OP. You can take this poll and shove it up yo..........bzzzt crackle.....spht!!!
7.1% 21  votes
  Show results
Martin.au
OP Martin.au Forum Pro • Posts: 13,223
Re: New Forum Split Poll (Per brand opinions)

Lol. Having carefully written the pol to make sure all the options were easy to understand and unambiguous, I then went and put my vote in the wrong option.

I win dumbarse of the week award.

Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus E-M1 II Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm F4.0-5.6 Panasonic Lumix G Fisheye 8mm F3.5 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 12-50mm 1:3.5-6.3 EZ +7 more
jalywol
jalywol Veteran Member • Posts: 9,455

Mjankor wrote:

Lol. Having carefully written the pol to make sure all the options were easy to understand and unambiguous, I then went and put my vote in the wrong option.

You can change your vote...there's a little link just under the last poll result for that...

deleted-13120401 Regular Member • Posts: 212

Mjankor wrote:

Sorry guys. Just curious as to whether there is a signal from one brand, or the other, that is drowned out by the multitude from the other brand.

Need a poll as to whether or not to have any more of these polls. I vote 'yes, but no more polls about polls'.

Martin.au

jalywol wrote:

Mjankor wrote:

You can change your vote...there's a little link just under the last poll result for that...

I know. Just thought I'd highlight my stupidity.

jack Hoggard
jack Hoggard Contributing Member • Posts: 825

The poll did that. 

-- hide signature --

jaxupra

jack Hoggard's gear list:jack Hoggard's gear list
Olympus Stylus 1 Sony Xperia Z Ultra Google Nexus 7 +1 more
Rocky ID Olympian Contributing Member • Posts: 706

So dominant majority don't want to split the forum, as me too don't want to see this forum split into two.

One of the beauty of m43 is that it is open with m43 standard. I have Olympus cameras and lenses, but definitely also have the popular Panasonic lenses too. I don't want to go to Oly m43 forum for my body and Oly lenses then go to Pana m43 forum to talk about Pana lenses, which Inuse on Oly body.

Keep this m43 forum as one please!

Rocky ID Olympian's gear list:Rocky ID Olympian's gear list
Olympus E-300 Olympus PEN E-PL1 Olympus E-5 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus E-M1 +15 more
SHood Veteran Member • Posts: 5,093
Missing an option

How about splitting bodies and lenses into separate forums.  No brand separation is needed.  The lens forum could even include all of the 4/3 lens with the introduction of the E-M1.  This is long overdue.

-- hide signature --
 SHood's gear list:SHood's gear list
Sony RX100 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH3 Olympus E-M1 II Panasonic Lumix G Vario 100-300mm F4-5.6 OIS Olympus M.Zuiko 300mm F4 IS Pro
jack Hoggard
jack Hoggard Contributing Member • Posts: 825
Re: Missing an option

The only fora split that way are Canon and Nikon DSLRs.  We aren't in that league yet.

-- hide signature --

jaxupra

jack Hoggard's gear list:jack Hoggard's gear list
Olympus Stylus 1 Sony Xperia Z Ultra Google Nexus 7 +1 more
Aleo Veuliah
MOD Aleo Veuliah Forum Pro • Posts: 14,737
Re: The forum will not split. Because.

First, Dpreview already said many times that the forum continue like it is.

Second, the majority of users from both brands are fine this way.

Third, there is not much trolling neither fights between users, and this way is better to share information and have more threads and reply's.

-- hide signature --

Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.
Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist.
Pure logic is the ruin of the spirit.
If plan A doesn't work, the alphabet has 25 more letters, keep calm.
Imagination is more important than knowledge.
God is the tangential point between zero and infinity.
Aleo Photo Site

Aleo Veuliah's gear list:Aleo Veuliah's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS1 Panasonic FZ1000 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G2 Panasonic Lumix DC-G9 +6 more
Martin.au
Re: The forum will not split. Because.

Aleo Veuliah wrote:

First, Dpreview already said many times that the forum continue like it is.

Second, the majority of users from both brands are fine this way.

Third, there is not much trolling neither fights between users, and this way is better to share information and have more threads and reply's.

And now we have numbers to support your points. Agreed.

artisanat Contributing Member • Posts: 744

I think the forum should be split in 4 groups:  black gear, silver gear, black and silver gear, and other combinations.  Clearly the only black people shouldn't have to mix opinions with the others.

-- hide signature --

Cheers
Art

GGD New Member • Posts: 24

Are you going to keep having polls till you get one you like????

I have pany equipment, intend to get some oly stuff, whenever kodak finally gets their act together I cant wait to get a kodak m43s camera.....furthermore its just plain idiotic tear down a nice forum like the one we have, sure some people dont have any social IQ but they might be able to change if given a chance....

GGD's gear list:GGD's gear list
Kodak DC265 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ30 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM5 Panasonic Lumix G Vario HD 14-140mm F4-5.8 OIS +4 more
Martin.au

GGD wrote:

Are you going to keep having polls till you get one you like????

I have pany equipment, intend to get some oly stuff, whenever kodak finally gets their act together I cant wait to get a kodak m43s camera.....furthermore its just plain idiotic tear down a nice forum like the one we have, sure some people dont have any social IQ but they might be able to change if given a chance....

Hey. I haven't done any (well, not on this subject) polls so far. I just wanted to make sure that with the various polls that had been done, that there wasn't a small contingent of users from one brand, that were having their votes and threads drowned out by all the Olympus blathering.

ThePhilips Contributing Member • Posts: 749
Why split? Why "Per brand"?

The most important question is:

1. Why do you think the split is necessary?

Until people agree on the #1, I doubt anything constructive would ever come out of the discussions.

And, can anybody give me any good reasons:

2. Why do you think the per-brand split make sense for m43 at all?

3. How the per-brand split supposed to work in practice, when overwhelming number of people own something of both brands?

My answers are: (1) 1041 is IMO overcrowded, (2) no sense at all, (3) it won't work at all.

Since I think that 1041 is overcrowded, I think the simplest way to solve the problem is to simply the discussions by the already established pattern from Canon and Nikon forums. In other words by the gear level: forum for E-PM/E-PL/GF/G and forum for OMD/GH/GX (and one m43 general).

ThePhilips's gear list:ThePhilips's gear list
Olympus E-520 Olympus E-620 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50mm 1:2.0 Macro Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 17mm 1:2.8 Pancake +9 more
tgutgu Veteran Member • Posts: 4,110
Can We, please, stop this

Can we please stop this kind of polls and posts? Posts about splitting this forum become like spam. It should be clear by now that a majority of members don't want a split, because they work with products from Olympus and Panasonic. So hard to get? Additionally there are more than just these two m4/3 manufacturers. There are Voigtlaender, Samyang, Tamron, Sigma. Then we have third party manufacturers for accessories like bags, tripods, grips etc. Where should these topics go? m4/3 is one system. The forum should not be split.

-- hide signature --

Thomas

tgutgu's gear list:tgutgu's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX8 Olympus E-PL7 Olympus E-M1 II Panasonic Lumix DC-G9 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-45mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS +31 more
n3eg
n3eg Senior Member • Posts: 2,292

Remember:  All the polls say there are no people who don't vote in polls.

-- hide signature --

It ain't easy being me, but someone's gotta do it.

n3eg's gear list:n3eg's gear list
Olympus PEN E-PL5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM1 Kodak Pixpro S-1 Olympus E-M5 II Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 25mm F1.8 +57 more
Marla
Marla Veteran Member • Posts: 8,994

Happy with this forum just the way it is.  Maybe a few more smiles would be nice!

-- hide signature --

Maria

Marla's gear list:Marla's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1 Olympus PEN-F Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-45mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS Panasonic Leica D Summilux Asph 25mm F1.4 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 R +1 more
markintosh13
markintosh13 Veteran Member • Posts: 4,109

Marla wrote:

Happy with this forum just the way it is. Maybe a few more smiles would be nice!

Martin.au

Marla wrote:

Happy with this forum just the way it is. Maybe a few more smiles would be nice!

Here you go. He's happy.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads