anyone else deeply disturbed by this example from Sony?

Started Sep 11, 2013 | Discussions
Barrie Davis
Barrie Davis Forum Pro • Posts: 21,460
Be careful what you wish for.

108 wrote:

Sony knows that big irises are an open sexual invitation...disturbed ? what's the matter with you people, you're all gays ? .....lol

No. It is not big irises that are sexy. Big pupils are a turn-on.

Pupils are the dark bit in the middle. Irises are the coloured bit around the middle.

Because they become dilated on arousal, enlarged and lustrous pupils are considered alluring in traditional Asian and European cultures. Less so in the States, where large pupils have come to be associated with drug taking.

As it is, with the Sony treatment shown in the picture the WHOLE of the eye appears pumped up (inflated) fit to go off Pop! This is similar to a serious diseased condition.

Note: Big eyes are generally associated with juveniles of all species, making all babies endearing and worthy of nurturing. Unfortunately, excessively big eyes in the faces of mature women is fostering any tendency to paedophilia, as do the very small childlike noses created by plastic surgeons..

[Nasty!? Certainly it is nasty.]

-- hide signature --

Regards,
Baz
:
"Ahh... But the thing is, these guys were no ORDINARY time travellers!"

Barrie Davis's gear list:Barrie Davis's gear list
Konica Minolta DiMAGE A2
Toccata47 Senior Member • Posts: 2,800
Who cares? You choose what effects to apply, if any.

I'm no more "deeply disturbed" about the alien effect than I am about having an option to cross process or see a composition in black and white....sheesh, it's a filter effect there are real things in the world to be concerned about.

antoineb Veteran Member • Posts: 6,625
If true it's quite funny - you forgot to include the link though

bigwigthebig wrote:

I was on Sony's website today and saw this example of the types of things that the RX100 can do with it's beauty effects and think that the alien appearance of the picture on the right may haunt my dreams for quite some time. This is the best that they can do? I'm going to buy this camera just so that I can make everyone's irises twice the normal size.

antoineb's gear list:antoineb's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ8 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ18 Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS7 Olympus TG-610 Nikon D7000 +5 more
stevo23 Forum Pro • Posts: 19,011
Re: Where is a link? I can't find it...

bigwigthebig wrote:

http://store.sony.com/c/Cybershot-Digital-Cameras/en/c/S_Digital_Cameras

OK, it's not specific to the RX100, it's a general thing.

That's just plain vile. It should be called the Barbie effect.

stevo23's gear list:stevo23's gear list
Fujifilm X-Pro2 Fujifilm XF 60mm F2.4 R Macro Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R Fujifilm XF 27mm F2.8 Fujifilm XF 23mm F1.4 R +3 more
JohnK Veteran Member • Posts: 7,002
Yikes! NT

NT

-- hide signature --

JohnK
Take a picture, it'll last longer.

JohnK's gear list:JohnK's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-5 Sony Alpha NEX-5N Sony a6300 Canon Pixma Pro-100
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads