solid and amazing

Started Sep 10, 2013 | User reviews
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
MasDhani New Member • Posts: 1
solid and amazing

This is my 1st camera, actually when I want to buying camera, I focused on budget, and after I browsing I found this K-01, at that time there is promotion, and I buy at $460 with 2 lens kit, 18-55mm and 50-200mm, day by day I used this camera, I fell this is an amazing camera, with special price and full with feature, may be because I'm still newbie, but trust me this is a solid & great camera

and as a mirrorless camera he doesn't need to use any adapter for other Pentax lens, because he have the same mount with SLR Pentax's

my concern is, he can't use trigger

Pentax K-01
16 megapixels • 3 screen • APS-C sensor
Announced: Feb 2, 2012
MasDhani's score
Average community score
bad for good for
Kids / pets
Action / sports
Landscapes / scenery
Low light (without flash)
Flash photography (social)
Studio / still life
= community average
ASR45 Forum Pro • Posts: 35,825
Re: solid and amazing

Nice to know, i have also seen good things from it.

-- hide signature --

It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.
Mark Twain

ASR45's gear list:ASR45's gear list
Canon PowerShot G16 Canon EF 100-400mm F4.5-5.6L IS II Canon EOS-1D X Nikon D750 Canon EOS 7D Mark II +7 more
JeffAHayes Senior Member • Posts: 1,968

It didn't appeal to me, but one of our forum members who lives in Montreal has posted a great many beautiful nature images -- primarily frogs and other "water" shots -- he took with his, so it's obviously a camera capable of producing some excellent images in the right hands.

-- hide signature --

A word is worth 1/1000th of a picture... Maybe that's why I use so many words!

JeffAHayes's gear list:JeffAHayes's gear list
Pentax WG-3 Pentax K-5 Pentax K-30 Pentax K-3 Pentax smc DA* 16-50mm F2.8 ED AL (IF) SDM +8 more
brandrx Forum Pro • Posts: 28,337

The K-01 is an extremely fun camera to use IMO. I liked it so much that I bought seven of them. I have given away three so far and I might give one more away. However, I am keeping a black, a white, and a yellow one for myself.

-- hide signature --

Ron - 'We don't have time to go take pics this afternoon Carl.'
Carl - 'What do you mean? It will only take 1/1000s.'
'Keep your eyes looking forward. However, glance back now and then to see where you've come from. It will put a smile on your face.' ~ brandrx

leopold Forum Pro • Posts: 14,047

Glad you like it so much !

I also like mine a lot, sure it's not perfect but it's so much fun to shoot with and it feels solid in the hands. IQ is great and it might become a collector item

Happy shooting.

leopold's gear list:leopold's gear list
Canon EOS 7D Fujifilm X-E1 Canon EF 400mm f/5.6L USM Canon EF 70-200mm f/4.0L USM Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R +3 more
mike703 Veteran Member • Posts: 6,592

I agree.  It has some obvious limitations but the IQ for the money (mine was £219 UK, cheaper than my mid-range compact) is great.  It's not much use for sports / action but for anything that doesn't move much it works fine.

Best wishes

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads