>>> Street Photography eXchange #57 <<<

Started Aug 22, 2013 | Discussions
Sal18 Veteran Member • Posts: 5,296
Re: Fuji X100

What do you dislike about the auto ISO, Frank? Of course, you don't have to use it,  but I like it for certain conditions. When I get onto my desktop I'll find one I shot at very close range, the subject unawarel. The silent shutter is a dream.

It's the only camera I used in Maine for a week - and doing so made me more comfortable with it. Coming from a DSLR there are instincts and expectations that need to be rewired.

Sal

Re: >>> Street Photography eXchange #57 <<

Something bad has just happened outside the frame to the left. THis is wonderful - the expressions, the variety of people, the unanswered questions....

Sal

Re: Fuji X100-for Frank

Close and silent. SOOC jpeg.

Sal

Hmm. Not showing up?

Try again:

Sal

zenfr2009 Senior Member • Posts: 1,204
Re: >>> Street Photography eXchange #57 <<<

X1 :

zenfr2009's gear list:zenfr2009's gear list
Leica X1 Canon PowerShot G1 X Fujifilm X100S Panasonic LX10 Nikon D300S +3 more
OP xtoph Veteran Member • Posts: 9,871

Good use of the screen light  The colors are lovely and make the couple stand out very well--perhaps too well, as they look a little punched out from the bg, esp around the feet. A very slight dodge of the shadow tones around their shoes and/or burn of their feet might help ground them.

Re: read and sing

The first two have a sense of that magical crowd choreography that you do so well, where myriad individual figures stand out and seem to complement each other with felicitous grace. The last one seems less successful to me because the dog doesnt quite read right.

Thanks for your good advices.

Nex5N :

Leica X1 Canon PowerShot G1 X Fujifilm X100S Panasonic LX10 Nikon D300S +3 more
Still Young Senior Member • Posts: 1,759
dream

Attention!

After the bombardment on my poor red watermelons, I escaped for a while into a shelter, hopefully the area is quite.

And I promise from now on not to post such "anti art" images unless I get permission from the owners.

a prove: here you can see on the bg a pure b&w watermelon!

still

how much

Re: dream

This shot is interesting and kind of funny, too. The beads echo the wires; the little figure goes with the bearded faces on the poster (even if it is a bit disturbingly located); the hands are good and even the watermelons (i noticed them before i read your mea culpa) contribute (though i wish the bg guy didnt look like he is about to take a bite out of the sign).

As for the selective color fiasco, really we have only ourselves to blame, for not stamping out every spark of hope when you last posted the laundry selective color pic ...     ; p

sorry. bad dpr. another try

Charles Pike
Charles Pike Senior Member • Posts: 1,527
Breaking for Lunch.

I do try to get to town at least once a week, and when it gets cooler, I plan on taking a week and just shoot in areas of Charlotte I don't normally get to.  Here is one from one of my walks through the uptown during the lunch hour.  I shoot with primes, it comes from my days shooting film when zooms just were not all that great.  When shooting with a wide angle lens, you sometimes get more into the photo than you want, but everything will be in fair focus from about a foot in front of your lens to infinity.

The weather is warm and the food is great, and it is a good day to go shooting.

I forget which holiday was coming up, but they were on their way to deliver posters to a pub.

The light is reflected off the windows of a bank and he is singing to who ever will listen.

Ok, this was taken during a NASCAR festival in Charlotte called speed street.  There were two models and you could have your picture taken with them.  This was the woman taking all of the pictures.  I asked if I could take hers, and she said ok, but I really don't like my picture talen.  Still a great smile.

This was taken with one of my early digital cameras.  There was a show going on during the evening and I think this might have been one of the dancers as she had just come out of the theater.  It works well in color too, but I just really like b&w best.

www.photosbypike.com

Charles Pike's gear list:Charles Pike's gear list
Fujifilm X-Pro2 Fujifilm XF 27mm F2.8 Fujifilm XF 35mm F2 R WR Fujifilm XF 23mm F2 R WR
fad
fad Forum Pro • Posts: 16,618
Re: >>> Street Photography eXchange #57 <<

James Bligh wrote:

fad wrote:

Zubu Barunda wrote:

Ever since Sal told us that young people do not have interesting facial expressions, I've been haunted by that thought.

Frank, I wonder whether you envy their youth, of course you'll deny it but I guess you do in your deep psychology. Not particularly an interesting picture but their clothing is nice, I mean fashion and they look handsome and beautiful. I'll be lying if I say I don't.

The problem is I like the beauty and grace of their bodies.  But their facial expressions tend to empty.

-- hide signature --

Frank
shot in downtown Manhattan.
http://sidewalkshadows.com/blog/ (street photos)
Always view all photos in Gallery or Original Size

fad's gear list:fad's gear list
Nikon D3S Nikon D800 Nikon D4S Nikon D810 Nikon D750 +19 more
Seemed to work

Both this post and sals, above, seemed to be visible befor posting the second try, fwiw--dpr has been having problems with broken links, to be sure, but i find they aresometimes illusory--i check the post in a second browser first before i assume it really isnt working.

The red here seems like it is a natural subject, but i wonder if this might not be one of those counterintuitive instances where it actually works better in bw. (havent tried it myself as i am currently on a mobile device.)

geraldPP Senior Member • Posts: 1,760
Going Round
Zubu Barunda Senior Member • Posts: 2,834
Carnival Dancers

Another one -NSFW-

different moods

Paris in the summer ...

... when it drizzles !:-)