>>>Oly Challenge 216...Daydreams...<<<

Started Aug 17, 2013 | Discussions
bofo777 Senior Member • Posts: 1,609
>>>Oly Challenge 216...Daydreams...<<<

If I need to do more manipulation on the website please inform me. Thanks a bunch for all the help I almost had EGG on my face (Ha Ha) Good luck with ...Daydreams.... John

bofo777's gear list:bofo777's gear list
Olympus E-1 Olympus E-5 Olympus E-M1 Olympus E-M1 II Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50mm 1:2.0 Macro +11 more
MercurySoft1
MercurySoft1 Forum Pro • Posts: 10,161
...and here's the rest of the story....

Great theme John! I'm looking forward to seeing a lot of creativity on this one. Here is the rest of the info everyone needs:

The challenge runs from now, August 16, 2013, until Monday, August 26th, 5pm EST (9pm GMT). That’s when the voting will start and last for two days. On Wednesday, August 28 , 2013 at 5pm EST (9pm GMT), the winner will be declared and that’s who will host the next challenge.

Newcomers are most certainly welcome and encouraged to join the fun. Just post here if you need assistance to get images into the gallery or if you are not certain what's going on. We all started off clueless and make the same mistakes.

To post a photo in any of the galleries, just select the gallery of choice from below: Competition or Exhibition or Originals. On the top of the page you will see "edit this gallery", click on that and it will ask for a password. Enter "kickass" (don't ask, just keep it lower case) and you should be able to make it from there. If you still need assistance, ask and you shall be answered. Sometimes the answer is even the right one!

Add your name after the title (makes voting easier). Please limit your image sizes to 800 pixels or less on the long side, and make sure the file size is no more than 200kB. Pbase lets us run these challenges free on their website, so please honor their generosity by keeping your file size reasonable. Ensure the EXIF data is intact for the competition, with the date it was taken.

Starting gallery - contains the other galleries and a link to the general rules:

http://www.pbase.com/oly_foto_review/c216_challenge

Competition gallery - for pictures taken to the theme with a 4/3 or µ4/3 camera, during the challenge entry time

http://www.pbase.com/oly_foto_review/c216_competition

Exhibition gallery - for pictures taken to the theme at any time, with any camera:

http://www.pbase.com/oly_foto_review/c216_exhibition

Originals gallery - if you want to show how the original photo looked before you modified it:

http://www.pbase.com/oly_foto_review/c216_originals

If your clock doesn't show GMT, here is Catman’s time calculator:

http://www.worldtimeserver.com/current_time_in_UTC.aspx

-- hide signature --

Shirl Haden
www.pbase.com/shaden008

MercurySoft1's gear list:MercurySoft1's gear list
Olympus E-300 Olympus E-5 Olympus E-M1 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50mm 1:2.0 Macro Olympus Zuiko Digital 14-54mm 1:2.8-3.5 II +3 more
wearwear
wearwear Regular Member • Posts: 370
3 in the X
-- hide signature --
 wearwear's gear list:wearwear's gear list
Nikon D610 Olympus E-M1 II Nikon AF-S Nikkor 16-35mm F4G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-120mm F4G ED VR +1 more
endika Senior Member • Posts: 1,748
Congratulations for your win John

Still travelling in Galice, but found the time to post one in exhibition.

-- hide signature --
Re: Congratulations for your win John

I'm experiencing strange problems in editing and uploading this image... decidely, tablets have not replaced laptops yet

I'll try later.

-- hide signature --
MercurySoft1
MercurySoft1 Forum Pro • Posts: 10,161
There you are Endika!

I thought we'd lost you, I came back from vacation and you  weren't around.  I hope you are having a wonderful time.  You know it's been hard without Brent being here.  I really miss him a lot.  So, losing you around here would have been a really bad thing.

Hugs to you and Marimontse!

-- hide signature --

Shirl Haden
www.pbase.com/shaden008

MercurySoft1's gear list:MercurySoft1's gear list
Olympus E-300 Olympus E-5 Olympus E-M1 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50mm 1:2.0 Macro Olympus Zuiko Digital 14-54mm 1:2.8-3.5 II +3 more
Hi Shirley!

Nice to hear from you, a big hug from Montse and me. Me too I'm missing Brent a lot and I hope he'll return one day.

Still I'm experiencing some very strange problems and I'm not able to crop the image properly, neither to upload it to the gallery. I hope to have access to a true computer in a couple of days and I'll be able to fix it.

-- hide signature --
Stefan Kaben Veteran Member • Posts: 4,736
Two in the comp

Nice theme John, and already there are some wonderful entries. Congrats again on the win; I have a feeling you'll be there again!

I spent all day yesterday with a friend and a camera. Had a wonderful time and, unusually, I'm in the comp before even looking my archives for the X. Wheeeeeee ... off we go.

-- hide signature --
 Stefan Kaben's gear list:Stefan Kaben's gear list
Olympus E-M1
Hi Endika

It's nice to have you back, even if you're still away :-). I've heard that Santander, a town near Galicia, is one of the most heavily instrumented cities in the world. There are even sensors in the pavement to tell drivers where an open parking spot can be found. Very cool and a little scarey at the same time.

Enjoy your travels! And Hello to Montse.

-- hide signature --
Olympus E-M1
BarryRS Contributing Member • Posts: 880
dreamt up a few

3 in ex & 1 in comp

Barry

Drummer Forum Pro • Posts: 12,270
two in comp, one in exhib.

This is the challenge I've only dreamt about.

-- hide signature --

David
www.pbase.com/bluesfish
http://www.dpreview.com/Galleries/7824292590/photos
If you can't make sense, go make nonsense. It's better than no sense at all.

Okay, third in comp

Great challenge idea John.  Hope you'll get to present more in the future!  I've got to find more for the exhib.  But I might try to shoot those instead of searching the archives.

-- hide signature --

David
www.pbase.com/bluesfish

OP bofo777 Senior Member • Posts: 1,609
Re: >>>Oly Challenge 216...Daydreams...<<<

Thanks for all the Congrats and help from everybody ... So far great photography for all you guys and gals....Keep DAYDREAMING and give me some of your best stuff...PS I have never won anything before so if you think I am a little stand offish I am still in a DAZE....Bare with me...John

Olympus E-1 Olympus E-5 Olympus E-M1 Olympus E-M1 II Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50mm 1:2.0 Macro +11 more
Make it three [nt]

-- hide signature --
Olympus E-M1
faranya Senior Member • Posts: 1,548
Congrats on the victory ... and a great theme! And other stuff too.

I will dream up some entries now.

People may notice my Ex entries are often done with a Canon 650D these days, but that was a bit beyond my control. I got the camera with Airmiles on behalf of someone else, who then decided it was too complicated and gave it back. This particular model (T4i) has already been discontinued. I like it OK, given that it was free, and have bought a zoom lens for it, but don't enjoy using it nearly as much as my Olympus - and the file size is huge (18 megapixels). But my 70-300 Zuiko lens needs repairs again. Shutter blades are stuck (again). I'm wondering if I should save up for a replacement as this will be its third repair. My E-3 needs a sensor cleaning but works great except for scenes with a lot of clear blue sky and is still my favorite. My E-620 is totally defunct. The E-510 works when it wants to.

Hence, the Canon.

Brenda

faranya's gear list:faranya's gear list
Canon EF 100mm F2.8L Macro IS USM
Brenda,

I hear you on the equipment travails. My E510 gave up the ghost years ago. My 12-60 was repaired twice anf the E3 once (my fault all times). Now the 12-60 got all busted up by thieves before I recovered it (though the optics remain intact), the E3 got banged up on rocks and now the viewfinder is cracked and wonky. Neither of those are anything close to weather-sealed any longer, which is a bummer. Still, we do what we can with what we have. And judging by your entries, you're doing very well thank you very much!

-- hide signature --
Olympus E-M1
Hang in there John

It can be a daunting task to run a challenge, especially for the first time.  But, when you look back after the smoke clears, you'll say that wasn't so bad after all.

-- hide signature --

David
www.pbase.com/bluesfish

OP bofo777 Senior Member • Posts: 1,609
Re: Hang in there John

David-- I think I'm running it -- sometimes I wonder if I should have Not almost ruined by wife's stove for this great privilege.. thanks for your wonderful entries and keep DAYDREAMING...   John   http://www.pbase.com/oly_foto_review/c216_challenge

Re: Hi Endika

Hi Stefan!

I have been in Santander, but this new system was not implemented yet. In Barcelona, it's almost universal a system that marks with a little green light every free place at the subway parkings. Very useful indeed, and you miss it when you're away!

Last week of our vacations at Montse's town, and then back to our rutines. Bad and good thing

-- hide signature --
Finally

Finally I could process properly and upload my photo to the exhinbition gallery.

Tablets are great, but they cannot replace true computers by now...

-- hide signature --
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads