Active use of Gary Friedman's A99 e-book version 1.02 may prevent the onset of Alzheimer's

Started Aug 11, 2013 | Discussions
Old Man River Regular Member • Posts: 251
Active use of Gary Friedman's A99 e-book version 1.02 may prevent the onset of Alzheimer's

I just downloaded my free A99 e-book update from Gary Friedman as a paying customer for the original A99 e-book (and his A77 e-book, too.)

Since making these cost-effective investments from the Friedman Archives Press (compared to the price of my gear and accessories), I have rarely referred back to the Sony camera manuals, except once recently when I needed to be absolutely certain of the compatible authentic A99 Sony DC power adapter model number for an eBay purchase.

Gary has a way of making the vast intricacies and inter-relationships of A99 functions click (pardon the shutter pun).

Because of his writings I am going deeper and retaining more, faster. Many of his tips are real time savers. Because there is so much content, I find that I use the index to access a subject on the fly when an issue pops into my consciousness.

I trust that others are having similar experiences with his materials.

It's hard to believe that up until about a year ago I considered myself to be too advanced to benefit from such a book.

Sony Alpha a99 Sony SLT-A77
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
William Curtindale
William Curtindale Veteran Member • Posts: 8,662
Re: Active use of Gary Friedman's A99 e-book version 1.02 may prevent the onset of Alzheimer's

Gary's ebook is a solid and compressive manual / guide on the A99 and it's great for those who purchased it to get the free updates. Highly recommended for beginners and advanced a like.  I just downloaded my update.

-- hide signature --

A99, A900, A700 w/Zeiss Glass + Sony G

William Curtindale's gear list:William Curtindale's gear list
Sony a6500 Sony E 16-55mm F2.8 G
Alan_S
Alan_S Senior Member • Posts: 1,843
+1 (NT)
-- hide signature --

- AlanS

Alan_S's gear list:Alan_S's gear list
Sony a99 II Sony 70-200mm F2.8 G Sony 16-35mm F2.8 ZA SSM Carl Zeiss Vario-Sonnar T* Sony 24-70mm F2.8 ZA SSM Carl Zeiss Vario-Sonnar T* Sony 70-400mm F4-5.6 G SSM II +2 more
FlyNavy Regular Member • Posts: 395
Gary's eBooks

Yes indeed!  Gary's books are a must have for any Sony shooter!  I have both his A99 and the Nex6 eBooks.

Wow!

-- hide signature --
splashy
splashy Veteran Member • Posts: 3,489
Re: Active use of Gary Friedman's A99 e-book version 1.02 may prevent the onset of Alzheimer's

William Curtindale wrote:

Gary's ebook is a solid and compressive manual / guide on the A99 and it's great for those who purchased it to get the free updates. Highly recommended for beginners and advanced a like. I just downloaded my update.

I fact I got an email yesterday, there was an revised version for the A99 waiting.

The book IS a must have.

splashy's gear list:splashy's gear list
Sony a7R III Sony FE 55mm F1.8 Sony 20mm F1.8G Tamron 28-200mm F2.8-5.6 +1 more
OP Old Man River Regular Member • Posts: 251

I don't think I would ever have been able to fully understand all of the subtler implications of certain of the vast A99 menu options without Gary's written commentary on how each setting actually functions (and the disclosure of his personal menu settings).

There are five separate chapters covering the full spectrum of these elections.  Some of these more obscure menu options that were previously left to the default settings on my A99 (& A77) have now been reconfigured in a way that is optimized for the type of photography I do.  If they are still on their default, it's for a reason.

The e-book is also peppered with "Aha! moment" tip boxes that are a quick and valuable read, in and of themselves.

Jacob James Junior Member • Posts: 48

I love the book. I have so much fun learning from it, I'm going slow because I don't want it to end! Thanks for the update advice, as I usually don't check the email used so I was surprised to see update available.

Jacob James's gear list:Jacob James's gear list
Sony 24-70mm F2.8 ZA SSM Carl Zeiss Vario-Sonnar T*
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads