Close ups with the Da*300.

Started Aug 5, 2013 | Photos
ASR45
ASR45 Forum Pro • Posts: 36,777
Close ups with the Da*300.

loads of hover flies around our poppies, like bees round a honey pot.  

-- hide signature --

Alan.
It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.
Mark Twain

ASR45's gear list:ASR45's gear list
Canon EF 100-400mm F4.5-5.6L IS II Nikon D750 Pentax KP Canon 6D Mark II Nikon AF Nikkor 80-400mm f/4.5-5.6D ED VR +11 more
TomWret
TomWret Senior Member • Posts: 2,927
Re: Close ups with the Da*300.

Alan, great shots as usual love #3.

Tom W(ret)

-- hide signature --

...a bad picture is like a missed putt, it's never your fault.

TomWret's gear list:TomWret's gear list
Pentax K-3 II Pentax smc D-FA 100mm F2.8 Macro WR Pentax smc D-FA 50mm F2.8 Macro Pentax 16-85mm F3.5-5.6 WR Epson Stylus Photo R3000 +4 more
Jenna B
Jenna B Senior Member • Posts: 2,700

I love hoverflies, such posers! Is it still sunny where you are then? We've had rain for the last week!

-- hide signature --

Always smiling! Jenn x
Flikr = http://www.flickr.com/photos/silentskies/
Personal Website = http://www.silentskies.co.uk/

Jenna B's gear list:Jenna B's gear list
Pentax K100D Pentax K-5 II Pentax smc DA 55-300mm F4.0-5.8 ED Tamron SP AF 90mm F/2.8 Di Macro Pentax smc DA 18-135mm F3.5-5.6ED AL [IF] DC WR +2 more
ASR45
OP ASR45 Forum Pro • Posts: 36,777

TomWret wrote:

Thanks Tom, mine to because of the Bokeh.  

Tom W(ret)

-- hide signature --

-- hide signature --

Alan.
It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.
Mark Twain

Canon EF 100-400mm F4.5-5.6L IS II Nikon D750 Pentax KP Canon 6D Mark II Nikon AF Nikkor 80-400mm f/4.5-5.6D ED VR +11 more
ASR45

Jenna B wrote:

I love hoverflies, such posers! Is it still sunny where you are then? We've had rain for the last week!

Yes Jenna, sun all the way, i guess you are unfortunate where you live in manchester as it has the reputation of getting more than its fair share of rain. I guess its part of the geography of where you are.

where as the south of England gets lots of sunny weather.    

-- hide signature --

Always smiling! Jenn x

-- hide signature --

Alan.
Mark Twain

Jenna B
Jenna B Senior Member • Posts: 2,700

ASR45 wrote:

Yes Jenna, sun all the way, i guess you are unfortunate where you live in manchester as it has the reputation of getting more than its fair share of rain. I guess its part of the geography of where you are.

That's certainly my experience of the place! Kilmarnock wasn't much better... perhaps even worse most of the time!

Exeter was the nicest weather in general, and some of the most dramatic, though I also have fond memories of growing up in Warwickshire and Hertfordshire.

We used to go visiting my aunt in Kessingland, suffolk - that was nice, not too far from you if I remember correctly?

-- hide signature --

Always smiling! Jenn x

Jenna B's gear list:Jenna B's gear list
Pentax K100D Pentax K-5 II Pentax smc DA 55-300mm F4.0-5.8 ED Tamron SP AF 90mm F/2.8 Di Macro Pentax smc DA 18-135mm F3.5-5.6ED AL [IF] DC WR +2 more
awaldram
awaldram Forum Pro • Posts: 13,214

ASR45 wrote:

TomWret wrote:

Got to disagree though #3 is very nice I adore #4

The delicacy of the petals is seen via the translucence overlap, This raises the image from good to excellent IMO control of light makes it fascinating, I keep returning for another look

Tom W(ret)

-- hide signature --

-- hide signature --

Alan.
Mark Twain

awaldram's gear list:awaldram's gear list
Pentax K-x Pentax Q Olympus PEN E-PM2 Pentax Q7 Pentax K-3 +17 more
Arijit Banerjee
Arijit Banerjee Senior Member • Posts: 2,566

That shade of peachish pink is just beautiful. Lovely captures.

-- hide signature --

Arijit

Arijit Banerjee's gear list:Arijit Banerjee's gear list
Pentax K-5 Pentax K-3 Pentax K-3 II Pentax smc DA 55-300mm F4.0-5.8 ED Pentax smc DA* 300mm F4.0 ED (IF) SDM +3 more
leopold Forum Pro • Posts: 14,083
 leopold's gear list:leopold's gear list
Canon EOS 7D Fujifilm X-E1 Canon EF 400mm f/5.6L USM Canon EF 70-200mm F4L USM Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R +3 more
kitsios_spyros
kitsios_spyros Senior Member • Posts: 2,630

#3 is my favorite.

Kind Regards,

Spyros

kitsios_spyros's gear list:kitsios_spyros's gear list
Pentax K-01 Pentax K-5 II Samsung NX300 Pentax K-3 Pentax K-3 II +12 more
ASR45

awaldram wrote:

ASR45 wrote:

TomWret wrote:

Got to disagree though #3 is very nice I adore #4

The delicacy of the petals is seen via the translucence overlap, This raises the image from good to excellent IMO control of light makes it fascinating, I keep returning for another look

I know what you mean, that is the one i like best thanks.  

Tom W(ret)

-- hide signature --

-- hide signature --

Alan.
Mark Twain

-- hide signature --

Alan.
Mark Twain

ASR45

Jenna B wrote:

ASR45 wrote:

That's certainly my experience of the place! Kilmarnock wasn't much better... perhaps even worse most of the time!

Exeter was the nicest weather in general, and some of the most dramatic, though I also have fond memories of growing up in Warwickshire and Hertfordshire.

We used to go visiting my aunt in Kessingland, suffolk - that was nice, not too far from you if I remember correctly?

Hi jenna, yes not that far im Norfolk, kessingland is about 60 miles from me, i use to go to there wildlife park in the 80s, dont know if it still has one.

-- hide signature --

Always smiling! Jenn x

-- hide signature --

Alan.
Mark Twain

ASR45

Arijit Banerjee wrote:

That shade of peachish pink is just beautiful. Lovely captures.

Hi Arijit, thankyou.

-- hide signature --

Alan.
Mark Twain

ASR45

leopold wrote:

The last one is my favorite, well done.

Thanks Ian.

-- hide signature --

Alan.
Mark Twain

ASR45

kitsios_spyros wrote:

#3 is my favorite.

Kind Regards,

Spyros

Cheers Spyros, glad you like it.

-- hide signature --

Alan.
Mark Twain

Teufel Hunden
Teufel Hunden Regular Member • Posts: 153

The second and third are especially nice shots!

DD

Teufel Hunden's gear list:Teufel Hunden's gear list
Canon EOS 60D Pentax K-30 Tamron AF 28-75mm F/2.8 XR Di LD Aspherical (IF) Tamron SP AF 90mm F/2.8 Di Macro Tamron SP AF 180mm F/3.5 Di LD (IF) Macro
ASR45

Teufel Hunden wrote:

The second and third are especially nice shots!

Thanks, its nice to get a perspective in what people like best, and what they see as thee best.

DD

-- hide signature --

Alan.
Mark Twain

mauritsvw
mauritsvw Senior Member • Posts: 1,024
Lovely!

Last one my favourite.

mauritsvw's gear list:mauritsvw's gear list
Canon PowerShot SX50 HS Pentax K-5 +1 more
ASR45
Re: Lovely!

mauritsvw wrote:

Last one my favourite.

Many thanks Maurits.

-- hide signature --

Alan.
Mark Twain

DAVID MANZE Veteran Member • Posts: 5,138

Hi Alan,

Nice shots from a lovely lens, I briefly looked up min. focusing distance which is 1.4,mts, did you use an additional close up lens for the photos?

-- hide signature --

Dave's clichés

DAVID MANZE's gear list:DAVID MANZE's gear list
Nikon D750 Nikon D500 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 16-85mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR Nikon AF Nikkor 24mm f/2.8D Nikon AF Nikkor 28mm f/2.8D +16 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads