Optimising HP XW4600 PC for post-processing duties
I'm on a fairly tight budget but wanted something faster than my old PC as I can't stand the delays in processing larger picture files.
I got an HP XW4600 off Ebay recently for a very good price. It's got a 2.66 gHz Quad core CPU, 4 gig of RAM (2x2), and a Quadro NVS290 graphics card.
My question is should I upgrade that graphics card, double the RAM (I'm not sure yet if it is running W7 32 or 64 bit), or try and do both? The NVS290 has 256 meg of RAM and dual display. Can anybody with one of these workstations recommend a better card for post processing work?
- Canon EOS M58.8%
- Panasonic G85/G803.3%
- Panasonic FZ2500/FZ20001.9%
- Panasonic LX10/LX151.2%
- Panasonic GH5 development3.6%
- Sony a99 II15.9%
- Nikon KeyMission 170 and 801.0%
- Fujifilm GFX 50S development28.3%
- Olympus E-M1 II development18.7%
- Olympus E-PL80.1%
- Olympus 25mm F1.2 Pro1.5%
- Olympus 12-100mm F4 IS Pro1.9%
- Olympus 30mm F3.5 Macro0.1%
- Sigma 85mm F1.4 Art3.6%
- Sigma 12-24mm F4 Art2.6%
- Sigma 500mm F4 DG OS HSM Sport2.4%
- YI M12.2%
- GoPro Hero50.8%
- GoPro Karma drone2.2%
|Flower in flower by atdigit|
from Random Items Challenge 26
|Surface tension by atdigit|
from Right in the middle
|A Normal Dat at Thomas's Clap 2016-9379 by Andrew Maltzoff|
from Show us SCHOOL!