the D4x is coming.

Started Jul 14, 2013 | Discussions
fft81 Contributing Member • Posts: 951
The bottom line is

And the bottom line is:

1. D4X is coming, unless it does not come.

2. D4X will have no aliasing filter, unless it has one.

3. D4X will have less FPS than D4 but more FPS than d800, unless it has less FPS than d800.

4. D4X will have a boatload of megapixels. In fact it will have exactly less then, equal to or more megapixels then D800.

5. D4X will be marketed as D4X unless nikon does not make the D4X.

pluton Veteran Member • Posts: 3,220
Re: The bottom line is

Finally, some true, sure, incontrovertable facts!

-- hide signature --

-KB-

lovEU Veteran Member • Posts: 3,135
Re: the D4x is coming.

Steve Bingham wrote:

Hi Michel! Granted the small ones will come first.

Cool, more pics to be shot

-- hide signature --

regards, eric

coudet Veteran Member • Posts: 4,101
Re: Is there a market for it?

rhlpetrus wrote:

Well, if it's just as simple as putting a D800's sensor on a D4's body, why not?

I'm thinking that if they were gonna do that, D4x should have arrived first and D800 later. Or, if they wanna do a D4x now, it would probably have to be better than D4 body + D800 sensor.

tom43 Forum Member • Posts: 79

@Steve Bingham:

"Information about the D4x should be leaked in the next week or two. Stay tuned. My guess is that you will be able to buy one this fall."

This message was posted more than a month ago. Any news on this or just a not very reliable source of information?

tom43's gear list:tom43's gear list
Nikon D40 Nikon D3100 Nikon D810 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24mm f/1.4G ED +8 more
lock Veteran Member • Posts: 6,202
They stopped the original leaking some time ago...

But, as you see, there is new leak. Unfortunately, we do not know yet what it means, other than there will be new DSLR's.

lock

Steve Bingham
OP Steve Bingham Forum Pro • Posts: 26,132
Still waiting . . .

Still waiting. I remember how long it took the D600 to finally hit the market. I am sure Nikon looks carefully at the sales figures before releasing anything. Right now Nikon is experiencing some troubled waters - financial. The yen is struggling also. The D600 was being tested a full year before we even knew about it. I still expect some word this fall.

Nikonrumors is no longer a rumor mill, but rather a sales office for Nikon products. I imagine they are under VERY tight Nikon restrictions. Too bad. The best source now is knowing someone who is an extremely good friend and also under very strict NDA - and is testing the camera. This is a very valuable position and few, if any, are willing to risk it. Ever notice that full reviews and accurate descriptions miraculously appear within a day after announcement?

tom43 wrote:

@Steve Bingham:

"Information about the D4x should be leaked in the next week or two. Stay tuned. My guess is that you will be able to buy one this fall."

This message was posted more than a month ago. Any news on this or just a not very reliable source of information?

-- hide signature --

Steve Bingham
www.dustylens.com
www.ghost-town-photography.com

Steve Bingham's gear list:Steve Bingham's gear list
Nikon D810 Nikon D7200 Nikon AF Nikkor 85mm f/1.8D Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-140mm F3.5-5.6G ED VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 16-80mm F2.8-4E ED VR +20 more
rhlpetrus Forum Pro • Posts: 25,859
I fully agree with you n/t

fft81 wrote:

And the bottom line is:

1. D4X is coming, unless it does not come.

2. D4X will have no aliasing filter, unless it has one.

3. D4X will have less FPS than D4 but more FPS than d800, unless it has less FPS than d800.

4. D4X will have a boatload of megapixels. In fact it will have exactly less then, equal to or more megapixels then D800.

5. D4X will be marketed as D4X unless nikon does not make the D4X.

-- hide signature --

Renato.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/rhlpedrosa/
OnExposure member
http://www.onexposure.net/
Good shooting and good luck
(after Ed Murrow)

rhlpetrus's gear list:rhlpetrus's gear list
Leica D-Lux (Typ 109) Nikon D7000 Nikon 1 V1 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 12-24mm f/4G ED-IF Nikon AF Nikkor 35mm f/2D +4 more
tom43 Forum Member • Posts: 79
Re: Still waiting . . .

@Steve: Many thanks for this update!

tom43's gear list:tom43's gear list
Nikon D40 Nikon D3100 Nikon D810 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24mm f/1.4G ED +8 more
photoreddi Veteran Member • Posts: 7,973

Steve Bingham wrote:

tom43 wrote:

@Steve Bingham:

Still waiting. I remember how long it took the D600 to finally hit the market. I am sure Nikon looks carefully at the sales figures before releasing anything. Right now Nikon is experiencing some troubled waters - financial. The yen is struggling also. The D600 was being tested a full year before we even knew about it. I still expect some word this fall.

Nikonrumors is no longer a rumor mill, but rather a sales office for Nikon products. I imagine they are under VERY tight Nikon restrictions. Too bad. The best source now is knowing someone who is an extremely good friend and also under very strict NDA - and is testing the camera. This is a very valuable position and few, if any, are willing to risk it. Ever notice that full reviews and accurate descriptions miraculously appear within a day after announcement?

Something may be in the works or as Sherlock would say, "The game is afoot!" Adorama just closed out a D600 + 24-85mm kit sale that moved nearly 1/2 million dollars worth of refurbished product in just a few days. Adorama and others are still selling refurbished D600s for $1,600, but now without the kit lens. It's anyone's guess why this particular pipeline needed to be emptied right now but it suggests that something is coming. I don't see that it would be needed to help with a D4x, but maybe it's a D400 or an improved, guaranteed cleaner D600s.

seahawk
seahawk Senior Member • Posts: 2,896

Indeed this points more towards a D400, D800S or D750 than towards a D4X.

-- hide signature --

hobby aviation photographer

Park Kultry New Member • Posts: 14

Wonderful tat it was announced today from Kyoto.

TOR8472 Senior Member • Posts: 1,616
Re: are you suggesting NR NDA?

You aren't suggesting that NR is under NDA are you? I assume you mean no one is leaking to NR because the NDAs are so tight now and they are more selective in who they share with?

I believe NR is publishing everything it gets that it considers remotely possible of being true. I think the reason NR is getting fewer detailed rumors more than a few days in advance of the official announcment is because some of the leaks in the past were deliberate leaks by Nikon. Of course it could also be that Nikon saw what was happening at NR and clamped down on all the leakers by finding out who they were. If that is the case, that will be bad for NR long term.

Steve Bingham wrote:

Nikonrumors is no longer a rumor mill, but rather a sales office for Nikon products. I imagine they are under VERY tight Nikon restrictions. Too bad. The best source now is knowing someone who is an extremely good friend and also under very strict NDA - and is testing the camera. This is a very valuable position and few, if any, are willing to risk it. Ever notice that full reviews and accurate descriptions miraculously appear within a day after announcement?

TOR8472's gear list:TOR8472's gear list
Panasonic FZ1000 Nikon D810 Nikon AF DX Fisheye-Nikkor 10.5mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED +3 more
Jane79
Jane79 Regular Member • Posts: 438

tom43 wrote:

@Steve: Many thanks for this update!

Steve: Do you have inside information or are you just guessing like everybody else? Have you signed a Nikon NDA and are therefore not at liberty to share your information?

Declaration: I do NOT have any inside information, just basic knowledge of Nikon DSLR history.

PixelMover Contributing Member • Posts: 750
Re: are you suggesting NR NDA?

Didn't NR have pics of the D800 online months before the release while 99% of the people insisted they were fake, the body would never look like this, specs were wrong, bla bla. And it turned out to be spot on. I seriously doubt NR is under NDA. If he had to wait for the official news, there would be no point for him in having that blog in the first place.

I'm not surprised no one has 'spotted/leaked' a D4x as they are virtually impossible to visually distinguish from the original probably. Without a 'badge' you couldn't tell a D3 from a D3s or a D3x, could you?

If Nikon has a smart marketing department, they may throw him a 'controlled' leak now and then. But so far he seems to come up with a lot more substantial stuff then Steve has so far.

What baffles me is that no one has picked up on the BIG news yet....

-- hide signature --

Take pictures like Jiro makes Sushi.

Bill Fagan Senior Member • Posts: 2,001
Many NDA's

do not allow comment either way on the agreement. That is thought to be telling in some ways.

Bill Fagan Senior Member • Posts: 2,001

CFynn wrote:

PatFahey wrote:

rubank wrote:

And who wants to look at square pictures? You´d always be cropping, i.e. wasting pixels. Very high priced pixels.

Ever hear of Hasselblad?

Yes I still have a 500 c/m. - and had a Rollei TLR as well

On those cameras the square format eliminated the need for a large, heavy eye level prism if you used the folding waist level finder.

I like the square format too - but the reality is most people prefer the majority of their photos rectangualar.

I still have and occasionally use my Rollei 3.5F TLR. Mostly WITH the bulky prism. It makes following action and precise focusing much easier. Same with my Blad 503 which is no longer reliable enough to use. I do generally print rectangular images from the square format. Its kind of nice not having to spin the camera to compose. It does bother me a bit to waste the imaging area on film.

CerberusCH Junior Member • Posts: 36

Steve Bingham wrote:

Information about the D4x should be leaked in the next week or two. Stay tuned. My guess is that you will be able to buy one this fall.

?????

Still no news ......

KnightPhoto2
KnightPhoto2 Senior Member • Posts: 2,027

CerberusCH wrote:

?????

Still no news ......

Yeah, what are we waiting for? I guess Nikon is waiting for Thom Hogan's vacation to be over

So this fall Nikon needs to announce:

D4X

D400

D610

D5300

Wonder if Nikon can get to be that nimble?

-- hide signature --

Best Regards,
SteveK
'A camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera.' -- Dorothea Lange
http://images.nikonians.org/galleries/showgallery.php/cat/500/ppuser/119002

KnightPhoto2's gear list:KnightPhoto2's gear list
Nikon 1 V3 Nikon D500 Nikon Z6 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 58mm f/1.4G Nikkor AF-S 300mm f/4E PF ED VR +21 more
rhlpetrus Forum Pro • Posts: 25,859

KnightPhoto2 wrote:

CerberusCH wrote:

?????

Still no news ......

Yeah, what are we waiting for? I guess Nikon is waiting for Thom Hogan's vacation to be over

So this fall Nikon needs to announce:

D4X

D400

D610

D5300

Wonder if Nikon can get to be that nimble?

Drop the first 2.

-- hide signature --

Renato.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/rhlpedrosa/
OnExposure member
http://www.onexposure.net/
Good shooting and good luck
(after Ed Murrow)

rhlpetrus's gear list:rhlpetrus's gear list
Leica D-Lux (Typ 109) Nikon D7000 Nikon 1 V1 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 12-24mm f/4G ED-IF Nikon AF Nikkor 35mm f/2D +4 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads