Can I use Canon 580EX II speedlight with X100S
Anyone using Canon flash with X100S
Yes, you can. In full manual mode. The trigger will only be the middle contact, so no TTL or kind of that.
Did it with the X100 and the XP1.
Thanks for info Daniel. I was pretty sure it would be manual only just wasn't sure it would fire and not blow up the camera, voltage issues.
You can also use it in A mode my rather similar metz works perfectly that way.
Good judgment comes from experience
Experience comes from bad judgment
If interested I think you can also use it wirelessly using a Wein HS Hot Shoe Slave activated by the on-board flash. Not 100% sure .Can anyone verify this ?
- Canon EOS M58.8%
- Panasonic G85/G803.3%
- Panasonic FZ2500/FZ20001.9%
- Panasonic LX10/LX151.2%
- Panasonic GH5 development3.6%
- Sony a99 II15.9%
- Nikon KeyMission 170 and 801.0%
- Fujifilm GFX 50S development28.3%
- Olympus E-M1 II development18.7%
- Olympus E-PL80.1%
- Olympus 25mm F1.2 Pro1.5%
- Olympus 12-100mm F4 IS Pro1.9%
- Olympus 30mm F3.5 Macro0.1%
- Sigma 85mm F1.4 Art3.6%
- Sigma 12-24mm F4 Art2.6%
- Sigma 500mm F4 DG OS HSM Sport2.4%
- YI M12.2%
- GoPro Hero50.8%
- GoPro Karma drone2.2%
|Orange-tip Butterfly by anisah|
from Nature's Colour Palette
|Windswept juniper by Kreber|
from Wind power