Show Your Snaps...June 24, 2013

Started Jun 25, 2013 | Photos
OP Digirame Forum Pro • Posts: 36,433
Re: Great niece...

That's very nice.  Yes, you could rotate it, but this shows us how kids have a way of moving around too fast for us to get good poses.

Re: Seville - T2i

Wow...that's pretty.  I found viewing the original makes it even more astounding.  Could you describe a little about where you took the photograph?

lawmarks Regular Member • Posts: 272
Re: Show Your Snaps...June 24, 2013

Thanks for all the comments.

AndyMulhearn Contributing Member • Posts: 609
Re: Great niece...

Digirame wrote:

That's very nice. Yes, you could rotate it, but this shows us how kids have a way of moving around too fast for us to get good poses.

Indeed

AndyMulhearn's gear list:AndyMulhearn's gear list
Fujifilm X-E1 Canon EOS 7D Mark II Fujifilm X-Pro2 Canon EF 400mm f/5.6L USM Canon EF-S 17-85mm f/4-5.6 IS USM +7 more
Ramblinwoman Forum Member • Posts: 72

Thank you. I tried to blur the backgrounds because they were a golf course busy with golfers, carts, lawn mowers etc.

Linda

Ramblinwoman's gear list:Ramblinwoman's gear list
Canon PowerShot S2 IS Canon PowerShot G2 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ28 Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX5 Canon EOS 550D +5 more
herebefore
herebefore Veteran Member • Posts: 3,296
Wife and her horse

She needs to memorize her "moves" for a class called "Showmanship At Halter" the horse just waits.

-- hide signature --

Larry Lynch
Mystic, Connecticut
Be Careful, sleep can be a symptom of caffeine deprivation
I figured out why I cant lose weight! The only exercise Im good at is CHEWING
Don't take yourself so seriously. No one else does
In all matters of opinion, our adversaries are insane.
Oscar Wilde

herebefore
Re: Heron & Fish

Nice set of "Wildlife" shots Digi.

-- hide signature --

Larry Lynch
Mystic, Connecticut
Oscar Wilde

Canadian Club
Canadian Club Forum Pro • Posts: 41,938
Keeping An Eye Open

Hi:

First picture has the eyes closed and the second picture opened.

T3i with 18-270 Tamron

CC

herebefore
CC I dont think these guys EVER really sleep in the daytime..

The place I retired from had REALLY hi-res, long zoom, stabilized surveillance cameras, and the geese used to cluster around the building I worked in to eat the clover, and rest...

I zoomed in on a gooses head, from time to time and filled a 40 inch monitor with it...

Some of them slept, for sure, but the leader of each particular pack (they roamed in groups of 20 to 40 adults and chicks) would cycle an eye open about once every thirty seconds.. Every 4 to 5 minutes he would raise his head, have a good look around, and resume "resting".

Amazing what you could observe with a 950mm f4 lens from hundreds of feet away (cameras were mounted 60 feet above a 3 story building).

-- hide signature --

Larry Lynch
Mystic, Connecticut
Oscar Wilde

Heron & Fish - Thanks

Thanks...glad you stopped by and took a look.

Re: Wife and her horse

That's a good looking photo.  I know you from the Olympus DSLR forum.  How long have you been using the Canon camera?  How do you like it?  I've been pretty happy with the Canon T2i (550D) cameras for about a year and a half, considering that I'm still using the kit lenses and shooting JPEGs.  I look at other lenses and so forth, but I'm in no hurry to get more gear.  But I look at them a lot, although.   I'd like to get another telephoto lens, maybe the fixed 400mm L lens, rather than the 100-400mm L lens for wildlife.  But I got a ways to go before I've saved enough for that.  So, I'm taking my time...taking lots of pictures in the meantime.

Re: Keeping An Eye Open

Those are nice sharp photos.  Yes, those geese have to keep a watch on us paparazzi photographers.

olmail Senior Member • Posts: 1,492
Re: Seville - T2i

that is a cool shot

olmail's gear list:olmail's gear list
Canon EOS 7D Canon EOS 7D Mark II Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM Canon EF 300mm f/4.0L IS USM Canon EF-S 10-22mm F3.5-4.5 USM +4 more
PStu Regular Member • Posts: 342

Lotus close-up

Lotus blossom

PStu's gear list:PStu's gear list
Olympus XZ-2 iHS Canon EOS 450D Olympus PEN E-PL2 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G6 Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II +9 more

Those are very pretty.  I like the light-red-purple colors.

herebefore

Digirame wrote:

That's a good looking photo. I know you from the Olympus DSLR forum. How long have you been using the Canon camera? How do you like it? I've been pretty happy with the Canon T2i (550D) cameras for about a year and a half, considering that I'm still using the kit lenses and shooting JPEGs. I look at other lenses and so forth, but I'm in no hurry to get more gear. But I look at them a lot, although. I'd like to get another telephoto lens, maybe the fixed 400mm L lens, rather than the 100-400mm L lens for wildlife. But I got a ways to go before I've saved enough for that. So, I'm taking my time...taking lots of pictures in the meantime.

I've had Canon gear for quite some time... Just haven't been using it much.

I bought into the Olympus cameras because I got VERY tired of cleaning sensors..

I have a bunch of lenses for Canon or adapted for Canon, so with no new Oly DSLR in sight I spent some small change on a very new (used) T1i..  Im very happy with it, and will be using it a LOT!

I need to find my favorite lens (f2.8 135mm CZ Yashica/Contax mount) Its in a box someplace with the Canon adapter on it!

-- hide signature --

Larry Lynch
Mystic, Connecticut
Oscar Wilde

annod Junior Member • Posts: 41

breakfast by the beach

annod's gear list:annod's gear list
Canon EOS 1100D

water sports

Canon EOS 1100D

view from our balcony, yes been on holiday thought i would share my memories

Canon EOS 1100D

That's interesting.  When I first bought my Canon T2i (550D) camera, that was the first time I had purchased a Canon DSLR camera.  I haven't had any problems cleaning the sensors because of maybe two reasons.  First they have a sensor cleaning system (I don't know if it's as good as the Olympus system) and secondly I don't change lenses on both of my Canon DSLR cameras.  I'm glad you like the Canon T1i (500D) camera.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads