Got the zeiss touit 32mm 1.8 today

Started Jun 12, 2013 | Discussions
johncecilian Contributing Member • Posts: 706
Got the zeiss touit 32mm 1.8 today

Dont know if it is better or worse than the Sony 35 1.8 but here is an example from my backyard:

yellow flower

johncecilian's gear list:johncecilian's gear list
Fujifilm X-E3 Fujifilm X-H1 Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R Carl Zeiss Touit 1.8/32 Fujifilm XF 80mm F2.8 Macro
fboosman New Member • Posts: 13
Re: Got the zeiss touit 32mm 1.8 today

I have the Sony Zeiss 24mm and the Zeiss Touit 12mm, plus the Sony 18-200mm. If I were buying from scratch now, I'd probably go for the Zeiss Touit 12mm and 32mm plus the Sony 18-200mm. And in either case I'd have my eyes on the Zeiss Touit macro set for later this year...

Anthony Kunkel
Anthony Kunkel Contributing Member • Posts: 861

I got got mine as well, but I had knee surgery this morning and I will be laid up on the couch for the next 48 hours

Anthony Kunkel's gear list:Anthony Kunkel's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-7
Section10
Section10 Senior Member • Posts: 1,537

johncecilian wrote:

Dont know if it is better or worse than the Sony 35 1.8 but here is an example from my backyard:

I'll be getting mine tomorrow, and can do a quick comparison with my sel35

One thing we will have to look out for is camera shake, we get awfully spoiled with OSS. The slightest bit of camera shake will suppress the gains in sharpness from the Zeiss.

Section10's gear list:Section10's gear list
Sony FE 55mm F1.8 Nikon D4 Sony a9 Zeiss Otus 1.4/55 Zeiss Batis 25mm F2 +3 more
Dennishh Contributing Member • Posts: 549

Can't believe the contrast,color and sharpness of this shot. The Zeiss look is alive and well. Cogradulations!

Dennishh's gear list:Dennishh's gear list
Sony a7R Sony a7R II Sony FE 28mm F2 Zeiss Batis 85mm F1.8 Sony FE 70-300mm F4.5-5.6 G OSS +4 more
vajrasattva Senior Member • Posts: 1,623

Please do. I look foward to seeing the results.

vajrasattva's gear list:vajrasattva's gear list
Fujifilm X-T1
lesnapanda Regular Member • Posts: 123

I believe I've seen that you have nex-6. Once you get the Touit - can you please check if PDAF works with it?

lesnapanda's gear list:lesnapanda's gear list
Sigma DP2 Merrill Sigma dp0 Quattro Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sony a6000 Sony E 16mm F2.8 Pancake +5 more
Astrophotographer 10 Forum Pro • Posts: 11,499

I thought that myself - that is a very vibrant image.

I have several Contax g lenses on my Nex 6 and the first thing I noticed about them was the vibrant colours and sharpness.

Greg.

Astrophotographer 10's gear list:Astrophotographer 10's gear list
Sony a7R II Sony a7R III Sony FE 55mm F1.8 Zeiss Batis 85mm F1.8 Zeiss Loxia 21mm F2.8 +1 more
Anthony Kunkel
Anthony Kunkel Contributing Member • Posts: 861

I got a little stir crazy sitting up with my leg raised up for several hours and decided to hobble out for a few shots.

I will say this lens is darn sharp wide open. AF is a little hit or miss, but I expect that with the NEX 7 as all my lenses are this way....I hope Sony sees fit to on improving this. Manual focus is sublime with both Touit lenses I have. Colors are tremendous with this lens on my wide gamut Dell monitor. Coversion to sRGB does not do it justice...the only image not impacted by the conversion was the Lazy Greyhound pic.

Anthony Kunkel's gear list:Anthony Kunkel's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-7
LSF Contributing Member • Posts: 602

Phase detect does work with this lens

LSF's gear list:LSF's gear list
Sony RX10 III
lesnapanda Regular Member • Posts: 123

Great! Thanks a lot! Couldn't find the info.

lesnapanda's gear list:lesnapanda's gear list
Sigma DP2 Merrill Sigma dp0 Quattro Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sony a6000 Sony E 16mm F2.8 Pancake +5 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads