Deeper waterproof camera on the way?
I know Nikon now has a camera that will go to 59 feet (AW 110) and was wondering if there is anything on the horizon that will get deeper? The 100 foot mark would be a great target as I could use it for scuba diving... I just sold my Panasonic as it only went to 40 feet... 59 feet is better but I think I may hold out a bit longer before buying something... Any rumours??? It would be a big market to capture...
There is very little light at 40 feet, even less at 59. These waterproof cameras have tiny sensors and don't do very well in low light. To shoot at greater depths you will probably need an external flash and/or a larger sensor. I think you would be better off with a large sensor compact in an underwater housing.
- Canon EOS M58.8%
- Panasonic G85/G803.3%
- Panasonic FZ2500/FZ20001.9%
- Panasonic LX10/LX151.2%
- Panasonic GH5 development3.6%
- Sony a99 II15.9%
- Nikon KeyMission 170 and 801.0%
- Fujifilm GFX 50S development28.3%
- Olympus E-M1 II development18.7%
- Olympus E-PL80.1%
- Olympus 25mm F1.2 Pro1.5%
- Olympus 12-100mm F4 IS Pro1.9%
- Olympus 30mm F3.5 Macro0.1%
- Sigma 85mm F1.4 Art3.6%
- Sigma 12-24mm F4 Art2.6%
- Sigma 500mm F4 DG OS HSM Sport2.4%
- YI M12.2%
- GoPro Hero50.8%
- GoPro Karma drone2.2%